Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Very Interesting Fletcher Mackel model for Pels to rebuild.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    People are spending WAY too much time trying to figure out our cap situation IMO. If a player you want agrees to a deal-any deal- you can make it work. And this goes for almost every team. For once, cap space has almost nothing to do with who signs where. The hard part for this organization will not be getting the cap room, it will be getting a good to great FA to come here. If they get the verbal, creating the max space won't be a problem at all. What Dell had to do to make the Asik trade work was 20 times harder
    I agree, we want Barnes or Batum or anyone else but Dell and Gentry will have to do a major selling job to get anyone. As for Tyreke, he is a good player and easily worth a late first or I say keep him and bring him off the bench like originally planned. Stretching salaries should never be an option in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    The only people throwing out crazy numbers are here. He will be expensive but nothing crazy that we can't afford or shouldn't pay. He is a perfect fit at the 3 for what we need especially if we hit on our draft pick. If we can snag Hield who I think will be a similiar player to CJ offensively but better defensively then Barnes is exactly what this team needs. I think he's going to get paid in the $14-$17 million range which I am fine with paying. Won't be as much with the cap going up in the next few years either. I think he is a much better player then Green and a better fit. Green is a true tweener while Barnes is a SF who can play PF. They are similiar except Barnes shows way more potential creating his own shot and has been a much better 3 point shooter. I just think replacing Gordon with Barnes is a huge plus for this team.
    You keep saying this, but it's simply not true. Almost every writer/analyst/announcer thinks Barnes will be offered a max or very close to it, by some team, if not multiple. You said he would take a contract in the $14-17 million range, but he's already turned down an offer of $16 million per year, from Golden St no less. Here's a link to an article from Zach Lowe(one of the best writers in the league) at Grantland, a very reputable site. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ha...on-free-agent/

Barnes is right to bet on someone offering him a max deal — averaging as much as $23 million per season — if he gets to free agency. There is too much cap money for a blah free-agent class. That exploding money factored into Barnes’s decision to fire his old agent, Jeff Wechsler, and hire the powerhouse Jeff Schwartz. Barnes is pushing back against the standard 4 percent agent commission, league sources told Grantland last week, arguing that those old rules shouldn’t apply to new money.1

Any team dangling a max contract at Barnes will be betting there is a borderline star ready to smash through the walls that Golden State’s infrastructure places around him. It will scour the film for glimpses of that player and comb the numbers for signs that Barnes has made subtle advances in the skills any no. 2 option has to have.

The Warriors are right to bargain as if that player may never exist, and if Barnes won’t accept less than the max, they can let him enter free agency — and match any offer he gets. They will not lose him for nothing.
    If one is article is not enough to admit that you're wrong, I'll gladly post more. The general consensus is that he will get a big payday; a max or very close to it. I hope it's not from us. I don't think he'll ever be worth a max. Also interesting to note, that Grantland agrees, the Warriors won't let him walk for nothing. So, please stop with this nonsense that "only posters here think Barnes will get that kind of money."

I think people will be very disappointed this off-season if they think we are landing a big name free agent. Think we are going to go for the "building the roster with fitting role players" route

Their first calls will be to Batum and Parsons, so I disagree. Now, when they strike out, they might go the "fitting role player" route, but that is not their goal
    @mcnamara247

If the Pels are looking at Parson's, it must be for past performances because he was a disaster in Dallas.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Their first calls will be to Batum and Parsons, so I disagree. Now, when they strike out, they might go the "fitting role player" route, but that is not their goal
    I would love to get Parsons. He seems more attainable because he might not be offered as much as Batum. However, either one of them will be awesome!

Is it assumed that Batum will get multiple max offers?

Parsons is going to get max or near max money. Same goes for Batum and Barnes. The top 4 SFs will all get paid. There's too much money available and too big of a need.

What an interesting era we lived in, Parsons/Batum/Barnes demanding max $ and likely will get it. Especially Parsons wth?

Parsons is certainly not worth max.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Parsons is certainly not worth max.
    Maybe, maybe not. But he's not opting out of 16m unless he thinks he's getting a raise.

Thread Information