Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can we DISCUSS FA moves in Conjunction w/ Draft Pick?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Can we DISCUSS FA moves in Conjunction w/ Draft Pick?

There are some VERY Intriguing POSSIBILITIES other than picking Hield for our SHOOTING guard woes!
    Galloway RFA
    Fournier RFA
    Bazemore UFA
    Beal RFA
    Waiters RFA

If we can DUMP Rekes 10,000,000 give or take & maybe,if lucky,ASIKs also! We could possibly have 45 mill or so in Cap space!
    Draft Dunn
    Or trade out of 6,if we have a dance partner & grab Prince from Baylor!Ideal 3 & D. Played #4 in college,but will definitely play #3 in NBA! If we can AX Asik (Big if),grab Hammons in round 2 ! Keep other #2 for possible Trade for a veteran! Any thoughts?

I can't go on if we will get rid of Tyreke or Asik or anyone because it's too much of an unknown.

But as we stand now, I'm willing to bet we bring in a starting SF through free agency. As for SG? We could draft one, or if we take 1 I could see Jrue playing SG.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I can't go on if we will get rid of Tyreke or Asik or anyone because it's too much of an unknown.

But as we stand now, I'm willing to bet we bring in a starting SF through free agency. As for SG? We could draft one, or if we take 1 I could see Jrue playing SG.
    You wouldnt rather Grab a Beal,Fournier or Galloway? Thats instant impact for your #2 ? The kid from baylor, Prince could start immediately at the #3 !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You wouldnt rather Grab a Beal,Fournier or Galloway? Thats instant impact for your #2 ? The kid from baylor, Prince could start immediately at the #3 !
    I love Beal, but my problem with him is that he's missed 81 games over the last 4 years. If we got another injury prone guard I think my head would explode. That, plus I don't see Washington letting him go but if they did he might cost a fortune.

Right now if I had to guess what we will do, we will draft Hield and sign Harrison Barnes.

Fournier is a stud though and I would love to have him.

I just think Barnes has absolutely star potential and in an increased role he could explode.

I just think Barnes has absolutely star potential and in an increased role he could explode.
    What are you willing to $$$$$ for Barnes ? I would pick Marigolds and Dafodils if we were able to sign Fournier ! He NO PLAY lots of Defense, so Vogel may NIX him! Plus his CAP hit it TWICE His salary this year ! So, Maybe !
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-20-2016 at 06:22 PM.

I'd give Barnes 18 mil and not blink about it honestly, but that's me.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Would Wizards really let Beal leave? If that's a possibility, I think you have to make the attempt there.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Would Wizards really let Beal leave? If that's a possibility, I think you have to make the attempt there.
    If they are tired of dealing with his injuries, yes. Good thing for them is, he is restricted, so when a team makes him an offer, they will get to decide if they want to pay that amount.

Can we discuss how awesome Tinman's avatar is?

If they are tired of dealing with his injuries, yes. Good thing for them is, he is restricted, so when a team makes him an offer, they will get to decide if they want to pay that amount.
    Just like how when Eric Gordon was a restricted free-agent the Suns offered him a boatload of cash and we decided that was too much....oh wait.

What if we do as David Fischer says, we wait a year before being active, and besides a draft pick and minor players we stand pat. By doing this we go into next season make or brake for Demps, and let the new guy come in and sign somebody from the 2017-2018 crop of FAs?
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-20-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I would love Fournier as well but the problem is a lack of SFs in this draft. I think Fournier could play SF but it wouldn't be ideal. IMO if we get someone like Hield then Barnes is just a perfect fit. His defensive ability and not needing a bunch of shots to make an impact. Would definitely like the see his role expand here but not change much. He needs the ball more to create and should be asked to attack more. Barnes scoring 15 ppg here is exactly what we need while Hield can be that 17-22 ppg player. Excited to see what we do.

Barnes, Fournier, Beal, and Whiteside are 4 guys I would love to go after. Getting any ome of these guys would be great. This is why I'm all for opting for the amnesty on Asik and trying to move Reke. Would be great to grab 2 big FAs if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Just like how when Eric Gordon was a restricted free-agent the Suns offered him a boatload of cash and we decided that was too much....oh wait.
    Hahaha, but to be fair, that got us AD

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Like James Harden, but with defense?

The Franchise
    I think a trade down while moving players is a good scenario since we didn't win the first or second pick. A trade down to acquire okafor or maybe a trade down with Denver and getting Barton, would be a couple options I'd like to persue. Ideally if we could move Reke, Asik, or Ajinca without taking much back would help our chances at free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Can we discuss how awesome Tinman's avatar is?
    Meh, need some more meat on her bones for my liking.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If Heild is off the board I trade our 6th pick to Toronto for 9th and 27th pick.

Then I trade Evans and pick 40 for Philadelphia's pick 24.

I then pick Valentine at 9.
    Prince at 24.
    Zizic or Hammons at 39.
    Sign Dudley, Frazier, Ennis and extend Jrue with cap space.

2017 is when we target our SF.

Holiday/Frazier/Douglas
    Valentine/Q-Pon/BDJ
    Dudley/Prince/Ennis
    Davis/Cunningham/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Zizic or Hammons
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 05-21-2016 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If Heild is off the board I trade our 6th pick to Toronto for 9th and 27th pick.

Then I trade Evans and pick 40 for Philadelphia's pick 24.

I then pick Valentine at 9.
    Prince at 24.
    Zizic or Hammons at 39.
    Sign Dudley, Frazier, Ennis and extend Jrue with cap space.

2017 is when we target our SF.

Holiday/Frazier/Douglas
    Valentine/Q-Pon/BDJ
    Dudley/Prince/Ennis
    Davis/Cunningham/Babbitt
    Asik/Ajinca/Zizic or Hammons
    I would love PRINCE ! But picking Valentine at #9 over Murray or Dunn at #6 ! I dont SEE ! #9 is too high for Valentine !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    9 is too high for Valentine !
    Are You sure?
    I can see a world where he will be chosen 8 or 9.... Later I will find article about it.
    So I see a risk with trading down.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Are You sure?
    I can see a world where he will be chosen 8 or 9.... Later I will find article about it.
    So I see a risk with trading down.
    I'll rephrase. I Do NOT think Valentine is worth a trade down!He will NOT a be a consistant 3-pt threat.If Hield is gone,either Murray or Dunn will still be on the board.Both will be immediate impact players at WHAT they do.VALENTINE reminds me of a Victor Oladipo. Oladipo went entirely to high in the draft! His range is about 20 ft! Might as well draft a #3 whose range is 23 ft !
    Murray will be an INSTANT 3-pt threat & Dunn will be an immediate distributor & defensive nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Like James Harden, but with defense?
    I don't think he'll ever be the shot creator harden is. I could see Barnes being a poor man's paul george.

Valentine offers more than 3p threat.
    Hield offers constant shooting.
    It all depends on our need.
    I dont know if I will trade down. I will decide during the draft. Depends who is left.
    With Brown and Hield left on board I will at least consider trading down.
    With Murray, Bender or Dunn left? Hell no...

I think Valentine is a player teams will regret passing on because of his athleticism. Sure he isn't very athletic, but he understands team concepts and has very quick feet.

Thread Information