Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ryan Anderson S&T

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    How can you easily see it? Seriously, how? There's such a small chance it happens. Ryno would have to be on board and he's an UFA, so he can just pick the team he wants to go to and they can sign him without giving up assets.
    Because the Pelicans can offer him the most money.
    If he wants the most money and a team he wants to go to hasn’t got the cap space to sign him out right we can offer him that money and then get salary back from the trade from players we may want in that deal.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    How can you easily see it? Seriously, how? There's such a small chance it happens. Ryno would have to be on board and he's an UFA, so he can just pick the team he wants to go to and they can sign him without giving up assets.
    1. If we sign and trade Ryno he maximizes what his salary will raise every year. ( I believe the difference is a couple percent increase vs a team straight up signing him)

2. The other team would have to want to either drop some players to sign more FAs. The Kings would probably want to move gay and sign another FA or maybe create cap space for Rondo. (Not that I want Gay)

3. The other team could be in our boat by not wanting to lose a player for nothing so they would sign and trade. Bad example would be the Warriors maybe not wanting to pay Barnes but like Ryno. Both teams could sign and trade and it would help with their ability to go over the cap

I guess it's not so easy cause it takes two to tango but if the player is going where he wants and getting the most money and raises, why wouldn't the players on both teams do it? Teams would be looking to do it so they can go OVER the cap and then use the MLE instead of the just the small exception.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    1. If we sign and trade Ryno he maximizes what his salary will raise every year. ( I believe the difference is a couple percent increase vs a team straight up signing him)

2. The other team would have to want to either drop some players to sign more FAs. The Kings would probably want to move gay and sign another FA or maybe create cap space for Rondo. (Not that I want Gay)

3. The other team could be in our boat by not wanting to lose a player for nothing so they would sign and trade. Bad example would be the Warriors maybe not wanting to pay Barnes but like Ryno. Both teams could sign and trade and it would help with their ability to go over the cap

I guess it's not so easy cause it takes two to tango but if the player is going where he wants and getting the most money and raises, why wouldn't the players on both teams do it? Teams would be looking to do it so they can go OVER the cap and then use the MLE instead of the just the small exception.
    Also wasn't Anderson a sign and trade via Orlando?
    No way Orlando traded him just to get Ayon did they?

S&T salary has the same constraints as on the FA market. NOLA's only advantage in terms of salary is if he signs here and stays for a bit. Larger raises and a 5th year is possible.

If I'm New Orleans, I tell Ryno to bring me the market price to see if I can sweeten it if he does not take an initial offer, if I even make one.

If I'm N.O. I'm letting Ryno walk. Loved the flamethrower while he was here but we need to be spending that $$ on other types of players. He's a luxury not a necessity. Will always root for him, unless he's playing against the Pels.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    Considering Ryno is basically gone after this offseason we might aswell attempt to obtain something from him.
    I.M.O a sign and trade with Nerlens Noel from the sixers would be fantastic for both teams, i dont think i have to go in to depth as to why.
    Sixers are 100% taking simmons, i know that for a fact, i've followed simmons since he was a kid and his been affiliated with brett brown all his life in Australia, and basically his promised to take him and reports are now saying that.
    With this, sixers desperately need shooting to create space for simmons, and a front court of Simmons, Ryno and Okafor is a solid front court that may even take them close to the playoffs their first year out of the lottery if they can obtain a solid F/A guard.

Banned
    First, welcome fellow Aussie.

Secondly, why does it benefit Philly to do an S and T with him instead of just signing him as a FA? Something about they will keep his bird rights maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Also wasn't Anderson a sign and trade via Orlando?
    No way Orlando traded him just to get Ayon did they?
    It was in the podcast on Vertical.
    Ryno was RFA. There was interest in him. But everybody expected that ORL will match everything. But because of new regime they dont wanted to give him 8/year. Dell gave him offer as first. To sweeten a deal we gave them Goose... Liked or not he went to Louisiana.

There is very little chance of a S&T. Very few teams won't have cap space. There is no benefit in contract to S&T. The new CBA combined with the cap increase basically killed all incentive for S&T's. It is not happening. Ryno is walking and we aren't getting a thing.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphonetiks View Post
    There is very little chance of a S&T. Very few teams won't have cap space. There is no benefit in contract to S&T. The new CBA combined with the cap increase basically killed all incentive for S&T's. It is not happening. Ryno is walking and we aren't getting a thing.
    O well, life goes on.

Thread Information