Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: It's D-Day

Like 4 hours to go!! I can't wait!! If we get a top 2 pick that will do wonders for this franchise! I'll take either Simmons or Ingram. I hope they don't trade the pick though. Pick 3 would kind of suck unless they take my guy Dunn there. Hopefully if we get 6, Buddy, Murray, or Dunn make it to 6!

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    It starts at 7 PM Central.
    7pm central? Isn't Rap vs Cle start at 7pm central?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    7pm central? Isn't Rap vs Cle start at 7pm central?

7:30 I believe
    Welcome to be here

Last edited by eballa1; 05-17-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Is it that or is it that no one else can offer him any more money, but he gets and extra year, doesn't have issues with the team, and winning. Those things are why free agents leave, I don't see any of those an issue for Miami. So give us the reason why he would leave and more importantly leave Miami for New Orleans?
    The way I understand it, Miami don't have his Bird Rights. Does this mean they can still offer him more money and an extra year but they will have to pay luxury tax? Or can they only offer the same money/years as everyone else?

For those talking about Fournier, I absolutely love him and have for a while now but he's a RFA and i think Orlando re-sign him no matter what. Nevertheless, this is my dream scenario for a while now but with small bits and pieces having been moved around.

With the 2nd pick draft Brandon Ingram
    Trade 39th and Reke for 26th pick
    With the 26th pick draft Patrick McCaw
    Draft Ben Bentil with 40th
    Cut Babbitt
    Sign Frazier 2 yrs/4 mil
    Sign Ennis 2 yrs/2 mil
    Sign Evan Fournier to a max

PG: Jrue/Frazier
    SG: Fournier/BDJ/McCaw
    SF: Ingram/Qpon/Ennis
    PF: AD/Cunningham/Bentil
    C: Asik/Ajincia

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    For those talking about Fournier, I absolutely love him and have for a while now but he's a RFA and i think Orlando re-sign him no matter what. Nevertheless, this is my dream scenario for a while now but with small bits and pieces having been moved around.

With the 2nd pick draft Brandon Ingram
    Trade 39th and Reke for 26th pick
    With the 26th pick draft Patrick McCaw
    Draft Ben Bentil with 40th
    Cut Babbitt
    Sign Frazier 2 yrs/4 mil
    Sign Ennis 2 yrs/2 mil
    Sign Evan Fournier to a max

PG: Jrue/Frazier
    SG: Fournier/BDJ/McCaw
    SF: Ingram/Qpon/Ennis
    PF: AD/Cunningham/Bentil
    C: Asik/Ajincia
    very true, we might not be able to get him, but Dell loves going after RFA's for some reason.

And that lineup is nice.

Sorry, but Fournier is not worth anything close to a max contract.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He's got elite size, an incredible jumper, can create for himself, and plays good defense.

I'd easily give him 15 mil a year, if not more.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gdf22 View Post
    The way I understand it, Miami don't have his Bird Rights. Does this mean they can still offer him more money and an extra year but they will have to pay luxury tax? Or can they only offer the same money/years as everyone else?
    They own his Bird Rights but not full bird rights, so basically they would have to use cap space to re-sign him. I'm not sure on the length difference though.

I thought it was an extra year but after looking into it, it doesn't appear to be. They can only offer him 4. So really the only advantage they would have contract wise would be money, the Heat can offer 7.5 percent annual raises while other teams are limited to 4.5 percent.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Let the ping pong balls fall where they may.

I won't trouble myself over any outcome.

But I will get mega hyped over a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    He's got elite size, an incredible jumper, can create for himself, and plays good defense.

I'd easily give him 15 mil a year, if not more.
    Elite size? How so?

There is a huge difference between $15 million and a max contract. I can see him getting $13-$16 million a year in this crazy cap year.

Elite size? How so?

There is a huge difference between $15 million and a max contract. I can see him getting $13-$16 million a year in this crazy cap year.
    I assume Guru considers Fornier a 2. So 6'7" is elite size for that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I assume Guru considers Fornier a 2. So 6'7" is elite size for that position.
    I think the word "elite" gets thrown around too freely sometimes.

Above average just doesn't have enough bite to it, I guess.

6'7", 6'8 wingspan, shoots 46% from the field, 40% from 3, 83% from the line, will be 24 in October(fits into the AD window), was healthy last season, has done nothing but improve every year, fits well with Gentry's system, if I'm not paying him a max, it's going to be pretty close. The reason I said max was because the Magic really want to re-sign him so I think it will take a lot to pry him away which I am willing to do. I understand people not wanting to pay him a max but if we can get him for $16-18 mil, you're crazy to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    OK? But if you can't give even just a couple good reasons why he would choose New Orleans over the 20 other teams that will throw a Max at him why are we even having this conversation? We have AD. That's about all I can think of and other teams have some stars as well.
    I could give tons of reasons but what do they mean? You will just throw another reason back why he won't go here over there. Ultimately it doesn't matter what your or I think. He's a FA and it's just as likely he leaves as it is him staying. Like I said it's not like it's been all sun shine since he has been there. It's about you saying Whiteside will not leave Miami. Now you're making it is aging 20 other teams when that was never what was said. I said it would be a great lineup and never once acted like we have a better chance then this or that team. You stated like its a fact he won't leave Miami when time and time again this theory has been proven wrong. They can't even offer him an extra year so find another argument to make. The amount of $ is very minimal and not something which will keep a player anywhere. The extra year sure but they can't offer that.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-17-2016 at 05:18 PM.

I'm gonna go against everyone else's predictions of a top two pick and predict we stay at 6.

But Jesus, I want a top two pick so bad.

How is 6'7 not considered elite size for the SG position? There are no SGs I know of who are 6'8 with a few that size who might play it at times but they are SFs. Fournier has elite size for a SG. He's a very similiar player to Klay Thompson size and skill set wise. If you don't think he's that good then fine but IMO he's a great fit here.

I agree. I get you guys are eager to get some potential talent , but Fournier is not a max player.

That doesn't even sound right lol.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    6'7", 6'8 wingspan, shoots 46% from the field, 40% from 3, 83% from the line, will be 24 in October(fits into the AD window), was healthy last season, has done nothing but improve every year, fits well with Gentry's system, if I'm not paying him a max, it's going to be pretty close. The reason I said max was because the Magic really want to re-sign him so I think it will take a lot to pry him away which I am willing to do. I understand people not wanting to pay him a max but if we can get him for $16-18 mil, you're crazy to say no.
    Yea IMO he's a perfect fit here at SG. As close as it gets to Klay Thompson with both being very similiar players size and skill set wise. Would love to see him here entering his prime. With Oladipo I could see Orlando possibly having to make a choice possibly letting Fournier go. Maybe a sign and trade sending a future pick which I would be very interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    How is 6'7 not considered elite size for the SG position? There are no SGs I know of who are 6'8 with a few that size who might play it at times but they are SFs. Fournier has elite size for a SG. He's a very similiar player to Klay Thompson size and skill set wise. If you don't think he's that good then fine but IMO he's a great fit here.
    Thats fair, 6'7 is elite size for a SG. But its nothing else about his skills that make him elite in anything that makes him a max contract. I'm sure if we all went on a Orlando forum right now they may think the same thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Thats fair, 6'7 is elite size for a SG. But its nothing else about his skills that make him elite in anything that makes him a max contract. I'm sure if we all went on a Orlando forum right now they may think the same thing lol
    Didn't say he was some elite player right now. He has potential to be one of the top SGs in the league and is trending towards that if we want to talk about his skill set. At the same age Fournier and Klay had near identical seasons with Fournier actually being better. In Gentrys system with more shots and minutes he can very easily be a 20+ ppg scorer while being a very good defender. You take names out of it and he is very close to a max player. Contracts are given not just for what the player has done but what they are projected to do during their contract as well. With Fournier still not entering the prime of his career he has some serious value.. Two way players like him with elite size still being very young and playing at the level he did this past season is worth the $ which is the reason he will command the $. NBA GMs aren't stupid and don't just throw out max $ for the hell of it to fill a spot. They know a little more then we do so if that's the $ he's commanding by multiple teams it's for a reason.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-17-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Everyone talking about Fournier and Whiteside, you're ruining our chance at a top two pick. If we don't win the lottery, I'm blaming y'all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Got a question.... Do they start the countdown of the 14 teams AT 7? Or will the countdown start a little later? I won't be home till 5 after 7.

Thread Information