Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P Luke Walton to coach Lakers

N/P Luke Walton to coach Lakers

Good call on their part. They are young, so why not have a coach who is also young? I wonder what they are paying him.

Kerr is forming his own little coaching tree.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-29-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I wonder if he'll go 40-4 in LA
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I wonder if he'll go 40-4 in LA
    lol.....

Basketball Guru
    well i guess if barnes decide to leave GS,, He will have a role in LA with luke...

Walton to Lakers = overreaction of the century

Walton to Lakers = overreaction of the century
    Lakers have plenty of money to spend on Durant&Lebron and if they wind up with Simmons they will probably be back to dominance.

Something to think about.
    Last edited by Champ; 04-30-2016 at 03:44 PM.

I don't know many things but I'm 99% sure LBJ ain't leaving CLE again

I don't know many things but I'm 99% sure LBJ ain't leaving CLE again
    Haha yeah. I mean he gets to be GM, head coach, and a player. Best gig ever for him.

I called this months ago. Great fit for Walton and the Lakers. If he can keep the draft pick this year that team will have some nice young talent he can work with. Plus they are and always will be a big FA destination. Having a players coach like Walton won't hurt in getting players to come there either. He has some nice rings as a player and assitant to show who he is recruiting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Haha yeah. I mean he gets to be GM, head coach, and a player. Best gig ever for him.
    He always was that even before he left for Miami. Anyway

http://en.yibada.com/articles/108232...ble-report.htm

According to Eric Yee of Sports Illustrated's Lake Show Life, the Lakers, expected to have an abundance of cap space for the offseason, will attempt to sign big names in the market, which could possibly be OKC Thunder's Durant and Cleveland Cavaliers' James.
    The idea of pairing the two in a team may sound more of a fantasy, but there is a very slight chance of it happening if all the deciding factors conspire at the right timing.
    James has a two-year $46.9 million contract with the Cavs, including a player option on the final term. The two-time NBA champion seems committed in giving Cleveland their first Larry O'Brien trophy, but James' decision to continue wearing the Wine and Gold may change if the Cavs fail to win an NBA title this season.
    On a side note, James seems to be a lock to opt out of his contract, with the league's new TV deal set to kick in next season. This means teams like the Lakers would have a shot at pursuing King James come free agency.
    Durant, on the other hand, is playing on the final year of his five-year $89 million deal with the Thunder and set to become an unrestricted free agent. The two-time scoring champion has been linked to several teams, including the Lakers, although Durant has been reportedly seeking to play for a team that could instantly win a championship.
    Eric Pincus of Basketball Insiders listed possible scenarios the Lakers could do to lure Durant in playing at Tinsel Town, which include trading LA's young core and firing head coach Byron Scott. But ultimately, Pincus noted that the Lakers are in the position to sign Durant and yet would still have room to get another star like James.
    Interestingly, Basketball Insiders also projected the Lakers as one of the three teams to pull off such rare feat as noted by Lake Show Life's report.
    "According to Basketball Insiders', "NBA's Best/Worst Case 2016-17 Cap Projections," based on their best case scenarios, the only teams currently capable of pulling off such a feat are the Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and perhaps the Philadelphia 76ers," Yee wrote.
    LBJ and KD have proven they can co-exist in a team when both played for Team USA. They could also serve as mentors to the Lakers youthful core, although the Lakers may really have to trade one or two of their young talents to acquire the services of James and Durant.
    The Lakers' current state may not be championship material, but if James and Durant bring their talents to LA, the Purple and Gold could instantly head back to their glorious days, winning back-to-back-to-back titles.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/108232...#ixzz47N0vEAJN
    The first part happened. Scott got fired.

I hope like hell Lebron leaves Cleveland
    I'm a grinder

I can see the Lakers trading picks and some of their young players to bring in Westbrook. If Durant leaves in FA then OKC will have to build for the future and realize Westbrook will soon leave also. He can basically force himself to s team like CP3 by not signing an extension with other teams. I always thought Westbrook was Lakers bound if OKC never won a championship and IMO that will soon happen. I could definitely see a scenario where Westbrook and KD team up in LA but even if KD goes somewhere else I think Westbrook will no doubt be a Laker. Very good possibility KD goes to the Rockets but we will see. Going to be an exciting FA this and next year for us as well as the direction of the NBA.

Lakers dont need to trade for Russ...
    They may have him in a year for free

So DeRozan this year and Russ next...
    Btw Jrue is also from California :/

If the Lakers can get Westbrook by trading for him I can promise you they will not wait a year. In a year it's still a risk getting him with teams like the Lakers and others when he's on the open market. If they trade for him it's a lot more likely he signs with them. I think Cousins and Westbrook will ultimately end up with the Lakers. IMO Derozan will be back with Toronto. They can give him too much $ and he will take it.

They may offer Clarkson, LouW, 2016 pick and something...
    Maybe...
    It all depends on OKC season and KD decision...

Yeah I agree. A Westbrook/Durant duo with the Lakers seems like it could happen. More likely than a Durant/Lebron duo in LA.

Could also make another swap for Harden to make Durant even more happier.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    They may offer Clarkson, LouW, 2016 pick and something...
    Maybe...
    It all depends on OKC season and KD decision...
    If the Thunder could get that haul from the Lakers they might be better off without Russ. Seriously, Clarkson is on the way up, and potentially landing a top 3 pick (if it falls out of the top 3 it goes to the 76ers), to go with Adams, you could have a halfway decent Big 3 if the pick turns into Simmons or Ingram.

You guys are forgetting that the Lakers can grab the top pick which they can trade for someone. Their owner is on the hot seat so I can see this happening this year to convince KD to come to LA.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information