Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kent Bazemore

Kent Bazemore

Brandon Jennings ‎@thinkiminthe90s
    Aye Bazemore make sure you ask for 12.5/13mill a year this summer. He's been hoopin'
    8:21 PM - 28 Apr 2016
    96 96 Retweets 187 187 likes

Andre Drummond ✔ ‎@AndreDrummondd
    Bazemore better ask for that money this summer.... #NBAPlayoffs
    12:25 AM - 29 Apr 2016
    191 191 Retweets 449 449 likes

If Baze gets 10m my goodness
    SIGN A SF

I would pay Bazemore that money in a New York second.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would pay Bazemore that money in a New York second.
    Agreed @paying him 10mil. Scaling that it's like 7 mil under are current cap. He differently earned that with his play.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Same way Carroll earned his last year,
    in that same role in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Agreed @paying him 10mil. Scaling that it's like 7 mil under are current cap. He differently earned that with his play.
    He is a swing, so that works to our advantage, but he is more a sg than a sf so we still need a bigger guy to guard the PG13 KD types.

I would be shocked if some GM doesn't go crazy and throw like 16/yr at him. There are so many players of comparable talent in the pool and there are mountains of money to be spent. The contracts are going to be ridiculous. Just be prepared.

With the new cap, 12 mil is probably his salary floor. That said, I'd love him here

Personally I would rather pay him 15m than Barnes 16-20
    Last edited by pawel; 04-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.

We should throw whatever he wants at him so that when he gets here, his middle of the road talent will show and hopefully put an end to Demps' reign as GM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Now Bazemore worth 12m+? Just because he play decent D?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I'd feel better about throwing cash around after we've seen what this AD/Jrue core can do surrounded by healthy role players. What if we win 45+ again? Pretty sure you'd want to go big game hunting at that point. You can't do that if you are trying to pay the Kent Bazemores and Harrison Barnes of the world. Let's just hope whoever we get in the draft is a home run and Ryno doesn't ask for the whole bank.

Bazemore will get more then $10 mil and no he's not worth it. I love Bazemore but he offers us nothing we can't get from BDJ. We have a few players who can be every bit as good as Bazemore if not better.

Lol people would rather pay him a few million less than Barnes. What did you see him hit a few 3s in a row the other night and Barnes have a bad series? Again makes total sense!

Bazemore has had his 1st good season in his career and people want to throw that much $ at him? He's 27 and broke 5 ppg for the first time.. Yea no thanks. For a good price sure but not what a desperate team will pay. BDJ did everything Baze did and more in his rookie year.

Comparing what BDJ and Baz did in their rookie years will be hard due to the small sample size from BDJ, and how few minuets Baz played, but compare if you wish.

Kent- http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bazemke01.html
    BDJ- http://www.basketball-reference.com/...dejeabr01.html

I think what others are going off of (at least what I am) is that he never had much of a chance in GS to get any real min. at sg, but when he got to ATL., and he was given playing time, he produced. His second year getting serious playing time he upped his game, and improved across the board. Even if Baz stays where he is without growing any more, thats good for a 4th best player, and if you are dishing out $10-$12M, your dishing it out to your 4th best player. You can still go after Barnes if you want, because $12M (as Ogden put it in another thread) is 13%, and 13% for your 4th best player is a steal.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 04-29-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Not comparing why Baze and BDJ in their rookie years. I'm comparing what Baze did this year and it want much more than Why BDJ did who was a rookie. Baze is not worth that $ when we have BDJ and Ennis who have shown they can be every bit as good if not better than Baze while being younger and much much cheaper. I have been a Baze fan all season before many hopped on his band wagon. He's nothing special and we need to find our own Baze which we definitely can instead of going and paying $12+ million. If we sign Baze to that then no we can't go get Barnes or anyone else worth anything that we really need.

Baze will get 16 mil

1-6

Anybody who would rather Baze over Barnes over a few million is crazy.

I just saw our list of contracts for 16-17, I guess we really can't afford him and Batuum or Barnes. Man, we will have money to work with, but not enough to get us where we need to be unless we can move Reke, and Asik. Those guys are like an appendix, sure we have them, but we don't need them.

Still, wish we could get Baz here. He would be a good get as a 4th option.

Uno in one place wrote the best piece on Barnes. He is good 4th option. And he might not succeed as a max player 2-3 option here.
    Nobody is questioning him as a player but his $$$.
    Baze since arriving from GSW is playing better every year. Now is his first starter year.
    He is risky as many of basketball players. I agree.

But I would rather risk on him as 4th option for 12-16 than for Barnes with 20.
    That is because I dont wanna give all our $$$ to one guy who is not a star...

Everybody will be overpaid now.
    Baze should receive 10. Will get more. IMO he is worth 4 year 50 millions...
    I will pay it directly...
    Heck. Solomon Hill will get 8.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Anybody who would rather Baze over Barnes over a few million is crazy.
    GA - lets say we will get Dunn (Hield is gone). And sign Barnes to the Max offer sheet.
    How you will fill the roster?

I don't think Barnes will get max. If we draft Dunn then I would try to move Jrue for someone Like Kris Middleton and sign Barnes. Everybody is just speculating on Barnes. I know one thing if Barnes is good enough to be GS 4th option then he is good enough to be our 4th option but I see him more as 3a/3b. Everyone is putting too much into this 2nd and 3rd option stuff. We need good players to create a very good lineup similiar to how the Mavs won years ago. If we can sign Barnes this year we can also sign someone next year if we can move Asiks contract plus we have a high lottery pick. Barnes fits exactly what we need on the wing and is someone we could definitely use. I pay him $5 million more then Bazemore all day no question about it. Bazemore has hd 1 good season and if he was that good he would have done something in GS for two years and even something last year in Atlanta. A lot of people wanted Carroll and IMO Barnes is every bit as good and can be much better but is 8 years younger. There are other players I would love to get like Batum but it's likely we don't. Whiteside and Barnes are two players IMO we have a realistic shot at and those are two guys who make our team much better.

I can see our roster matching GS just with different players at different positions. AD/Curry, Jrue/Draymond, 1st pick/Klay, Barnes/Barnes. Sure they are better but what they did was improve and developed just like we can do here. I just think Barnes right now would be very good for us and he has the potential to take some big steps especially given more touches to improve his game getting that experience. We need to create a team like the Mavs putting a bunch of good to very good players around our super star in AD like they did with Dirk. When you look at the NBA champions over the years they have all done it in their own ways just like we can.

I am 100 % certain that barnes will get max. .

Only way to get barnes - whiteside combo is to clear around 15m in Space ( Asik, Evans, Ajinca).
    But you will have only room for minimum guys (f.e.. to sign Frazier you will have to use cap).

I prefer Dudley-TJones types to max offers. But evyrthing will determine draft...

Btw. Lets say NOP selects Brown. Will you go after Barnes then? Whiteside?

So if you are 100% certain Barnes will get mad how are we all the sudden to good for him? Makes no sense that people think GS will pay him max yet we would be fools. Or the Lakers and Blazers will pay him max yet we will be fools. This type of logic is something I will just have to get use to. Somehow are biggest position of need for the past decade has someone we can sign but we are too good for him just not the best team in the NBA or anyone else with $.

If we select Brown I would look to sign Fournier since Brown can play SF. I would sign Barnes and put Brown at SG as well. I would also like to get Whiteside. Quite a few players I would add to go along with Brown. Unless we land one of the top SFs in the draft then yes I want to get Barnes. There are a few players I would rather have over Barnes like Whiteside and possibly Batum but we might not get them so Barnes is on my list also as well as Fournier. I wouldn't pay BDJ close to what he will get because we have someone who was shown to be every bit as good in BDJ as a rookie for much cheaper.

Edit - sign one of Fournier, Barnes, Batum, or Whiteside not all of that isn't clear.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-30-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Thread Information