Pelicans Report

Thread: Someone needs to show this to the Pelicans entertainment person

Pelicans Someone needs to show this to the Pelicans entertainment person

Anyone else sick of clap, clap your hands, Daaaaaaaooooooooooo, Stupid sound effects from the Shinn era, Old people dancing?

This is entertainment during a timeout!

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/gr...abl-1772612208
    Last edited by Champ; 04-22-2016 at 11:25 PM.

You have no idea. Sometimes I'm legitly embarrassed we play that ****. I get nervous players from other teams will hear it and not want to sign here with circus music lol. I wish we really played nothing but some stuff to get the ground louder would be fine.

Another thing I wish we did was light the court up like the Lakers. Always thought it would be awesome with the crowd dark and the court bright. I also think fans would go a little crazier since people can't see you making a fool of yourself by being spot lighted. It looks awesome and IMO has no downside to it and I'm sure most fans would like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You have no idea. Sometimes I'm legitly embarrassed we play that ****. I get nervous players from other teams will hear it and not want to sign here with circus music lol. I wish we really played nothing but some stuff to get the ground louder would be fine.

Another thing I wish we did was light the court up like the Lakers. Always thought it would be awesome with the crowd dark and the court bright. I also think fans would go a little crazier since people can't see you making a fool of yourself by being spot lighted. It looks awesome and IMO has no downside to it and I'm sure most fans would like it.
    Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Like this?

Yes exactly! That is bad*** and would make this stadium so crazy IMO. I know I would get a little more rowdy with a few beers in me and nobody with a bright as day view haha.

Banned
    Yes exactly! That is bad*** and would make this stadium so crazy IMO. I know I would get a little more rowdy with a few beers in me and nobody with a bright as day view haha.
    It is bad ******, but the Wildcats don't even do it anymore

Maybe it's to do with OHS or some bs.

There is a survey where fans can voice there concerns about improvements to the stadium experience. We should all participate. If I hear Gwen Stafani or Ludacris one more damn time I'm gonna bite off my damn pinky.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Artist    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Like this?

The sad fact is that's how the league will look in a few years once the ad's slowly creep in and expand.

This sums up alot

Bill Burr is a genius
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    This sums up alot

Bill Burr is a genius
    That was pretty good.

Yea what Bill Burr said is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I think any big basketball fan who was been to games will think it is hilarious as well.

I don't know, I am getting the Thunders In-Arena feed for Game 5 - meaning I don't get commercials and watch what they are playing and dancing during breaks. Pretty lame. Some of the same music too. Identical music to be exact. Even a guy with a microphone yelling. Lots of yelling - I could do without that in the SKC.

Didn't we use to light the court up - I remember back in our great playoff run against the Mavs and Spurs, it set up like that, but could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    I don't know, I am getting the Thunders In-Arena feed for Game 5 - meaning I don't get commercials and watch what they are playing and dancing during breaks. Pretty lame. Some of the same music too. Identical music to be exact. Even a guy with a microphone yelling. Lots of yelling - I could do without that in the SKC.

Didn't we use to light the court up - I remember back in our great playoff run against the Mavs and Spurs, it set up like that, but could be wrong.
    Yea some of the NBA music is ridiculous. Go listen to the Bill Burr clip that was posted. It is hilarious and breaks down exactly what you are thinking. Kind of long but definitely worth every minute. I don't remember them ever doing the court that way here for those games. I sat courtside for the Spurs playoff games so maybe they did and I didn't notice because I was by the court but I don't remember anywhere in the stadium being dimmed like this. I really think that would be awesome if they would make that change with it feeling like you are at a show. Since I'm a season ticket holder with a lot of tickets I usually get invited to all kinds of stuff. One thing is these meetings with Dell/Loomis and others to give opinions on whatever I would like to see changed. I only get invited for having certain tickets and I never go so I don't know exactly what it is but I'm definitely going to bring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post

I believe Shinn donated them a similar sound machine.

Thread Information