Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Advocate reports Demps is returning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I will pay for Mayflower or Two Guys and a Truck.
    You may have to wait pending how many years is on this contract. Doubt Benson gave him a one year deal. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Brees had been declining the previous 2 years. For as much as the league trys to shove the QB position down football fans throat if the rest of the team is bad that team isn't going anywhere. The defense might have been one of the worse at the time. We could have still got a King's randsom for Brees which could have gone a long way to speed the rebuild. Part of that could have been finding the QB replacement. We kept Brees and what happened. We missed the playoffs two consecutive seasons.
    Sorry , Drew has been in the top 5 in QB rating since SP came back . In fact he was higher last yr than the yr before. EVERY team in the league is searching for the elite franchise QB , This yrs draft proves it more so . Teams are trading away their future for a shot at Wenz or Goff and they are far from can't miss. When you have that you ride it as far as it goes. And don't say his arm is gone cause that's just BUNK , He threw 60 yrd in the air bombs THIS PAST YR

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    OFCOURSE. The glorious eye test!

Let us ignore how Brees put up one of his best statical years ever last year because your eyes say otherwise.
    First read what I wrote. I said he regressed the two years prior to the year I thought we should have traded him. Brees definitely looked better this past season. The 3 season before he looked like he didn't have many more years of high level football.

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Sorry , Drew has been in the top 5 in QB rating since SP came back . In fact he was higher last yr than the yr before. EVERY team in the league is searching for the elite franchise QB , This yrs draft proves it more so . Teams are trading away their future for a shot at Wenz or Goff and they are far from can't miss. When you have that you ride it as far as it goes. And don't say his arm is gone cause that's just BUNK , He threw 60 yrd in the air bombs THIS PAST YR
    And that lead to how many playoff appearances the last two years? That's right zero, and before people decide to assume things it wasn't Drew fault. But that's my point this team was so obviously depleted of talent even with top 5-7 QB we still were a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you guys listened to the last BSS podcast with Jake, he told you all whats up. The Pels are too far down this road and are not gonna change course now. They aren't drafting a 2-3 year project and waiting. They are thinking about 2016-17 and that alone. They will try to make the playoffs.

I no longer write for BSS and I am no longer even close to being a "fan" of this team. I will admit, they have a small chance to avoid what seems like the very, very, very likely outcome of mediocrity followed by AD leaving in a few years - and that's only if they get a top 2 pick in this lottery. So, if I were a life coach, I would advise being a fan until May 17th, but if they don't land top 2, jump ship and use your time more wisely. I know my life has been far better once I saw what was going on and jumped ship.
    The team isn't that far away. IMO, it all comes down to sunk cost. That is Holiday. Jrue is a good but right for Gentry's system. He is too ball dominant. That stat with Holiday and Davis is misleading. Gentry's scheme is PG driven. People should listen to Kenny Smith's interview on the Black and Blue report. It's enlightenment.
    Dunn or Jacksom would make a ton of difference next year. Larry Sanders should be the second step. The team with tweaks such as Holiday trade to the Jazz would be a big step for being playoff relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jesus Christ.

So much pessimistic fervor that's construed as absolute truth because negative is easier. And it's carrying over to the Saints too? Don't even know what our immediate future holds.

I think I know what a suicide hotline worker is going through only with less serious stakes. And also, I don't care to try and help anyone not think such depressing thoughts.

Anywhos. Time to wait patiently and not to complain the whole way through.
    Yea I agree! I give up and will just let the negative people stay miserable. I'm happy and excited going for what ahead. Demps is back baby!!

And that lead to how many playoff appearances the last two years? That's right zero, and before people decide to assume things it wasn't Drew fault. But that's my point this team was so obviously depleted of talent even with top 5-7 QB we still were a bad team.
    If you put no playoffs for 2 yrs solely on Drew's back then brother I can't help you . If you throw in bad D for the last 2 yrs. Bad contracts given to immature players ( Jr. Gallette) , below par drafts , Injuries and FA signings not living up to it , I might see your way . But anyway , before someone says this is a Pels forum I will shut up

Brees had been declining the previous 2 years. For as much as the league trys to shove the QB position down football fans throat if the rest of the team is bad that team isn't going anywhere. The defense might have been one of the worse at the time. We could have still got a King's randsom for Brees which could have gone a long way to speed the rebuild. Part of that could have been finding the QB replacement. We kept Brees and what happened. We missed the playoffs two consecutive seasons.
    You obviously have no idea how football works. How many teams trade an elite QB? We have a top 5 offense every year so let's get rid of the guy who leads it for some picks. You do what it takes to win now with him and we are doing that. If any fit can't see the Saints are in a great position to be very serious SB contenders for the 17' season I'm sorry but you know little about football. With a good draft this year and some hits with the $70 million in cap space for next season and we can easily be one of the top teams in the NFL.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 04-23-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I agree! I give up and will just let the negative people stay miserable. I'm happy and excited going for what ahead. Demps is back baby!!
    Why does it have to be like the direction and be happy or dislike the direction and be miserable? I been probably the large critic of the team for awhile and I'm cool. Losing frustrates me some, but again my negativity about ownership/management has no barrings on W's or L's.

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    If you put no playoffs for 2 yrs solely on Drew's back then brother I can't help you . If you throw in bad D for the last 2 yrs. Bad contracts given to immature players ( Jr. Gallette) , below par drafts , Injuries and FA signings not living up to it , I might see your way . But anyway , before someone says this is a Pels forum I will shut up
    Did you even read my post? I laterally answered your question.

Please do give up, better yet just hide my posts because I will continue to voice my opinion about anything Pels related. If I'm not mistaken, I posted a "postive" article trying to turn a bad situation like AD injury to a potential blessing in disguise, and you were the one in the thread that came off negative.

I'll look forward to our future disagreements but if you can't handle my "miserable posts" then simply hide my posts.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

You obviously have no idea how football works. How many teams trade an elite QB? We have a top 5 offense so let's get rid of the guy who leads it for some picks. You do what it takes to win now with him and we are doing that. If any fit can't see the Saints are in a great position to be very serious SB contenders for the 17' season I'm sorry but you know little about football. With a good draft this year and some hits with the $70 million in cap space for next season and we can easily be one of the top teams in the NFL.
    I don't know how football works yet we miss the playoffs two straight years and we weren't even close last year. Worse we weren't bad enough to get a top pick. If keeping Brees was so important don't you think the record would have reflected his greatness? Who has the Saints in the playoffs next year? But I don't know how the sport works.

The overall majority reaction by Pels fans being against Demps coming back and the voicing of our concern for the state of the franchise can be a great thing. The organization is witnessing the displeasure of comments on social media, radio, etc. 70 % of people are against it, so hopefully Dell Demps and management can straighten up. The believed thought is that Dell will trade our pick, and many are against that. Hopefully Dell sees the displeasure of the young vet route that fans are frustrated by.

The lottery will be very telling. Hoping for the best!!

Misery loves company

Why does it have to be like the direction and be happy or dislike the direction and be miserable? I been probably the large critic of the team for awhile and I'm cool. Losing frustrates me some, but again my negativity about ownership/management has no barrings on W's or L's.
    just let it go man, just ignore his posts. Lol

I get that you are in the pro-Demps camp. However, many of your posts come off as taunting and trying to get a reaction.

As I have said, I think he has been given enough time and has not shown enough. For the sake of the team, if he stays I hope he does well and starts to show some progress in building a successful team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What does pessimism or optimism have to do with fanhood? This is what I don't understand and been one of my main point of contention since I joined this board. Why must I agree with the direction of the team to be a fan?
    The glass has a measurable amount of water in it. That is not opinion. It's observable. So it's a fact.

I don't agree with the direction of the team either. Frankly, I think it's from the top and Demps is doing the best he can with the cards he's dealt. But I recognize a few things in our favor.

Still have Anthony Davis. Gentry's system works when the players buy in. And I saw some great ball movement and great basketball, at times. We are in a position to strengthen the core of our team.

Whether you think we are doomed or not is a matter of pessimism or optimism. Too many variables to assume it can't possibly work out. I mean, doesn't take an optimist to feel our stroke with injuries is an extreme. Like winning the anti-Powerball of sorts. I mean, what could we have possibly been not doing or doing wrong with regards to the training staff, exactly? People blame them, but I don't see how these things are preventable. No one has explained it. Probably because there isn't anything to explain rotten luck away. But, if someone does know, please PM me. I've got DocuSign. I'll sign a non-disclosure agreement.

I wouldn't tell a soul.

I don't know how football works
    That explains it.

I don't know how football works yet we miss the playoffs two straight years and we weren't even close last year. Worse we weren't bad enough to get a top pick. If keeping Brees was so important don't you think the record would have reflected his greatness? Who has the Saints in the playoffs next year? But I don't know how the sport works.
    I give it to you brother , you confess that you are not that informed in the inner working of football . I myself am not that knowledgeable on B ball or the NBA . That's why i come here . I am gaining knowledge everyday with the help of some good folks on here , if I can wade through the crap

I agree! These negative people probably watch First Take, and Mike & Mike all day.

As long as he draft Buddy Hield, does it really matter?

I think most people here need to ask themselves why they even watch the NBA and what they hope to achieve in doing so. Each individual probably finds joy in different components of the organisation, and so are naturally going to disagree when discussing the inner workings behind each decision. Unless you own this team, you realistically have very little influence on what will occur. The sooner you are comfortable with this idea, the easier it may be to deal with the decisions the organization make. And more importantly, the easier it may be to deal with people and their differing opinions. Whether it be someone who bought a jersey, a season ticket holder, blogger, espn writer, your opinion really means very little in the scheme of things. You can agree or disagree with what is done, criticise sure, but we are all human and things aren't going to go right a lot of the time. Arguing here about each persons opinion is fine, but no one person should be putting theirs above anyone elses. Lose the self importance, and perhaps review your own view point. If your opinion and arguments are not convincing, lets not blame the audience.

What does pessimism or optimism have to do with fanhood? This is what I don't understand and been one of my main point of contention since I joined this board. Why must I agree with the direction of the team to be a fan?
    You don't have to agree with the direction but you have always been pessimistic on all accounts from day one. It would make someone on the outside looking in question whether you are a fan or a troll. I have been pissed about some moves but elated by others. You have been happy with not one move that I know of.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    You don't have to agree with the direction but you have always been pessimistic on all accounts from day one. It would make someone on the outside looking in question whether you are a fan or a troll. I have been pissed about some moves but elated by others. You have been happy with not one move that I know of.
    To be fair DaThrone came around on AD, his statements on the Saints are not that far fetched. I've personally encountered die hard Saints fans who said we should build for the future and if losing Drew is the way, then they are prepared.

I agrees about different opinions. One thing I always respected about DaThrone is his sense of composure during AD early days and the whole Drummond thing. Dude was getting slander thrown his way and I can't not recall him ever calling anyone idiots or whiners or etc. He made a bold statement, and provided elegant details on why his opinion was stated.

I'm personally not affected by anything my way on here. We all are fighting for the same thing, which is wanting and hoping the best for this team. The MAIN opinion about the Pels outside of this message board is waaaaaay worse then what the pessimistic opinions are stated here. I will continue to support this team through thick and thin. I probably visit this site daily more then anyone so I'm pretty sure that's some aspect of loyalty. But in the end, I truly truly enjoy different opinions and reasoning, I just don't enjoy the taunting and extra stuff.

We are all fans of this franchise, let's not forget the bigger picture .

Thread Information