Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Oh and where are those people who guaranteed Barnes will not leave the Warriors? Don't worry I remember who you are haha.
    Still here, and I still think there's no way in hell he's going anywhere. I was just saying that we shouldn't even consider Barnes if he doesn't show something now, when he is on the biggest stage and is being asked to contribute like he hasn't had to before. Potential is all well any good, but if you don't cash in on it when you have the chance, you end up somebody like Ben Mclemore. That being said I still 100% believe that he will be in a Warrior's uniform next summer.
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

The contract that GSW offered Barnes is looking like an overpay. I hope for his sake, teams pay him on potential and not his postseason production
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    The contract that GSW offered Barnes is looking like an overpay. I hope for his sake, teams pay him on potential and not his postseason production
    Anyone that has to pay Barnes will regret it. He's in the perfect situation. He doesn't have to do anything. Igoudala guards the best wing. Draymond takes the best forward. He doesn't have to create. Ever. He's the 4th option on the starting 5 and never goes higher than 3 even when the bench mob is the game. There are two teams that could come close to re-creating his cushy situation. If I'm San Antonio I might kick the tires, if I'm Portland I might do it too. But I'd be wary if I were any other team.

I'm happy J-Lin is shining in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I'm happy J-Lin is shining in the playoffs.
    Sarcasm?
    Did you see game 6?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sarcasm?
    Did you see game 6?
    you mean game 6 thats still going on? yea its not a good game for him but he averaging 17ppg this series

What's up with River's face?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    What's up with River's face?
    he took a forearm to the face...

I just turned it on.I see Rivers got in a bar room fight before the game? Made Blake mad?

I cant look at Lillard without picturing him with a baby body

Just remember Portland was picked to be a lottery team at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Just remember Portland was picked to be a lottery team at the beginning of the season.
    Yea and we can be every bit as good as Portland if not better next year. I'm willing to bet anybody we are a playoff team and I will even bet we are a better team then Portland.

Have so much respect for Austin. Dude takes alot of flack, and is ********ing warrior. I'll never root for that kid downfall. Great sign of toughness last night.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Banned
    Not sure how he was defensively, but Rivers looked great on the other end.

I really hope this guys succeeds. He always seemed like he put in the work?

I really hoped he would have stayed in college a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    And we were picked to be a playoff team. Oh how the winds of fortune blow.

They are playing like a team, and they are just as young as we are (believe it or not).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hats off to Austin Rivers, really happy for him. dude just took a big step as far as proving himself in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Hats off to Austin Rivers, really happy for him. dude just took a big step as far as proving himself in the NBA.
    Guess Clips don't need CP3 anymore. I would gladly welcome him(CP3) back in the Gentry system.

Always said we should have kept Rivers. I believe in developing players and Ricers right now is still young to keep steadily improving. People are so infatuated with Bazemore who Rivers still has about 4 years to develop and reach Bazemores age. The problem people have here is they compare Rivers to Lillard/Drummond and that's not how it should be. He could still be very solid combo guard for us off the bench. Glad he is in a good situation and will always root for the kid but would have liked to have kept him. He did out play Lillard the other night which was pretty impressive. If it wasn't for him missing so many 3s he would have had an amazing game.

Everyone needs to tweet Kevin Durant

This is needs to be a city-wide effort guys. I still believe in #KDandAD2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post

I would die. And if we got Heild in the draft too....

Rivers is the same guy he was when he was here. The infatuation people are having with him is similar to the Bazemore infatuation. Absence has made the heart grow fonder, but don't get it twisted put CP3 back in the lineup and Rivers is still just on the roster because he is Doc's son, not because he is reaching his potential. His potential coming out of Duke was much, much, much higher than where he has been so far. The game he had yesterday was supposed to be a norm for him by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post

Haha I wish! We really would be a great fit for Durant. I just don't see him coming here over teams like Houston, Wizards, or maybe getting some of that big market itch. AD might be the best compliment for KD in the NBA and allow him to have the ball playing point forward creating more. Jrue would also be a perfect PG who can create for him while not being ball dominant like Westbrook and others. I will say this.. There is a chance!

D-Wade pulled out the daggers in Game 6 to send it back to Miami. I hope the old man still has enough magic left to finish the job tomorrow. GO HEAT!
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

The Spurs are the 1% of the NBA. Everyone wants to be in that class, but the reason the Spurs are there and aren't leaving is because they pass on their inheritance to their posterity. The old Big 3 of Duncan, Manu, and TP is on its way out, enter Leonard, Aldridge, and who knows who they will get to replace Parker (not like they have to do it any time soon). If Pops doesn't retire, they are going to be on top until we get AD a real 2nd Banana, or after AD leaves New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha I wish! We really would be a great fit for Durant. I just don't see him coming here over teams like Houston, Wizards, or maybe getting some of that big market itch. AD might be the best compliment for KD in the NBA and allow him to have the ball playing point forward creating more. Jrue would also be a perfect PG who can create for him while not being ball dominant like Westbrook and others. I will say this.. There is a chance!
    One thing we have going for us is that I think AD is the only superstar that would willingly step aside and let Durant be the #1 option

Thread Information