Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I totally get what you're saying. Just because a gunshot wound is bad for Jordan doesn't mean it's bad for Curry. Lol That is terrible logic. Bad is bad. Good is good
    What about Micheal Jackson's Bad? That Bad is good right?

I mean even if you're not a fan you gotta admit Bad aint bad.

I totally get what you're saying. Just because a gunshot wound is bad for Jordan doesn't mean it's bad for Curry. Lol That is terrible logic. Bad is bad. Good is good
    This is such an awful example and (I hope) you know that. No one can be that obtuse

Honestly, this all goes by easier when you stop fighting against common sense and you understand that you can't be right all the time.

Just take the L and move on
    Last edited by Sovereign; 05-31-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    What about Micheal Jackson's Bad? That Bad is good right?

I mean even if you're not a fan you gotta admit Bad aint bad.
    Touché. You got me lol. No rebuttal
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    This is such an awful example and (I hope) you know that. No one can be that obtuse

Honestly, this all goes by easier when you stop fighting against common sense and you understand that you can't be right all the time.

Just take the L and move on
    Ok. You got it. You're right. I'm wrong. Happy now?

I submit to the will of the forum. Bad shots aren't bad shots as long as Steph and Klay take them. Convo over

Didn't watch the last game. But I saw Durant doing his Curry impression in game six and it sure looked like he was taking bad shots.

The Franchise
    Great player get criticized for passing the ball and the teammate missing the shot, then they get criticized for taking too many shots. They can't win unless they win. My thinking is its a bad shot unless it goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Great player get criticized for passing the ball and the teammate missing the shot, then they get criticized for taking too many shots. They can't win unless they win. My thinking is its a bad shot unless it goes in.
    I don't agree with this logic but it definitely the prevalent thinking in today's game

I don't hate the Warriors. That's an assumption you made. A wrong one like a lot of the stuff you post. I appreciate good basketball. Yes, those shots are terrible. When they weren't going in and they were on the brink, you were suspiciously quiet. You or nobody on this forum will never convince me that a fall away 3 falling out of bounds from 40ft is a good shot because they go in. These guys are bad shot makers. You must be about 15 years old with these childish arguments that you like to have with people who don't follow your train of thought. Unlike you, I just comment on what I see with no personal feeling involved. I don't care about any of these dudes or their legacies. I'm not a Curry fan nor am I an LBJ fan but as a fan of the game, I call it as I see it. As I said before, if you were coaching a team and one of your players took some of the shots that GSW takes, you'd sit them on the bench. If you had a son that had a coach that taught those shots, you'd probably put your kid on a different team.
    Lol it takes reading through this forum the realize how much you hate the Warriors. Literally every post you made was something negative about them and positive about everyone else. Saying people will be crying in their oatmeal lol. I never once was quiet about them when they were losing. I was the lone one who said they us a very good chance on winning 3 in a row and that's for a reason. Because they are the best team in the NBA with the best player. They hit a little slump against a great team so what? Nobody will convince you that shots being consistently made for 2 years straight aren't bad ones? Lol ok so that just proves you are stuck in your beliefs and will never adapt to anything. The NBA evolves all the time and has shown that throughout the history of basketball. So keep saying they have a terrible system and all of this whack arguments while they win championships lol. Your excuse will then be but but it's because their bench wins all of their games lol.

So as a coach, you'd teach those shots to your team? Would you tell them to practice those shots so that they can shoot them in the game? I really can't believe that people think that contested 30+ jumpers are good shots or 3 on 1 fast break 30+ jumpers are a good idea. Do they make them? Yes, Are they good shots? No
    Lol these coaches do have them taking those shots. The coach that has them taking those shots just won a championship and had the single best season ever. You literally know nothing and sound foolish. What coaching have you done? You're going to act like Kerr is some idiot yet you are a genius and the NBA should be run your way. Lol!!!

Eddie Johnson, former NBA shooting guard, just said on NBA radio, that if Klay and Steph took the shots that they take, he would have benched them because they are bad shots. He also goes on to say that it is uncanny how they make these shots that they take and gives them props for having the guts to take them. I am not the only one who thinks those are bad shots. He just called them circus shots lol. Just because they go in, doesn't mean that they are advisable or "good" shots.
    Lol because you a few former NBA players say similiar things to you mean what? Explain to me if they play such a terrible style of basketball taking nothing but bad shots then how did they just win a championship followed by a 73 win season? A whopping 10% of the population agrees with you! Bravo!!

For the sake of argument, I think Uptownfuz has moved on from the bad shot topic, and so should we.

Delly vs Draymond, who is dirtier?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    For the sake of argument, I think Uptownfuz has moved on from the bad shot topic, and so should we.

Delly vs Draymond, who is dirtier?
    thx bro!!!

The answer is definitely Draymond. He'd better be careful. One more flagrant and he's out

Is Draymond the dirtiest allstar we've ever seen? This guy is end of the bench dirty.

Warriors bench > Clevelands starters?

Seriously, this has the making of some crazy all time great finals series.

Who has Barnes been guarding?

Warriors bench > Clevelands starters?

Seriously, this has the making of some crazy all time great finals series.
    The same thing is going to happen.
    If the Cav's play their big 3 large minutes 38+ they will suffer towards the end like OKC did when they were forced to play big minutes throughout the series against GSW.

NBA Playoffs thread

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Delly. Max contract players both.

Barnes was wide open at the 3 (on that last shot), and they looked him off to pass to Thompson who had two guys on him. Lol
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-02-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Delly. Max contract players both.

Barnes was wide open at the 3 (on that last shot), and they looked him off to pass to Thompson who had two guys on him. Lol
    Thanks.

Since we're probably going to sign him, it's nice to see Barnes hitting his shots and contributing

Basketball Guru

i dont like barnes but dude is having a good game.....lebron abused him a couple of times in the paint on offense but barnes is having an ok game so far imo...

Basketball Guru
    The same thing is going to happen.
    If the Cav's play their big 3 large minutes 38+ they will suffer towards the end like OKC did when they were forced to play big minutes throughout the series against GSW.

yeah,,GS bench and role players are holding them so far......klay and curry have not go off yet and that is scary about GS....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    yeah,,GS bench and role players are holding them so far......klay and curry have not go off yet and that is scary about GS....
    Isn't that the norm though. Klay and Steph go off plenty, but more often than not, it's Green and that bench who keep things going while those guys find their rhythm.

Basketball Guru
    Isn't that the norm though. Klay and Steph go off plenty, but more often than not, it's Green and that bench who keep things going while those guys find their rhythm.

if we can get the depth and production like GS bench gives,,, ill be happy with jrue, qpon,,,reke,,,AD,,,omer,,,as our starting line up...lol..

Basketball Guru
    klay has 3 fouls and love post him up and went right at klay to try and force a 4th foul......green had 5 fouls in game 6 and okc didnt try to foul him out and dumb play like that is why okc is at home...

Thread Information