Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I love Dunn but for this team we have to go Ingram at #2. We need a wing so badly it's not funny. Say we can't land a good FA and draft is our only option we have two very capable SGs with BDJ/QPon. This team has been looking for a wing the past decade plus.
    I agree with you about our desperate need for a SF. It's definitely the biggest need on the team, has been for a long time. Ingram has the potential to be an all-star caliber SF, so I would love to add him to this team. With that being said, we need a vocal leader on this team. We need someone who consistently plays with passion and intensity and Dunn is that kind of player. Ingram seems more reserved and laid back, kinda like AD. They can get fired up during certain moments and games, but we need someone to bring that consistently. Maybe we could take Ingram and AD will grow into that role. He's still extremely young, so I could see AD becoming that guy in a year or two. I think both have all-star potential, but I like Dunn's personality a little bit more. I still might take Ingram over Dunn, but right now it's a toss up for me. Ben Simmons is the prize of this draft, but if we landed the number 2 pick, I'd be equally excited about either Dunn or Ingram.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    In other news, how Johnny Jones still has a job is beyond me. Granted, I haven't been able to watch as many games as I'd like, but oi friggin' vey. They might play themselves out of an NIT bid.
    Sad to say, but they're more inconsistent than either NO team. Stomp Kentucky and should've beaten OU, then lose to Bama and get crushed by Arkansas. Really can't figure this LSU team out. If we lose one more game, I think we can kiss the tourney bid goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I agree with you about our desperate need for a SF. It's definitely the biggest need on the team, has been for a long time. Ingram has the potential to be an all-star caliber SF, so I would love to add him to this team. With that being said, we need a vocal leader on this team. We need someone who consistently plays with passion and intensity and Dunn is that kind of player. Ingram seems more reserved and laid back, kinda like AD. They can get fired up during certain moments and games, but we need someone to bring that consistently. Maybe we could take Ingram and AD will grow into that role. He's still extremely young, so I could see AD becoming that guy in a year or two. I think both have all-star potential, but I like Dunn's personality a little bit more. I still might take Ingram over Dunn, but right now it's a toss up for me. Ben Simmons is the prize of this draft, but if we landed the number 2 pick, I'd be equally excited about either Dunn or Ingram.
    Good post, Dunn reminds me of a slightly less athletic, but better defensive john wall.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Good post, Dunn reminds me of a slightly less athletic, but better defensive john wall.
    Yeah, I can see that. I think pairing Jrue with Dunn would be lethal. I feel like Dunn has less bust potential than Ingram, but Ingram might have a little higher ceiling and plays a bigger position of need.

Yea I definitely agree. I would like Dunn just as much talent wise just Ingram gets the nod for need. Really though idc as long as the player is a hit. Dunn does have a little fire this team could use. I don't think it's any knock to AD at all but I doubt he ever becomes a vocal leader. I see AD with the same personality as Duncan. Some players have it and some players just don't.

Yeah, I can see that. I think pairing Jrue with Dunn would be lethal. I feel like Dunn has less bust potential than Ingram, but Ingram might have a little higher ceiling and plays a bigger position of need.
    This is exactly right, ingram has a higher cieling, but only by so much, but dunn's floor far exceeds ingrams. If I had to take 1, I would take Ingram. Go big or go home.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    A source close to the game told me that Hield is not going to translate into an NBA player. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    A source close to the game told me that Hield is not going to translate into an NBA player. Thoughts?
    Nobody knows anything about anything (except for the Spurs) until well after the draft. Unless your source is with the Spurs, I'll take it with a grain of salt.
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

I just don't believe in Ingram at all.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by frankatank109 View Post
    Nobody knows anything about anything (except for the Spurs) until well after the draft. Unless your source is with the Spurs, I'll take it with a grain of salt.
    Maybe it is, maybr it isn't. I can't say, unfortunately. But I will say the person that i received this information from is a superior basketball mind.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Mark Ingram has proven himself the last couple of seasons, though.

Quote Originally Posted by frankatank109 View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. The guy could say he's the next MJ and it would mean the same to me. I don't hold my own or anybody else's opinion to highly on most players. Guys like Simmons and AD are a little more clear then others. Those guys you can basically near guarantee will be great unless they just don't put the work in and that's on them. Most players are just so hit and miss it is crazy.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-24-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Don't know where you can get that from? What do you not like about his game? Kid just turned 18 and has just about everything you want in a player. Shooting 42% from 3pt after missing near everyone of his first 25 3pointers taken is crazy much less a newly 18 year old freshman. Dunn is on tv so little so I don't know how you can believe he is this can't miss prospect while Ingram has bust written all over him. Besides reading some stuff I don't know where you get that from. I'm a Duke fan and this kid is the real deal. He is a very similiar player to Paul George with his skill set and play style. Outside of Simmons being an amazing gifted passer Ingram is right there with him in near everything. His shooting is far superior while he has one of the best strokes in college basketball. If you think Simmons is scary and Ingram is going to be a bust I honestly don't know what you are watching and if that's the case the rest of the draft should make you terrified.

I have seen you say he is not Durant because he can't shoot it like him and that's false. He is shooting the 3 better on almost the exact amount of shots per game. He started off slow to the season which he has completely come out of that slump and been dominating. Shooting like 43% from 3 after missing his first 25 and averaging around 22 ppg. He is a better defender then Durant also which is to be taken into account. Durant was a better rebounder then him and shooting was near equal. Not much seperates those guys when coming out. I'm not saying he is going to be as good as Durant but he has every bit of talent and an amazing skill set to be as good if not better. He has PG13 written all over him. Just turned 18 years old!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-24-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. The guy could say he's the next MJ and it would mean the same to me. I don't hold my own or anybody else's opinion to highly on most players. Guys like Simmons and AD are a little more clear then others. Those guys you can basically near guarantee will be great unless they just don't put the work in and that's on them. Most players are just so hit and miss it is crazy.
    I mean, why have this thread then?

Is Dunn DWade?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It's nice to see what everybody says and talk about guys but predicting someone won't be good and holding that opinion high is a little much. He could very well be 100% correct but time and time again the experts are proven wrong. some guys are just clear transitional talents and that's one thing. Guys like Heild are so difficult to predict if he is going to suck or be the next Ray Allen. It's just so hit or miss. I'm not saying I don't listen to it or take it into account but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is Dunn DWade?
    I think he is a Westbrook/Wall mix with his own little flair to he game. I try to watch him on my computer as much as I can stream and he has all the potential. He turns the ball over way too much which is a problem especially being a junior. His 3 point shot numbers look better then earlier on in his career but his mid range and ft is terrible for a junior. If he was a freshman I would be so concerned but as a junior it would be nice to see him progress more. When he gets to the NBA the only thing that will hold him back is turnovers and his shooting. If he can fix those he can be great. His skill set puts him on another level then that next group in the draft but I would put him in a class behind Simmons and Ingram.

So since everybody likes to go back and blame Dell for having guys get injured what about Dunn? He has some injury concerns so if Dell drafts him and he continually gets hurt that must be his fault right?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Definitely take that with a grain of salt. Hield is a basketball winner, not player. The guy has an alpha mindset that we do not currently possess on this team. If you're the big dog in college and have that lackadaisical look while playing, you will continue to be that in the professional league.

Hield is a winner.

I agree with this line of thinking. We should be able to criticize and question a player just as often as we laud and sing praise about a player. If the NBA draft is as hit and miss as posters here have postulated, which it is, then posts like Quail's are just as "absurd" as those like the majority of posters in this thread.

With that said, maybe providing some thoughts on why your source thinks Hield is not an NBA talent will help transition the thread further.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I saw Valentine play last night, in what was a very tough conference matchup vs OSU. I thought he came out amazing. He really was all over the court. I am not in love with him as our top pick, but if we made some trades and found him in the middle of the first, I would be game for him. He has a good head on his shoulders, and that can get you pretty far while the rest of your game is coming around (or going downhill as Andre Miller shows us).

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Definitely take that with a grain of salt. Hield is a basketball winner, not player. The guy has an alpha mindset that we do not currently possess on this team. If you're the big dog in college and have that lackadaisical look while playing, you will continue to be that in the professional league.

Hield is a winner.
    So was Trey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsguy View Post
    3. I would look to sign a guy like Miles Plumlee. Not a great player, but better than Asik and better fit for our system. He gets up and down the floor better and he can catch. He won't cost a fortune.
    You and me both brother. I would prefer Mason, but Miles is a fun kid to watch. I think given more min. than what he is getting up in Milwuakee, and teamed with a guy like AD at the pf spot, he could be better than what we have had at center since Chandler left. His defense isn't lock down, but he can still defend, and is quick enough to recover if his man pulls him away from the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post

Hield is a winner.
    Coach's son, 1st in the gym and last out, scrappy, hustle guy?

Coach's son, 1st in the gym and last out, scrappy, hustle guy?

Don't forget to mention his motor and team-first attitude.

Thread Information