Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Lakers Game Day Thread 02/04/16

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    TO be fair to Gentry he was having a mini stroke while trying to get the attention of players to foul.
    Funny Man!

Gentry has aged 15 years in the 5 months he's coached this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    How? How can you not just KNOW to foul there? WE KNOW! I saw a little kid in the stands screaming to foul.

NBA players have to be coached to recognize the obvious?
    This team does. Are they really NBA players?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    How? How can you not just KNOW to foul there? WE KNOW! I saw a little kid in the stands screaming to foul.

NBA players have to be coached to recognize the obvious?
    They gave up.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    This is on coaching fire all their ***** tonight.
    I don't happen to agree with this, but that's just me....and I fully expect to hear more about AD's hand too....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 02-04-2016 at 11:14 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

This team is just flat stupid. I mean, let alone the Warriors and the Spurs, I can understand losing to the Grizz and Rockets, but man losing twice against the terrible Lakers, including losing stupidly at home. Freaking Ugly.

PS: AD's missed dunk would have made it a one point game and needing a quick two only to win it.. just saying.

Great game. This lost will affect this whole season. Our next stretch is intense.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Think its hilarious that some people want Gentry fired. As much as we talk about our players basketball IQ we need to check some fans basketball IQ that feel another coach is gonna turn this bunch into a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja View Post
    This team is just flat stupid. I mean, let alone the Warriors and the Spurs, I can understand losing to the Grizz and Rockets, but man losing twice against the terrible Lakers, including losing stupidly at home. Freaking Ugly.

PS: AD's missed dunk would have made it a one point game and needing a quick two only to win it.. just saying.
    This team has taken a big step backwards this year. Is Rob Ryan around this team?

Honestly Kobe was amazing in the end. Can't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Gentry has aged 15 years in the 5 months he's coached this team.
    He looks like he wants to quit. I wouldn't want to coach this team.

I ragged on Monty alot but I didn't know that he was dealing with so many low iq basketball players. How can you coach players like this?
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Great game. This lost will affect this whole season. Our next stretch is intense.
    Maybe losing this game might have been the better thing. Who knows

AD is the last person in this organization that needs to have any fingers pointed at him after this game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think its hilarious that some people want Gentry fired. As much as we talk about our players basketball IQ we need to check some fans basketball IQ that feel another coach is gonna turn this bunch into a contender.
    THis is a combo job man. Players and coach. Low IQ players and a coach trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Maybe both causes the other.
    Last edited by sterlr; 02-04-2016 at 11:19 PM.

I ragged on Monty alot but I didn't know that he was dealing with so many low iq basketball players. How can you coach players like this?
    Let's trade anything the Thunder want except AD for Monty. Monty and AD had a very special player-coach relationship.

Hopefully Pelicans can lock up Dejean Jones for 3 years. He can ball almost had a double-double today.

Yeah I used to give Monty a pass because I knew what he was dealing with. Even thought he deserved more props for getting this team into the playoffs. I was happy that we got gentry because I thought that getting these guys to run more would work because of their youth and athleticism. Never thought it would look this bad. yes we're dealing with injuries but it just looks real bad now.

Gentry hasn't forgotten how to coach offense and Erman hasn't forgotten how to coach defense. We just have a bad team except for a few players. Hoping we make some moves to get us back to respectability soon.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    AD is the last person in this organization that needs to have any fingers pointed at him after this game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Missed dunks and free throws? He definitely carried his own weight in contributing to this loss.

Can we get ryno out of here? For ********s sake. This dude is so hot and cold, it literally breaks the team when he's off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Funny because Gentry actually wanted to come coach Pels know full well what the roasters looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Of course he is not the reason we lost. BUT, we could have won if made that dunk and couple more FTS. Again, not blaming him for the loss by any mean.

On the bright side, what a game by BDJ. The kid had 17p and 9r, playing hard both sides of the court, while some veterans where just trolling us all night long.
    Last edited by Mido-Peja; 02-04-2016 at 11:27 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

I've already seen it in the prophetic scrolls of NBA 2K16.

This offseason, Gentry retires. Brad Stevens becomes our head coach along with Kevin Garnett.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Missed dunks and free throws? He definitely carried his own weight in contributing to this loss.

Can we get ryno out of here? For ********s sake. This dude is so hot and cold, it literally breaks the team when he's off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Good point the missed freethrows again. How many games have we lost due to missed FREETHROWS?

Of course he is not the reason we lost. BUT, we could have won if made that dunk and couple more FTS. Again, not blaming him for the loss by any mean.
    Playing the what if game will just make the loss hurt more. It's like saying we would of won if Cole wouldn't of played, but he did play and we lost. On another note we should trade Cole. It really was cole world for him today he shot 1-10

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    one point from the 4's and the true 5's combined.... among quite a few less than desirable things, but that's almost unthinkable....

Thread Information