Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Pelicans vs Lakers Game Day Thread 02/04/16

Random but Gee was a -29 tonight in just 16 minutes. He also had 2 turnovers and 3 fouls without scoring or getting any rebounds. Impressive

Demps has really dropped the ball on building a team around AD. And the Lakers are intentionally trying to tank this year. I envy their roster just like I do with Boston's. So many young up and coming players to work with after Kobe retires.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 02-05-2016 at 03:50 AM.

And it's quite obvious that both Anderson and Cole are playing for their next contract because they have no conscience when it comes to shot selection. They both need to be gone by the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    And it's quite obvious that both Anderson and Cole are playing for their next contract because they have no conscience when it comes to shot selection. They both need to be gone by the trade deadline.
    Anderson has never had a conscience. And Cole... I think Gentry told him to shoot because aside from AD (with the starting lineup) he's the only one that can hit a jumper every now and then. Dejean-Jones has earned more shots though.

I finally see that if we just trade Gordon and add Batum that we'd be a championship caliber team.

Signed,

No one on Earth or beyond
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Seriously. This team needs a stick of dynamite to fix it. Have a fire sale and start from scratch. Save AD and put everybody else on the block including Demps. Also, if I see AD settle for another jumper, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Ajinca just played the worst pick and roll defense you can possibly play. He literally guarded no one the entire possession. It was like he was guarding an imaginary opponent.
    This! He's awful, yet Demps chose to re-sign him. Gentry has 5 players that can play this system - Davis, Holliday, Anderson, Dejean-Jones, Cole.
    I still think the dance team should be the Tail-feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I think I'll just become a Spurs fan.

The city's close enough.
    I have been on that doorstep with the Jazz for a few weeks now. It almost seems easier.

Reading all these threads about blaming players for having low iqs, and blaming the coach for poor game planning, it looks like we all are blaming the same guy...Demps. If that ****** clown has a job (in New Orleans) after this season I am done. That dude is 50 shades of bad.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by FHSdemon View Post
    This! He's awful, yet Demps chose to re-sign him. Gentry has 5 players that can play this system - Davis, Holliday, Anderson, Dejean-Jones, Cole.
    And its debatable if those 5 guys can play in his system.

I don't think peoples expectations of the playoffs at the beginning of the season were off, and if so, we made the wrong hire at coach, or maybe AD isn't the transcendent talent he is touted to be. Even with OKC getting hurt and letting us get into the playoffs last year, the Western Conference isn't as strong as it has been, so we should be making the playoffs (injuries or not). This staff is just as bad (if not worse) than the one we let walk back in June, and I doubt it gets better if we are a fully healthy team, as we haven't shown ourselves to be that yet when we have been healthy.

Hopefully We shut down Evans for the year
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

It doesn't matter who gets brought in here if they spend a chunk of the year in street clothes, or has the green light to jack a 3 (with 20 seconds on the shot clock) or long 2 on a premium possession.

If these things continue, prepare for frustration no matter whom they sign or draft.

Thread Information