Pelicans Report

Thread: suns fire jeff hornacek

NBA suns fire jeff hornacek

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...-continue-lose

i remember when he first got the job, everyone thought he would be an up and coming coach.

Dang I didn't see that coming. Sure they're losing but bad personnel moves and injuries are killing them. Gotta blame someone I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Dang I didn't see that coming. Sure they're losing but bad personnel moves and injuries are killing them. Gotta blame someone I guess.
    One of the national high brow bloggers like Zach Lowe posted a stat a few weeks ago that since Pop took over in San Antonio there have been 221 coaching changes in the league. It's definitely easier to fire a coach than change a roster.
    Last edited by BP225; 02-01-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    One of the high national brow bloggers like Zach Lowe posted a stat a few weeks ago that since Pop took over in San Antonio there have been 221 coaching changes in the league. It's definitely easier to fire a coach than change a roster.
    just think about how many coaches new Orleans has had since its inception long after pop was hired.

Silas
    Floyd
    Scott
    Bower
    Williams
    Gentry

Cant win without stability
    I'm a grinder

I still think that Hornacek is an up and coming head coach. He hasn't had the greatest talent to work with, but when he had a healthy unit he got the max out of them.

He will land on his feet again (if he even wants to come back to the clown and pony show that is the NBA).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I still think that Hornacek is an up and coming head coach. He hasn't had the greatest talent to work with, but when he had a healthy unit he got the max out of them.

He will land on his feet again (if he even wants to come back to the clown and pony show that is the NBA).
    So he gets an excuse for being able to work with a healthy unit? Funny Gentry had no excuses what so ever. Hornaceck had a very good team when they were healthy. A very good team top to bottom is a lot more important then just having a super star. Hornaceck has done nothing more then what Monty did. Gentry has been way more succesful in his career. I think Hornaceck is a good coach but you have over rated him big time allowing him to coach under every excuse yet Gentry gets no excuses.

There is so much misinformation in your post, where does one start to explain how wrong it is (honest question)?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    So he gets an excuse for being able to work with a healthy unit? Funny Gentry had no excuses what so ever. Hornaceck had a very good team when they were healthy. A very good team top to bottom is a lot more important then just having a super star. Hornaceck has done nothing more then what Monty did. Gentry has been way more succesful in his career. I think Hornaceck is a good coach but you have over rated him big time allowing him to coach under every excuse yet Gentry gets no excuses.
    Neither one has had what I would call any sustained success in the NBA. Gentry has just had more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Neither one has had what I would call any sustained success in the NBA. Gentry has just had more chances.
    I completely agree. I don't think Gentry has been some great coach his whole career but he has been more succesful as a coach. When you actually dig deep into each of those coaches past there are reasons why they were bad and good. I like Hornaceck but it's possible he never cracks a winning season again. Some have said a while back if we had Hornaceck he would be the perfect coach and get us over the hump. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion he is any better then what we have had. We should hold other coaches to the same no excuse standard we hold our own to. I do hope he lands with the Jazz in the near future.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-01-2016 at 11:23 AM.

Gentry's coaching record .470
    Hornacek's coaching record .474

Players under Gentry during his most successful years: (Det:.580)Grant Hill, Stackhouse, Hunter, Dumars, Laetner. (LAC: .476): Richardson, Maggette, Brand, McGiness, Odom, Oliwikandi (PHX: .659):Amare, Nash, Hill, Richardson, Frye, Barbosa, Lopez, Dudley, Dragic,
    Players under Hornaceck (PHX: .585): Dragic, Bledsoe, Green, Morris (x2), Frye, ISH SMITH.

Horny hasn't had as much talent to work with yet he exceeded expectations. He is going to come back, latch on with a team with a little more fire power, and better management than the Suns, and he is going to do wonders.

You know who else I am higher on than Gentry, Snyder in Utah, and Brad Stevens in Boston. Either of those two with this team, and we are comfortably nestled into a playoff spot.

When are GMs going to be replaced like coaches are?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Thread Information