Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline is coming soon guys!

Hey, I'm the first one to admit it seems incredible. I would not have posted it unless I knew for a fact that this guy knows some of the top people in the organization. And I know that because I've met them in person through him. That doesn't guarantee that this particular info is true, but I pushed back pretty hard and he said point blank that this senior guy (he told me who, but I won't say who it was) said they could have had Cousins without giving up a first rounder or (obviously) AD, and that the deal centered on Ryno.

The Franchise    Contributor   

There was a time when it sounded like Karl was trying to give cousins away, maybe Karl's people were talking to ours. That would make it true that they offered Boogie without requiring any picks, and it would still be true that Vivek and Vlade were never going to allow it to happen.

If we get Cousins + AD + 1 or 2 of EG/Jrue/Evans we will be talking about 3rd seed in the west right now. If true it is criminal. F I will even give them a 1st or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Hey, I'm the first one to admit it seems incredible. I would not have posted it unless I knew for a fact that this guy knows some of the top people in the organization. And I know that because I've met them in person through him. That doesn't guarantee that this particular info is true, but I pushed back pretty hard and he said point blank that this senior guy (he told me who, but I won't say who it was) said they could have had Cousins without giving up a first rounder or (obviously) AD, and that the deal centered on Ryno.
    wow, i believe u and u were told that, but that is absolutely insane. Thats like a team offering us paul george for ryno and others and we say no lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    There was a time when it sounded like Karl was trying to give cousins away, maybe Karl's people were talking to ours. That would make it true that they offered Boogie without requiring any picks, and it would still be true that Vivek and Vlade were never going to allow it to happen.
    i also thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    Yeah, this rumor doesn't pass the sniff test. Not only no 1sts for Cousins, but Asik being involved when the Kings had just signed Koufos. I do get Karl who is chasing Nellie's win total wanting proven players more than picks, but not even the Kings would do something like Ryno and Asik for Cousins. And if they did no way we turned it down. Even if you don't want cousins on your team because of his attitude you take that deal and then flip Cousins to Boston for all the 1sts Ainge has been hoarding to get Cousins. Again, nothing you said or were told passes the sniff test.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If this deal was discussed, we were part of a leverage ploy or something.

Don't blame anybody for being skeptical. If someone had told me we could have gotten Cousins without giving up a first rounder (or two) with anyone short of Davis I would have said you are out of your mind. But this guy's info has been solid before and like I said I know for a fact he has connections with a lot of senior people in the Pelicans/Saints organization. Maybe something was lost in translation, but he was clear on several points including that the trade had been run by Davis, which must mean there was something to it. Could be something was lost in translation.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Man, I heard something today that I can hardly credit. But it came from a guy who I know for a fact hangs out with senior management inside the Pelicans/Saints organization.

He said he was told by a senior guy (I won't name him, but he is high up) that the Pels passed on a chance to get Boogie Cousins from the Kings this past summer. The deal centered on Ryan Anderson + another piece which changed a couple of times (Asik was involved at least at some point). No draft pick (I asked).

I said no effing way this was true, but he insisted he heard it directly from the guy that Cousins was on the table and the Pels took a pass. He also said the organization ran it past Davis who signed off on playing with Cousins. If true, somebody needs to lose their job...
    Yeah, I don't believe a word of this

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe a word of this
    Me neither. It's false.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Me neither. It's false.
    Sounds like the many Ryno to Suns trades!

Karl wanted to trade boogie.

Vlade & Vivek didnt & still don't.

I think Karl gets fired this summer & theres no way theyre trading boogie when the coach wont be there longterm. Guy we can maybe get is Mr Gay.

I would give the Kings any grouping of players and picks (not named AD) for Boogie.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If that was the deal you obviously take it because that is a great flip of assets. I doubt that was exactly the trade though.

However, I may be the only one on the planet but I don't like Boogies game. I don't think he can be part of a championship team. Too disruptive, temperamental, and he is a chucker. 20+ shots a game to get his 22-23 points. Thinks he can rain 3s too. that team shows no semblance of any one of them knowing how to play ball outside an aau style. Great tools on him but that's abt it.

With this home stand coming up, I feel like we will have a trade soon. Perfect time to get a new player acquaint with the system.

I'm all in for gettin Gay.Is the answer for a long term position needed.Is an upgrade over gee, cunningham and Qpon.And please, STOP doing lineups with AD playing Center, please.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    If that was the deal you obviously take it because that is a great flip of assets. I doubt that was exactly the trade though.

However, I may be the only one on the planet but I don't like Boogies game. I don't think he can be part of a championship team. Too disruptive, temperamental, and he is a chucker. 20+ shots a game to get his 22-23 points. Thinks he can rain 3s too. that team shows no semblance of any one of them knowing how to play ball outside an aau style. Great tools on him but that's abt it.
    Can't win with Boogie but people believe we can win with Reke. What bizzaro world do I live in?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Can't win with Boogie but people believe we can win with Reke. What bizzaro world do I live in?
    Because we did?

why you have to drag Evans in anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    I'm all in for gettin Gay.Is the answer for a long term position needed.Is an upgrade over gee, cunningham and Qpon.And please, STOP doing lineups with AD playing Center, please.
    lol sorry, this killed me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Because we did?

Win what? We haven't won anything. I have no clue what you're talking about

I apologize to the Tyreke Evans fan club for mentioning his name.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Because we did?

You've been here for over a year and you haven't yet figured out that Tyreke Evans is responsible for all the ills of the world? You have a lot of learning left to do...
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

Oh I don't think we can win big with Evans either. I kinda feel Evans and Boogie embody the same style/mentality/characteristic just different bodies. Evans is certainly talented, just not in the guy I want to be part of my "big 3/4"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Evans and Cousins might be similar in mindsets...but one is far, far, far better at playing the game than the other. Even if Cousins goes into hissy fits all the time. And I also think Cousins and AD could play together. They're both strong in areas the other is weaker at and vice versa...

But that trade ain't happening without some other team getting in the mix, Kings management having a change of heart, AND us giving away our 1st rounder this year, which is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Win what? We haven't won anything. I have no clue what you're talking about
    What you refer to as "win"? The Chip or winning record?

We did have a winning record last year and last year's team as it is(healthy) I think they're enough for top 4 team in the West this year.

Final run? I think this team is a center that can catch/jump and a coach away from getting out of the west.

Thread Information