Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TANK FEST 2016

TANK FEST 2016

LAKERNATION WE COMING AFTER YOU! Simmons or Bust!

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...51VX7yLdPt93tL

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    A new hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a franchise changing player , AD and Simmons with our supporting cast minus a few = Championships

We are too inconsistent to win the lottery... In that...we suck at sucking and occasionally win games that we shouldn't. How do you beat a full strength Mavs away but lose to their reserves at home!?

We are still going to try for the playoffs even though we are terrible. We should just accept it this season and go for broke for Simmons.
    '' We are here!!''

Hey maybe they'll rig the lottery for us again
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

So far we are doing it right.

We need to tank and get KRIS DUNN, we dont need another big, we need guards, you need great gaurds to win in this leauge. Kris Dunn is a pass first defensive gaurd that can get to the hole and has a inproving jump shot. He is the star player we are missing, and yes i believe he will be a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenrodrigue View Post
    We need to tank and get KRIS DUNN, we dont need another big, we need guards, you need great gaurds to win in this leauge. Kris Dunn is a pass first defensive gaurd that can get to the hole and has a inproving jump shot. He is the star player we are missing, and yes i believe he will be a star.
    Not to mention he is a great kid.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...ketball-010316

Quote Originally Posted by Allenrodrigue View Post
    Check my sig.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I think the sf position is the most important

1-6

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Ryno = GONE
    Gordon = GONE
    Tyreke = TRADED
    Davis = SHUT HIM DOWN
    Cole = GONE

Yeah, I'd say with Gordon/Cole leaving this summer and Tyreke one of our best trade pieces
    We should go after a guard. Perhaps someone that can play the 2 OR 3?

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I think the sf position is the most important
    Who's going to run our team? Jrue Holiday? Lmao really? Nah B, its time for a real leader, AD can sit back and watch a true Alpha lead his team and bring a will to win. I'm sick of this lackadaisical bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Ryno = GONE
    Gordon = GONE
    Tyreke = TRADED
    Davis = SHUT HIM DOWN
    Cole = GONE

Yeah, I'd say with Gordon/Cole leaving this summer and Tyreke one of our best trade pieces
    We should go after a guard. Perhaps someone that can play the 2 OR 3?
    When we trade Tyreke, we should trade for a draft pick and use our second pick to draft a SF.

Couple of infos for tank lovers. Who owes who's picks in 1st round. It might be useful for NOP to find a trading partner or to know who will not trade us anybody.

1. BRK ---->>>> BOS
    (unprotected pick, 2017 - right to swap, 2018 pick goes to BOS).
    Brooklyn has to build a team not to let the Boston take high picks. So BRK has no business in tanking.

2. MIN ------>>> BOS (protected 1-12). Minny has to decide which pick will go to Boston. My gut feeling will be that they will start to go for the PO this year. But at some time when they fail they will stay at about No10. So Minny hasn't got big interest in tanking.

3. SAC ------>>>> CHI (Top 10 protected). No matter what King will fight for PO (they may loose DMC instead). So no tanking.

4. POR ----->>> DEN (lottery protected). Hard to say hat POR will do. Next year they will be better so maybe they will give next years pick.

5. LAL - ----->>> PHI (PROTECTED TOP 3). LA will tank a lot. More of it. Not to have a risk of losing 4th pick, they will have to stay about No2 (they may still fall).

6. DEN will have their own pick, receive Houston's pick. Pick of MEM will be delayed for them (top 5 and 15-30 protected). DEN may tank, but they will probably develop their talent.

7. MIL will fight for PO. There is no reason for them to tank.

8.WAS, CHA and NY (see above).

9 . PHX will tank without Bledsoe. They receive additional CLE pick.

Summary: LAL and PHI will be worse than anybody. No matter what. PHX as well.
    So depending on Dell's moves NO can be somewhere between 3-18 pick. With a small chance for 1-2 in lottery.
    Last edited by pawel; 01-10-2016 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Couple of infos for tank lovers. Who owes who's picks in 1st round. It might be useful for NOP to find a trading partner or to know who will not trade us anybody.

1. BRK ---->>>> BOS
    (unprotected pick, 2017 - right to swap, 2018 pick goes to BOS).
    Brooklyn has to build a team not to let the Boston take high picks. So BRK has no business in tanking.
    What Brooklyn do from now on won't be dictated by not letting Boston get a high pick - it's a sunk cost now. They will be dictated by building whatever team they think is best for the future.

But they have no picks so they are basically screwed.

The schedule is super easy over the next 11 games we may win 7-9 of them

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    The schedule is super easy over the next 11 games we may win 7-9 of them
    Will you put money on it? Is Davis healthy again?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    So far we are doing it right.
    Exactly ... we don't need to make any changes. This roster is tanking just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    What Brooklyn do from now on won't be dictated by not letting Boston get a high pick - it's a sunk cost now. They will be dictated by building whatever team they think is best for the future.

Not true... Boston and Brooklynn are in the same division.

You bet your ****** if the Rockets or Spurs owned our 1sts we'd be trying our hardest every single game to win, and might even make minor trades not getting rid of any future assets to win more games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominica View Post
    Not true... Boston and Brooklynn are in the same division.

You bet your ****** if the Rockets or Spurs owned our 1sts we'd be trying our hardest every single game to win, and might even make minor trades not getting rid of any future assets to win more games.
    Where have I seen that before...

Anyway, blow it up except for AD, Jrue and QPon. The three guys with highest BBIQs on the team.

ALL ABOARD

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    ALL ABOARD
    Not sure why Jrue and AD are on the tank since they are Anti-Tank weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

Not having a draft pick IMO will and should change the Nets game plan. J. Johnson is a huge expiring deal and they should be using that to get whatever asset/s they can. Not sure how they feel about Lopez, but he's the only ace up their sleeves. However I'm sure they want to keep him.

Chad Ford likes our chances!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Chad Ford likes our chances!
    elaborate.

Thread Information