Pelicans Report

Thread: I'm done.

I'm done.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Don't worry, everyone. Pollyanna says all will be fine just as soon as Pondexter gets back. . . waiting for Godot.

idk.. i said these things at the start of the year.. funny how now everyone starts agreeing with me

Time to see if the season can be salvaged at All Star break! Maybe something happens, maybe nothing happens! We got this! \^O^/

i do not like the narrative that we are only x games back to 8th spot in the West and we have easier schedule...

- at home we can lose to anybody
    - we are incosistent
    - we play a lot vs East which is waaaay better than last year. there are 10 teams >0.50000
    - in west there are about 12 teams fighting for PO. there will be no easy wins
    - we are healthy now. how it will look tomorrow?

Dell - do something...
    but nothing with our own pick

The Franchise    Contributor   

What is the history on GM'd getting fired mid-season? Seems like you wouldn't want somebody making trade deadline decisions, especially ones as big as what to do with Ryan Anderson, if they won't be making decisions over the summer. And at this point I'd be shocked of Dell was here next year. I hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, but I have a hard time seeing him able to make the moves that would be required to fix this mess over the next month, especially since the problems seem (at least from here) to be the guys that were his big aquisitions - TE and OA

Bye

My problem is Gentry is trying to make us GS.. Not resemble them, BE THEM.

Here is the problem, GS is an AVERAGE team without Chef Curry. We do not have Chef Curry.....someone should be able to fill in the remaining blanks.

Do our players mesh well with the system? Clearly not now. Are we complete devoid of talent? No. We actually have a talented roster. Does this mean Dell should go or stay?

He got talent, but then hired the wrong coach perhaps? Or he got the right coach, but didn't get the needed talent? It is just too hard to say right now.

I have not been a Dell fan, but at this point, most of the blame goes to Gentry for me. We have basically the same team, just a new coaching style.

We need to ditch the small ball. We are better with Asik on the floor. I know most of you will laugh that off, but do some research.

Small ball is a fad, and we don't have the right players for it. AD should be in the post, DOMINATING and CONTROLLING.

Is it really a good thing to sacrifice efficiency for pace?

This team is the same as last year. We probably do have to blow it up and play a style the man can coach. We have length and should be a very good team. We have a bad bad coach. AND getting rid of Ish was a bad move even for the unknowns that we got. We had a solid known entity.

The Franchise
    MM is that you? Kidding, don't give up hope that's why we're FANatics.

You don't need to be the Warriors, you can be the Flip Saunders KG, Sam Cassell, Latrell Spreewell Timberwolves, and get to a few WCFs if not more (they killed that team way to soon). But we are building this team like a freaking mess. I don't trust the guy making the moves, I don't trust the guy coaching the players, and most importantly, I don't trust the players to give a damn about anything other than their bank accounts.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise
    If your coach can't adjust then you have the wrong coach but if the players aren't playing hard or even trying to run plays he calls then someone's head should roll. To me your not giving up on the season if you trade a few players especially if you get value back. I think if you were to trade Asik, Cole, or Ajinca, I doubt it would hurt the teams chemistry. Reke might hurt a bit unless you got something good in return. Jrue, Gordon, Gee/Qpon, Davis, and Ryno should be able to handle most situations.

If you are done then be done... Nobody cares
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    If you are done then be done... Nobody cares
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post

Thread Information