Pelicans Report

Thread: The Next AD

The Next AD

Porzingis might end up being the next Davis, he probably is a slightly better player as a rookie though will be hard to match Davis' progression.

Its a long season my friend. Jeremy lin was supposed to be the next great point guard.

I have watched a lot of Porzingis and he is not better then AD as a rookie. Much lower FG% and the stats don't tell the whole story. I think Porzingis is going to be great and I'm happy he is shutting up all the doubters especially Stephen A Smith who just looks like a complete idiot now with all the bad stuff he was saying about him and the pick. When Porzingis puts on some weight he will be something serious to deal with. He needs to gets Dirks famous coach and start working with him. He also needs to get as much teaching from Dirk in the off season as possible. I think he will end up being a center in a couple of years once he adds some weight. His frame can easily take on another 30 lbs and to me it would be best for him to bulk up and play center. He can space the floor while being a very good rebounder and rim protector. That is the only thing holding him back is strength and weight but that will come with age. I thought he was going to be very good eventually but even he has exceeded my expectations big time.

Porzingod @ 20 years old, rookie season - 15 games, 13.7ppg 9.1rpg, 42.3% from the field, 19.6PER
    DavisGod @ 19 years old, rookie season - 64 games, 13.5ppg, 8.2rpg, 51.6% from the field, 21.7PER
    DavisGod @ 20 years old, soph seeason - 67 games, 20 and 10, 51.9% from the field, 26.5PER

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    There is no "next AD" but Porzingis is a very promising player so far. He will be a star.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closest thing to being the next AD will be Towns. The great thing about the NBA is when you really look into all the really good to great players none actually resemble another. Every player has their own flair and style to their game along with body type making each their own. It's nice to see the NBA starting to get flooded with some talented big men who aren't just busts. This year having Towns, Okafor, and Porzingis is not something you see very often. I'm a fan of the NBA period and like to see all teams build something special making the league as a whole better. Some people say they would hate to see Simmons land with the Sixers and even though I feel the same since they lied about Jrue it would be nice to see them actually be something other then a high lottery every single year. The East is slowly getting better and it would be a lot better if every team couldn't just mark off the Sixers on their calendar.

Thread Information