Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels @ Suns (11/25)

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Not bad. If we go in at half down 10 or less, I'll be happy. Plenty of room to improve on both ends with just effort and attack.
    2nd Q looked much better, guys actually staying in front of their man.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You never complained about how stupid ADs contract was? Saying he should be traded? It has been said by multiple people you never say one positive thing about the team making it hard to believe you are even a Pels fan.
    F*ck no. Only a moron would want to trade AD.

You're mixing me up with someone else.

Just check the Ish thread to see all the positive things I've said about him.

I get annoyed when we're playing sh*t like when Asik misses open dunks or we stop caring on defense, but I get just as excited when things are going well.

But thanks for tarring me with that brush (y)
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 11-25-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Not bad. If we go in at half down 10 or less, I'll be happy. Plenty of room to improve on both ends with just effort and attack.
    Yea a very bad start but since then we have looked fine. Asik really is a problem and I hope it has to do with him not being in shape yet.

how. about. that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    SWISH Smith!

Clutch shot by Ish we needed that.

only down 3 after being down 17 in first. Great, and still a lot of room to improve on offense and defense. Need to attack the boards and paint.

Maybe that'll wake them up. I see no energy and a lot of walking/jogging. AD included.

only down 3 after being down 17 in first. Great, and still a lot of room to improve on offense and defense. Need to attack the boards and paint.
    Only down 2.

Ish smith has been amazing for us

Yea a very bad start but since then we have looked fine. Asik really is a problem and I hope it has to do with him not being in shape yet.
    I don't think Asik is a problem. He really does a good job on defense changing what we give a offense. The problem is him and AD haven't played well because with guys like Gee and Ish on the floor, the spacing is horrendous. I think it changes if you have Jrue, EG, Qpon, AD, Asik. Spacing will be fine.

Defensively Asik is valuable... how many times do we complain about other teams getting ORebs with him on the floor? Rarely.

I have a feeling Davis is going to explode in the 2nd half getting 30+ for the game and near 20 rebounds. Sucks he had to come out of 2 games early making his stay like look much worse then it is.

Trade Ish for Paul George?

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Trade Ish for Paul George?
    Pacers need to throw in a sweetner

I can't wait until Ish is our 5th guard. Each game will be a toss up between him and Cole on who is hot or if we need defense more than offense. Guard depth will be so nice soon. SOOOON

I don't think Asik is a problem. He really does a good job on defense changing what we give a offense. The problem is him and AD haven't played well because with guys like Gee and Ish on the floor, the spacing is horrendous. I think it changes if you have Jrue, EG, Qpon, AD, Asik. Spacing will be fine.

Defensively Asik is valuable... how many times do we complain about other teams getting ORebs with him on the floor? Rarely.
    Yea I agree we need someone like QPon on the floor with Asik instead of Gee. He does hurt AD and kill the spacing for him in the paint though as opposed to what Anderson does. Just look at the lane when he is in the game for AD and when Ryno is in the game. Ryno makes life on AD offensively so much easier then it does with Asik. He has looked extremely slow and sluggish which I'm really hoping has to do with him not being in game shape and fully recovered yet. He has looked slow in the past but nothing like this. I like Asik and see his value but I would much rather someone else. I would have gone with Ajinca and his contract while finding a center to back him up anyday over Asik and his contract.

I can't wait until Ish is our 5th guard. Each game will be a toss up between him and Cole on who is hot or if we need defense more than offense. Guard depth will be so nice soon. SOOOON
    Yea I agree with this. He can be valuable say Reke has to miss a game or Cole. When everyone is back I just don't see him having a spot in the rotation. Depth is very important though and he gives is that. I would like to see what Cole can do in this offense while he brings some very good defense to the table.

Yea I agree we need someone like QPon on the floor with Asik instead of Gee. He does hurt AD and kill the spacing for him in the paint though as opposed to what Anderson does. Just look at the lane when he is in the game for AD and when Ryno is in the game. Ryno makes life on AD offensively so much easier then it does with Asik. He has looked extremely slow and sluggish which I'm really hoping has to do with him not being in game shape and fully recovered yet. He has looked slow in the past but nothing like this. I like Asik and see his value but I would much rather someone else. I would have gone with Ajinca and his contract while finding a center to back him up anyday over Asik and his contract.
    Yes, but in the past playing Ryno and AD together was a disaster defensively. SO far this season that hasn't been the case, so they are getting a lot more time together than usual. Also keep in mind, that AD doesn't like playing the Center position. He just doesn't like it, so it's hard to think the Ryno & AD pairing will ever be a full time thing.

Jrue holiday is an okay pg . However certainly overrated on this forum , the fact that ish has 7 assists right now and jrue has 2 really speaks of how poor jrue passing ability is for this team

Everyone hated Ryno last season when he had no preseason, maybe it's the same with Asik

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    F*ck no. Only a moron would want to trade AD.

You're mixing me up with someone else.

Just check the Ish thread to see all the positive things I've said about him.

I get annoyed when we're playing sh*t like when Asik misses open dunks or we stop caring on defense, but I get just as excited when things are going well.

But thanks for tarring me with that brush (y)
    That's my fault haha my bad. I mixed your name up with another. Won't tar any other names but no it wasn't you. I'm un tarring your name haha! Don't blame you for getting annoyed we all do. Just one thing I wish was everyone have every player the same critique instead of having a grudge on one. It seems like if someone likes Gordon they have to hate Reke and vice versa. Or if they like Noel or Burke they have to hate Holiday and try to justify it by every single thing he does wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Jrue holiday is an okay pg . However certainly overrated on this forum , the fact that ish has 7 assists right now and jrue has 2 really speaks of how poor jrue passing ability is for this team
    He plays the best D doe

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Jrue isn't even a PG to be honest, not really. A combo guard. He needs to take more cues from Brandon Knight.

That's my fault haha my bad. I mixed your name up with another. Won't tar any other names but no it wasn't you. I'm un tarring your name haha! Don't blame you for getting annoyed we all do. Just one thing I wish was everyone have every player the same critique instead of having a grudge on one. It seems like if someone likes Gordon they have to hate Reke and vice versa. Or if they like Noel or Burke they have to hate Holiday and try to justify it by every single thing he does wrong.
    That's ok mate

Thread Information