Pelicans Report

Thread: Give the Pelicans Players some credit for not losing composure

Pelicans Give the Pelicans Players some credit for not losing composure

Impressive last 2 games I must admit. After all this losing they just kept calm and kept playing. Give credit to Ish and the bench for playing lights out basketball. Could be worse

http://deadspin.com/the-clippers-are...ess-1744122626

Maybe CPME comes back here one day?

Well they are going to have to keep composure for a while. Nola is reporting Cole won't be back until December and Meyers said QPon is still 2 to 3 weeks away.

Despite what Tyreke said, wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until December as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well they are going to have to keep composure for a while. Nola is reporting Cole won't be back until December and Meyers said QPon is still 2 to 3 weeks away.

Despite what Tyreke said, wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until December as well.
    I think he meant it because even Gentry assured it and he has been practicing and he was shooting around before practice today. Evans should be back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    I think he meant it because even Gentry assured it and he has been practicing and he was shooting around before practice today. Evans should be back this week.
    Gentry said Q Pon would be back in November as well. He's also been shooting around.

Gentry said Q Pon would be back in November as well. He's also been shooting around.
    It's still November right now...

QPon and Cole can continue rehab. We got Ishtime!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTerrapin View Post
    It's still November right now...
    Joel Meyers said Q Pon is still 2 to 3 weeks away...which would be?

We need to trade for a center bad ASik and Ajinca give us nothing. Cunningham at the 5 is ok for a few minutes but we need someone who can finish and protect the rim. I like all our guards but we need to move someone

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    We need to trade for a center bad ASik and Ajinca give us nothing. Cunningham at the 5 is ok for a few minutes but we need someone who can finish and protect the rim. I like all our guards but we need to move someone
    I really wish we would have picked up Javale Magee. He looked very good tonight in the few minutes he played for Dallas. In 8 minutes was 4-5 with 8 points and 6 rebounds. He has shot over 50% from the field his entire career and has matured since his younger days. He would be a perfect fit next to AD in a Deandre Jordan role with Griffin being asked to do nothing but rim protect and grab boards. He would have been cheap and been a better fit then Asik here. Would have loved to have Magee/Ajinca at that price instead of Asik/Ajinca. Have always wanted Magee next to AD where I think he would thrive and this off season was our best chance at getting him for very cheap. I just don't see what signing him would have hurt at all. It was a low risk very high reward signing of you ask me.

Joel Meyers said Q Pon is still 2 to 3 weeks away...which would be?
    I feel like Joel Meyers has been saying that for a lomg time now.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    What we really need is to try and talk to Larry Sanders and see if he is ready to come back and snatch him up.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    What we really need is to try and talk to Larry Sanders and see if he is ready to come back and snatch him up.
    Yea I would love to get Sanders but I think that would be something better to do this off season unless we can get rid of Asik soon. I'm hoping Thibs gets a job somewhere and we can unload Asik to him. His contract isn't a bad one for the right team I just don't think we are the right team. Like I said I would love Magee and think he's a possibility this off season. If Sanders wants to come back we need to be all over that. Getting Sanders and say Barnes or Batum along with a decently high draft pick could really change this franchise is a big way.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    So happy with Smith, but will they keep all these guards. If so they might be dominant against teams at the guard position.

when Evens and Cole return - Douglas will be cut.
    Probably Dell has next move in his pocket. Based on the team/league situation.

Almost everybody might be moved about 15th December (found it in ESPN Trade machine)

FYI - Ajinca has a trade restriction of 14th January. So most probable (needed by me) move of Ajinca for Dieng must wait...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    when Evens and Cole return - Douglas will be cut.
    Probably Dell has next move in his pocket. Based on the team/league situation.

Almost everybody might be moved about 15th December (found it in ESPN Trade machine)

FYI - Ajinca has a trade restriction of 14th January. So most probable (needed by me) move of Ajinca for Dieng must wait...
    When we get all of these guys back Ish won't have many minutes on the court. Maybe another team will see his play and have a need for a PG like him making a trade with us. With Holiday, Cole, and Reke playing minutes it takes away a lot of what Ish does and won't allow him to get much PT. He has played very well for us in a few games so swinging a trade for another shooter could be a great move.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    When we get all of these guys back Ish won't have many minutes on the court. Maybe another team will see his play and have a need for a PG like him making a trade with us. With Holiday, Cole, and Reke playing minutes it takes away a lot of what Ish does and won't allow him to get much PT. He has played very well for us in a few games so swinging a trade for another shooter could be a great move.
    I would rather keep Ish and shop Cole. Ish is a great shooter but his speed in the lane is great.

Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    I would rather keep Ish and shop Cole. Ish is a great shooter but his speed in the lane is great.
    Don't fool yourself. QP and Cole are the closest thing this team has to on court leadership. Besides the fact teams have to respect Cole from the outside, I'd expect alignments, switching, and spacing to improve and help every per possession category and make a few leaps with them on the court.

Cole is also a better defender and is also no turtle.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-23-2015 at 02:06 PM.

If you can sell high on Ish, you do it.

I've loved his play, but at the end of the day he isnt really better than Jrue, Reke, or Cole when theyre healthy.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Douglas will be cut and I think one of Ish/Cole might be traded. Both are free agents at the end of the year, otherwise one will get 10-15mpg and the other will be a healthy inactive. Might as well sell while we can if there are buyers.

IMO Cole and Ish will stay. Douglas will be cut/traded after 15th Dec.
    We will play small ball using EJ, Jrue, Cole, Reke and Ish.

One injury and we are short-handed (after Douglas' cut).
    Cole was/is injured - nobody will buy high. Maybe before trade deadline at the earliest, but I'd prefer him to stay till the end of the season.

Ish will be here for months. Yes we have lots of PGS, but we have only 1 sg. There's only feasibly a5-8 minutes for ish at full strength but there's no way managment is rash enough to clip him and hope for perfect recovery luck. Even then he's one 're-injury away from starters minutes.

In his prime I loved McGee have not watched him this year but last year he was horrible.

If somehow we could get Gorgui Dieng that would be huge, I know he is just wasting away on the bench but I really dont see who could beat us if we had his combination of scoring and interior defense.

Thread Information