Pelicans Report

Thread: Next year's draft prospects

Next year's draft prospects

Ben Simmons
    Skal Labissiere
    Jaylen Brown
    are all obviously coveted. But realistically, we will most likely be picking in the 8-20 area

I like-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SWhTCg6nQdw

Furkan Kormaz.

What's more is I think him a safe pick

it's unusual to find 18 yr olds with experience at the highest level of euro ball like him, and he has been successful at it.

He;s a long 6'7 SG

This kid reminds me of a young Ginobili. Rip Hamilton also comes to mind.

People will shy away, as they usually do w international prospects, due to questions about strength and athleticism. But he is by no means a Marco Belinelli (and that's not a knock). NBAdraft.net compares him to Gordon Heywood; personally, I think he will be better than him.

His shooting is world class. 45% for 3 at the " U19s. 42% in the Euroleague/Turkish league this season"

his athleticism is legit too

Strengths:
    -Solid size for a SG at 6-6
    -Very explosive vertically. Can't always show it in the half-court, but has some impressive bounce, which he sometimes unleashes in transition situations
    -Has nice fluidity and mobility
    -Outstanding shooter. 45% for 3 at the U19s. 42% in the Euroleague/Turkish league this season
    -Great natural touch on his jumper. Can throw the ball in the basket from difficult angles
    -Excellent shooter with feet set. Developing shooter off the dribble
    -Very unselfish player, sometimes to a fault. Plays the right way.
    -Very creative passer. Makes the extra pass. Can drive and dish. Doesn't force the issue at all.
    -Can beat his man off the dribble in a straight line with a quick first step. Has great footwork and timing on his drives
    -Very intelligent cutting off the ball.
    -Throws in floaters with soft touch
    -Has great anticipation skills getting in passing lanes. Career 3.4 steals per-40 in national team competition. Sniffs out steals with his terrific feel for game
    -Looks like a pretty humble and hard-working guy

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3sG6wMuvn
    http://www.draftexpress.com

Unless Demps gets "an offer he can't refuse" I'd like to see him keep his picks and start trying to fill the back end of the roster with young, inexpensive developmental type players. This Furkan guy seems like he'd be a good addition to this team.

Realistically, we'll be picking 8-20? I'll have what you're having.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Realistically, we'll be picking 8-20? I'll have what you're having.

8-20 is crazy? I guess your saying a team with only 3 wins, like us, will be picking 1-7?

that's stupid. we are only 4 games out of the 8th place. geez, people get their panties caught up real quick around here. just watch

Thread Information