Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ish Appreciation thread

Another Wake Forest alum. Can you imagine if we can get CPME back here in a couple of years. Maybe that is the plan!

This is where I'll just have to admit my basketball ignorance, because to my untrained eye it looked like Ish Smith is playing pretty damn well out there right now.

I know who I'm voting for all star weekend. #vote4Ish

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/cou...uard-ish-smith

Best moment as an athlete: “It has to be college, in the NCAA Tournament. Actually it was here in New Orleans. I had a game-winning shot in a game against Texas.”

How he chose his current uniform number of 4: “They didn’t have 5. I was generous enough not to beat (Kendrick Perkins) up, because I didn’t want to take 5 from him. Nah, I’m just kidding. [laughs] I just picked the closest number to 5, which was 4.”

One thing fans might be surprised to know about him: “I watch tons of HGTV. I watch Million-Dollar Listing, Property Brothers.”

Favorite thing about New Orleans: “The food is unbelievable.”

Pregame ritual: “I usually pray before every game.”

First job: “My mom and dad ran their own janitorial business. We used to go out as a family and clean the buildings. That was in Charlotte. We were just helping out. It put food on the table.”

Favorite athletes as a kid: “Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas. Isiah Thomas, in terms of how he played – scoring and passing. Michael Jordan because he might be the greatest player who ever played this game. I’m sure there is an argument there, but I didn’t get to see Bill Russell and guys like that.”

What he’d be doing if he weren’t an NBA player: “I’d probably be a lawyer, or something where I’d be in the corporate world wearing a suit every day.”

Closest friends on other NBA teams: “Al-Farouq Aminu, Jeff Teague, James Johnson. We all went to Wake Forest together. Also the Morris twins (Markieff of Phoenix and Marcus of Detroit). I played with them in Phoenix.”

Favorite type of music: “Hip-hop, R&B, gospel. I also love old school from the 1970s and 1980s, Anita Baker, Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye.”

Favorite TV show: “Narcos. It’s been really, really interesting. I’ve only watched three episodes, but I like it so much I’m watching on my phone, carrying it with me in the cold tub, everything.”

Favorite movies of all time: “Remember the Titans is up there, Inside Man. I like all of Denzel Washington’s movies, such as Training Day. Growing up, he reigned supreme.”

Favorite websites: “I’m usually on Facebook a lot. Also I’m on YouTube all the time.”

Wake Forest produces good talent.

He still misses a lot of opportunities on the court on both ends. But as the game wears on he makes up for it in other ways.

I wouldn't expect Tyreke or Cole to be back full until January so he'll be getting decent minutes until then.

Narcos is a hell of a show.

Plata o plomo.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think the best thing Ish has provided is a solid option for the front office when Cole runs to Cleveland in the offseason.

That is a big compliment because we will need a solid 3rd PG to come in and get people going for 15 minutes or so.

Remember to vote Ish 4 all star weekend

We miss you Ish!

Philly 1-0 with Ish

Ish with 14 and 5 assists

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Should've traded cole

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Should've traded cole

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    It's good for Ish to be a starting PG instead of buried on the end of or bench

Thread Information