Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If we can't land Simmons I like this SF a lot. Who's with me?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jaylen-brown
    I've been saying jaylen brown, but we won't pick high enough, this team is going to start winning. It starts against the grizzlies and rockets because we always play good against our division.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If we can't land Simmons I like this SF a lot. Who's with me?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jaylen-brown
    I also like him a lot. If the season goes bad with us never getting fully healthy to flip that switch and start winning games then we have a shot at him. If we are just mediocre this year and the top SFs are gone I want to go with Denzel Valentine and sign a SF in FA. Only a few big men I would be interested in with this draft. I would like to come away with either a SF or SG. My ideal scenario is of course Simmons or Brown but if not I would love Barnes/Batum FA signing along with Valentine. That would be a perfect fit for this team.

it seems thatSimmons can't shoot. he is Lebron/Griffin with probably better post moves, but without their dominating body. Lebron and griffin are such forces because they can just bully their way to the rim, i hope simmons can bulk up and learn to shoot. As for AD-simmons duo, anybody knows how was Griffin-Jordan duo in the early years?. our situation is more complcated because AD doesn't play center, which means a center is still required. unless we retain Ajinca, lack of shooting can hurt us.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Do you honestly think he will never become a better shooter? As skilled a ball handler he is, he can't become better with time and experience?

You take Simmons every day of the week and not worry about his outside shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Do you honestly think he will never become a better shooter? As skilled a ball handler he is, he can't become better with time and experience?

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    it seems thatSimmons can't shoot. he is Lebron/Griffin with probably better post moves, but without their dominating body. Lebron and griffin are such forces because they can just bully their way to the rim, i hope simmons can bulk up and learn to shoot. As for AD-simmons duo, anybody knows how was Griffin-Jordan duo in the early years?. our situation is more complcated because AD doesn't play center, which means a center is still required. unless we retain Ajinca, lack of shooting can hurt us.
    He is 19 at 240 lbs. that's as big if not bigger then Lebron was at that time. The kid will be able to bully his way in the paint when he gets to the NBA. If he just even continues to grow into that body putting the time and effort in the gym he will be about as big as you want him to be. I would want him to get stronger but not much bigger then he is now. Even if he never develops anymore them his shooting is now he can still be a dominant NBA player. He is an elite passer, rebounder, defender, and at getting to the rim. He has one thing that he needs to improve and that's shooting. If we get Simmons I don't care who the hell our center is becasue he will only make them better with his skill set. You can easily go small ball if you even want to call it that with Simmons/AD at the 4/5. I have no reason to believe he won't become atleast a good shooter. He is a point forward with the most skilled passing arsenal of his size I have seen since Magic Johnson. He has a Magic/Pistol type of flair to his passing. Lebron is a high IQ passer and distributor still being great but to me Simmons does things already with the ball I have never seen Lebron do. With all the skills he brings to the game pairing him with AD would be lethal even without a shot. I don't see how you can even compare him to a Griffin/Jordan combo. Griffin plays one side of the ball while AD is a two way player. Jordan rebounds and protects the rim and that's it. Simmons skill set blows Jordan out the water even though they are different positions but without a shot Simmons is still an elite two way player. So having two elite two way players vs two elite one way players I don't see a comparison.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 12-03-2015 at 10:17 PM.

It's the same argument people used with tyreke, isn't it? When a guy can't shoot people are always like "why do you worry, shooting can always get better a player just needs to exercise". And yet of those that can't shoot how many improve on a consistent level and stay there? 5%? 10%? Granted, I think simmons can get better at shooting if anything else because hit FT% is decent enough and his shooting form isn't all that bad but it's high time people stopped with this absurdity "if he doesn't shoot well, he will it's obvious"

All-Star
    TANK FOR BEN!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

He must not have seen LeBron play in high school or how his jump shot looked when he first came into the NBA.

I love Ben Simmons.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    It's the same argument people used with tyreke, isn't it? When a guy can't shoot people are always like "why do you worry, shooting can always get better a player just needs to exercise". And yet of those that can't shoot how many improve on a consistent level and stay there? 5%? 10%? Granted, I think simmons can get better at shooting if anything else because hit FT% is decent enough and his shooting form isn't all that bad but it's high time people stopped with this absurdity "if he doesn't shoot well, he will it's obvious"
    Where's the fun in saying either something will or won't happen? That's boring.

Where's the fun in saying either something will or won't happen? That's boring.
    Exactly! I don't see anyway the kid doesn't get better at shooting. Now him being a great or very good shooter is possible he never reaches but not something I would put past him at all. As I have said even if his shooting does not improve he will still dominate. If he didn't have the passing and ball handling skills this would be a problem. His elite skills on those areas make this a non issue. Simmons getting a shot is just icing on the cake making him mad impossible to stop.

Thread Information