Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You remember when people were saying, "We are saving our strength for Portland." Then is was, " Portland was healthier." Then it was, "Well GS is setting everyone on fire." Then it was, "Well it's only 4 games." And then it was, "but we took them to the buzzer." Now it's, ...?

There is always an excuse, but the fact is we are 0-6, and we are worse than we were last year (healthy or not).

What I've been saying all along and I got accused of wanted to blow up the team and not being a real fan. I was just saying it like it is.

The Pelicans need to tank. They need to sign Harrison Barnes, Mike Conley, Terrence Jones and Festus Ezeli. Let Gordon, Anderson, and Cole walk. Draft Jaylen Brown and trade Jrue holiday and Asik as a salary dump. . Starters: Conley, Pondexter, Barnes, Davis, Ezeli. Bench Evans, Brown, Babbitt, Jones, Ajinca. This team would be great defensively.

Here’s a look at the four teams since 1999-2000 that started 0-5 yet still made the playoffs that year.

2001-02: Philadelphia 76ers (finished 43-39; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)
    2003-04: Miami Heat (finished 42-40; lost in the semifinals of the conference playoffs)
    2004-05: Chicago Bulls (finished 47-35; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)
    2007-08: Washington Wizards (finished 43-39; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)

If we are going to be lottery bound, we might want to make it count. I submit sucking for Simmons. Get Batman his Robin.
    How many of those teams were missing half of the top of their rosters?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    The Pelicans need to tank. They need to sign Harrison Barnes, Mike Conley, Terrence Jones and Festus Ezeli. Let Gordon, Anderson, and Cole walk. Draft Jaylen Brown and trade Jrue holiday and Asik as a salary dump. . Starters: Conley, Pondexter, Barnes, Davis, Ezeli. Bench Evans, Brown, Babbitt, Jones, Ajinca. This team would be great defensively.
    Mission impossible?

I am against tank, reason 1 in 2-3 weeks we will have everyone back unless we have other set back we will finish 500 even if we start 0-10
    reason 2, lotto is never a sure thing I rather trade that #1 + filter for DMC and hire JVG. Reke, EG, Q, AD and DMC

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Good point. We will probably do worse than starting 0-5.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Mission impossible?

I am against tank, reason 1 in 2-3 weeks we will have everyone back unless we have other set back we will finish 500 even if we start 0-10
    reason 2, lotto is never a sure thing I rather trade that #1 + filter for DMC and hire JVG. Reke, EG, Q, AD and DMC
    I have resigned myself to is not having a shot at Durant, so our best bet to land our 2nd big player might just be what you are saying. Either way, we this is a lottery team, so we need to plan accordingly.

I'll put this here again but the best team in the league in a similar situation:

Curry
    Brandon Rush
    James McAdoo
    Draymond Green
    Festus Ezeli

With Klay Thompson on a minutes/b2b restriction. So he wouldn't have played against us back on 10/31.

Backups:

??
    Barbosa
    ??
    ??
    ??

I have resigned myself to is not having a shot at Durant, so our best bet to land our 2nd big player might just be what you are saying. Either way, we this is a lottery team, so we need to plan accordingly.
    Agree. Let us not screw that up.

Fact is that we need a young stud.

This is the perfect year to tank and get a top 3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Fact is that we need a young stud.

This is the perfect year to tank and get a top 3 pick.
    Oh, we will tank. Rest assured the front office is already 3 steps ahead of us on that one.

I'll put this here again but the best team in the league in a similar situation:

Curry
    Brandon Rush
    James McAdoo
    Draymond Green
    Festus Ezeli

With Klay Thompson on a minutes/b2b restriction. So he wouldn't have played against us back on 10/31.

Backups:

??
    Barbosa
    ??
    ??
    ??
    You also forgot to mention, Luke Walton isn't coaching that team, but a kid from a Make a Wish event. Man, we stink.

I have two fears:

1. This team is bad enough to get a top 5 pick.

2. Dell won't accept that and trades away our pick before the trade deadline.

Curry
    Brandon Rush
    James McAdoo
    Draymond Green
    Festus Ezeli

Backups:

??
    Barbosa
    ??
    ??
    ??
    Cp3 25 mins Pablo gettin 30 mins

JJ

Dawson

Blake

Smith

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Cp3 25 mins Pablo gettin 30 mins

JJ

Dawson

Blake

Smith
    Yes. Would be a sad frog for any team going through this injury madness. Nobody is deep enough for this.

I have resigned myself to is not having a shot at Durant, so our best bet to land our 2nd big player might just be what you are saying. Either way, we this is a LATElottery team, so we need to plan accordingly.
    Unless you shut Jrue/Reke/AD down for the season, no way we land top 5.

Very eager to see what happen when Reke back early Dec, maybe he is the different maker everyone underestimated.

I'm warning you just give up on being logical I already did. Even though 99% agree with you there is a few that just don't understand the injury factor and will ignore that in every way possible and beat their fist at nauseum to blow everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I'm warning you just give up on being logical I already did. Even though 99% agree with you there is a few that just don't understand the injury factor and will ignore that in every way possible and beat their fist at nauseum to blow everything up.
    It's ad nauseam, and this isn't just injuries.

Mmmk

If this season does turn bad which I don't think it will then I would love to get Simmons of course. If we don't land the first pick I would rather trade for Boogie Cousins or Paul George. Either one of those guys would be exactly what we need. Cousins would give us the most dominant big man duo hands down and even rival some of the best of all time. George would be great giving us one of the top SFs in the NBA at our weakest position. I think both could be had for a lottery pick and the only way I wouldn't move it for them is if we had the 1st pick with the shot to get Simmons. So I guess I would hold onto the pick until after we see where we place in the lottery but like I said both players I think could be had for a lottery pick towards the top and would rather go that route instead of hoping one of those players turns out to be what is expected. Trade for Cousins and sign Barnes now that would be one hell of an offseason giving us a championship contending team if you ask me.

I think both Paul george or cousins would cost more than a lottery pick, regardless a jrue tyreke george ad asik lineup could be devastatingly good, both offensively and defensively.

What lineup is better?

Jrue tyreke george ad asik
    Jrue tyreke qpon ad cousins

Trade for cousins, sign bradley beal

Jrue beal tyreke ad cousins

Championship.

Damnit people

We lost 3 games we shouldn't have.

That's not the end of the world.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Yes it's tank time. Go ahead and move Ryno and Gordon. Get younger and faster by any means necessary. Get whatever you can for them. Don't be picky. Let Tyreke rest until he's fully healthy. Keep Jrue on the minute restriction. If the team makes a run because AD starts going off then that's cool. But this team needs to start finding their true identity. Most of the guys on this roster won't be here when the team is ready and if they are playing like this it doesn't make since to keep them around. Try to groom/find ADs true supporting cast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another fail from demps, how long it gonna take until we realize he is part of the problem?

Jrue or Noel and Payton?

We all know what the correct answer is.

Thread Information