Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank?

This is a disgusting thread. Stuff happens man and it's only 4 games in with players starting for us that shouldn't even be in the league and some aren't anymore with N. Robinson. How about we talk about things we've observed about the first 4 games as far as plays ran, guys playing with low energy (fatigue, learning the system and overthinking it, or just laziness?) or something else constructive. Guess I might have to leave the forum until we start winning to avoid things like this.

I'm not up on the hottest prospects, so besides Ben Simmons, who else is a clear cut top 5 pick?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Oh Jesus.
    We're in the same league as Lakers, Brooklyn & Philly.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Bill Simmons was fired by ESPN.

What makes you think he'd play for the Pelicans?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Oh Jesus.
    We're in the same league as Lakers, Brooklyn & Philly.
    yep...kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet603 View Post
    Less than 5% of the season has been played.

A lot of Saints fans were thinking we wouldn't win 4 games after how their season started. Now people are talking playoffs and even slim hopes of winning the division.

Let's see what our record is like after maybe 20 games.
    Quit comparing apples to oranges. Wait I did find something in common Saints have no defense either,

Dell would just trade the pick for a young vet anyway. How's Jordan Clarkson Looking these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Dell would just trade the pick for a young vet anyway. How's Jordan Clarkson Looking these days?
    Lol this made my day. Thanks, how do I pay you? Do you have a PayPal?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Here’s a look at the four teams since 1999-2000 that started 0-5 yet still made the playoffs that year.

2001-02: Philadelphia 76ers (finished 43-39; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)
    2003-04: Miami Heat (finished 42-40; lost in the semifinals of the conference playoffs)
    2004-05: Chicago Bulls (finished 47-35; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)
    2007-08: Washington Wizards (finished 43-39; lost in the first round of the conference playoffs)

If we are going to be lottery bound, we might want to make it count. I submit sucking for Simmons. Get Batman his Robin.

Let's pump the breaks folks. I get that it's been a bad start, but seriously. Five games.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll never in favor of the T-word, but this is a great year to do so for some team out there. Simmons would put us or anyone on game.

Even if we have Simmons, we don't have a Big 3, but we certainly have a Big 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I'm not up on the hottest prospects, so besides Ben Simmons, who else is a clear cut top 5 pick?
    Labissiere looks like nerlens and would be a fantastic piece next to anthony davis. Probably not better than Simmons in a vacuum, but alongside AD he would be ideal. Dragan Bender packs a lot of punch, and the coolest name ever. The Pelicans wouldn't even have to be the worst team, any pick in the top 6 would net us a very good player. Worst case scenario is getting someone like Jamaal Murray at 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy King View Post
    Labissiere looks like nerlens and would be a fantastic piece next to anthony davis. Probably not better than Simmons in a vacuum, but alongside AD he would be ideal. Dragan Bender packs a lot of punch, and the coolest name ever. The Pelicans wouldn't even have to be the worst team, any pick in the top 6 would net us a very good player. Worst case scenario is getting someone like Jamaal Murray at 5-6.
    I nearly choked on this Tootsie Roll after reading your name. Billy King, if that isn't a name that haunts some halls. Don't ever change.

As for your prognosis of the players, I agree. We don't need to land the #1 overall to get our impact guy. This might be the deepest draft in the last few years.

I nearly choked on this Tootsie Roll after reading your name. Billy King, if that isn't a name that haunts some halls. Don't ever change.

As for your prognosis of the players, I agree. We don't need to land the #1 overall to get our impact guy. This might be the deepest draft in the last few years.
    2017 will be even better.

2017 will be even better.
    And if not in 2017, 2018 will be better.

Besides Simmons and Skal my next 3 fave are Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown and Damian Jones.

Who would y'all take of those 3?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Besides Simmons and Skal my next 3 fave are Ingram, Brown and Jones.

Who would y'all take of those 3?
    Dragan Bender.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Even if we have Simmons, we don't have a Big 3, but we certainly have a Big 2.
    That would be good enough for the time being.

Dragan Bender.
    Isnt he a power forward? He's listed at 7ft 215 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That would be good enough for the time being.
    Yeah, and when Simmons is ready to be Option B, will be 2 years from now, and we will have a new coach. This team is a mess, and it's so sad.

Yeah, and when Simmons is ready to be Option B, will be 2 years from now, and we will have a new coach. This team is a mess, and it's so sad.
    Tom Thibadeau still avail?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Tom Thibadeau still avail?
    You remember when people were saying, "We are saving our strength for Portland." Then is was, " Portland was healthier." Then it was, "Well GS is setting everyone on fire." Then it was, "Well it's only 4 games." And then it was, "but we took them to the buzzer." Now it's, ...?

There is always an excuse, but the fact is we are 0-6, and we are worse than we were last year (healthy or not).

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Isnt he a power forward? He's listed at 7ft 215 pounds.
    but he is basically a less athletic AD. no one would say 2 ADs next to each other would be bad.

Thread Information