Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tank?

Stuff Tank?

Dell Demps was just extended. He has his desired coaching staff in place. He knows this current roster is not a championship team. He owns a first round pick for the first time since 2013. Does the franchise tank for an opportunity to get Ben Simmons, Skal Labissiere, Malik Newman, Jaylen Brown or Jamal Murray in the 2016 draft?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

dang after only 4 games in?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I did predict 52 wins. Can I adjust that to 48 Dawg?

Why not? Last 10 years Western Conference teams that started 0-4 made the playoffs 1-11 times. So talk it up, unless Demps trades the pick for Joel Embiid; or some other broken product.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I did predict 52 wins. Can I adjust that to 48 Dawg?
    If dudes keep getting hurt... you still may be overshooting them a bit.

Maybe we can make a playoff run this year, get a draft pick between 10-18, get someone with a couple college years ready to contribute off the bench, let Gordon and Ryno walk if they get offered more than we are willing to risk, throw all our $$$ at Durant or Al Horford. If we land Horford, move Asik for a Jeff Green level SF.... win?

Tanking now isn't going to make us a contender for the top FA's next offseason.

Demps used Monty as a scapegoat for all his mistakes. Monty isn't a great coach, but he was not the primary problem. A coaching change with this same roster wasn't a solution. Demps needed to go. Can't belueve he got an extension. I hope the organization doesn't allow him to trade the #1 for another poorly researched discard.

If we don't make the playoffs you couldn't cut a check big enough to get Durant here. Heck, you miss the playoffs, and AD might check to see if there is an escape clause in his contract.

jrue holliday, dj augustin.... tony wroten?

harrison barnes

ben simmons

anthony davis

noah, sullinger.....

fml i spent years following this franchise whilst they tank.. do i really have to watch them tank again

Quote Originally Posted by king a View Post
    Why? 2016 NBA draft should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Why? 2016 NBA draft should be good.
    we did not just give away a 180 million or however much it is to tank

Hell I don't want to tank and honestly don't see anyway possible when our roster is healthy we will anywhere near that. Now if key players continue to get hurt along with maybe even Davis missing a stretch of time then yes I'm all for it. Ben Simmons is going to be the real deal and would be a dream to have him and AD paired together. People need to remember Davis is only 22 and if we did something like this it would be very similar to the Thunder and Warriors. Look how good that has worked out for them. My expectations were high this season but that was with a healthy roster that I still think even when fully healthy is a year away from getting the real pieces and core together we need to start the path of being great.

Less than 5% of the season has been played.

A lot of Saints fans were thinking we wouldn't win 4 games after how their season started. Now people are talking playoffs and even slim hopes of winning the division.

Let's see what our record is like after maybe 20 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Maybe we can make a playoff run this year, get a draft pick between 10-18, get someone with a couple college years ready to contribute off the bench, let Gordon and Ryno walk if they get offered more than we are willing to risk, throw all our $$$ at Durant or Al Horford. If we land Horford, move Asik for a Jeff Green level SF.... win?

Tanking now isn't going to make us a contender for the top FA's next offseason.
    if we can make a playoffs, assuming 7-8th place - our pick will be in the range 16-21. not 10-18.

it is just 4 games. we have 13 left in November
    ATL, at DAL, DAL, at ATL, at TOR, at NY, DEN, at OKC, SA, PHX, at PHX, at LA, at UTA

it might be better/worse (choose one)
    Evaluate then. All the guys should be back.

Quote Originally Posted by jwashb9999 View Post
    Demps used Monty as a scapegoat for all his mistakes. Monty isn't a great coach, but he was not the primary problem. A coaching change with this same roster wasn't a solution. Demps needed to go. Can't belueve he got an extension. I hope the organization doesn't allow him to trade the #1 for another poorly researched discard.
    Totally agree

IF it makes anyone feel better, the Bulls with their coaching change just gave up 130 to the Hornets minus MKG.

I missed the positivity

People need to realize that tanking for a draft player sets the franchise back at least 3 years. Do we really want that? Rookies take time to develop.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    People need to realize that tanking for a draft player sets the franchise back at least 3 years. Do we really want that? Rookies take time to develop.
    The Spurs won a title in Duncan's 2nd year

for tank lovers

http://www.tankathon.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Ben Simmons please.

Thread Information