Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it true ?

"Primetime" Radio Host

Is it true ?

Boy, that didn't take long.

One harmless post, and there have been more views to my original post on this message board than tickets sold for your New Orleans Hornets.

No wonder they call it the Big Easy....you guys are E-Z.

By the way, can you confirm that Martins sold another season ticket today ?

I guess that makes it 2,063.

Captain Kirk said it best....you guys are right on schedule.

Keep up the good work boys.

If we sold one more ticket today, that would be 1 more than listened to your "show".

Go get your Daddy to start looking for a job for you since you will no longer have an NBA team to talk about.

Re: Is it true ?

Originally posted by Mark Packer

By the way, can you confirm that Martins sold another season ticket today ?

I guess that makes it 2,063.

That's about 1,963 more watts than your station is pushing. Hell, you should just talk into a CB, you'd double your audience.

I heard you were pretty popular down on the "girly" end of Bourbon St. You may call yourself Pacman, they are calling you{edited}

Edited! C'mon coach. I did it for the team. I did not mean to pick up a "T". He threw the first punch.

Re: Re: Is it true ?

Originally posted by spongey

That's about 1,963 more watts than your station is pushing. Hell, you should just talk into a CB, you'd double your audience.
    That's one of the funniest comebacks I've ever read.

What was it Bobby Knight said to Jeremy Schaap? Oh yeah, I think it was along the lines of "You've got along way to go before your as good as your father." I think the same can easily be said of Mr. Fudge-Packer here. His dad is a 100% class act, and I doubt you'd find him being a smart ****** on a fans message board. Get a blood test Billy, I think someone may have gotten in there after you did.
    the Legend has spoken!

Originally posted by Adam the Legend
    What was it Bobby Knight said to Jeremy Schaap? Oh yeah, I think it was along the lines of "You've got along way to go before your as good as your father." I think the same can easily be said of Mr. Fudge-Packer here. His dad is a 100% class act, and I doubt you'd find him being a smart ****** on a fans message board. Get a blood test Billy, I think someone may have gotten in there after you did.
    Right between the eyes!!! BANG. You hit it on the head Legend.

He has the perfect mug for radio. I was joking about the wrong side of Bourbon Street, but I think I may have hit on something after looking at him.

Draft Pick
    Packer

Banned
    Mark, surely you can dispense with the so-called "wise" cracks.

Don Henley said it best, "We all know that crap is king/Give us dirty laundry."

Try some substance over style once in a while. You'd be amazed how much respect you'd get in return.

Brad

I like this Packer guy, mabey once we find out who gets the radio rights for the New Orleans Hornets he can put in an aplication

Whatever!

Thanks for sharing packer. It is true, you are a small-time, wannabe sports expert.

I'm not so sure this is Packer. I mean why would a forty something Eddie Munster looking goon be on a New Orleans message board? I would think that he would have something better to do than write unfunny remarks to a bunch of nerds (like me). It is hard to believe that a guy who is paid to be on the "cutting edge" and sharp of tongue, is so easily bested by a bunch of amateurs. I love how he writes.."you guys are so sensative." He may as well write, "thank god you guys can't see me crying." Terribly weak whoever you are. And if you are in fact Packer then... terribly weak whoever you are.
    You just better have a damn good conductor.

Hall of Famer

Re: Is it true ?

Originally posted by Mark Packer
    Boy, that didn't take long.

One harmless post, and there have been more views to my original post on this message board than tickets sold for your New Orleans Hornets.

No wonder they call it the Big Easy....you guys are E-Z.
    Ah ... I understand. Mr. Packer is a troll. That really is amusing. We have several Charlotte posters on here who contribute thoughtful and interesting articles. Because of them, the board is a better place. But Mark Packer, a professional sports journalist (of a sort) can only think of petty little flames to try to incite defensive responses on a board dedicated to something he professes to believe will never take place. With all the sports going on in this country at the moment, you would think a man who makes his living talking about it would be too preoccupied to waste his time this way.

Way to aim high, "Packman," but, by all means lets trade insults. Mocking you is fun and you seem to bring out the best in comedy from the people here. I know I've been laughing.

btw- I wonder if Bob Costas spends his off-air time at the Winter Olympics trolling Canadian ice hockey boards.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Hey, coullion, whatever. I just put you on the ignore list. Guess that is one less view you will be getting! :tears:

Time for some football!!!

Originally posted by West Coast Hornet

Hey, coullion, whatever. I just put you on the ignore list. Guess that is one less view you will be getting! :tears:
    You arE throwing these knuckleheads off with the coullion thing. I like it. They don't know if they should be insulted or proud. Lets leave it that way.

PS. Packer, in your case-DEFINITELY AN INSULT.

Guys, the worst thing a putz like Packer can stand is to be ignored. Forget the worthless bum. He doesn't even measure up to navel lint or toe cheese.

Originally posted by Bad Andy
    He doesn't even measure up to navel lint or toe cheese.
    Kind of overstating the obvious Andy.

The Franchise
    Bevis and Butthead have more insight and sports knowledge than the Fudge Packer.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Next time the loser posts, do not reply to it. He doesn't even deserve a response. He is worse than my 2 year old. My god.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

I would want to take advantage of the ignore feature, but I like being able to see him make an @$$ out of himself.

You guys do realize that by flipping out like you guys are, you only prove his points about being E-Z. I've only gotten to listen to Packs show a few times since I live in NJ, and no way is this guy a minor leaguer. He knows how to cause a stir and it brings out the best in you guys. Man, I really hope this thing comes to an end one way or another real soon. It seems no matter which way you look at the whole situation, every party is having their own problems. NO can't sell tickets, Charlotte's bouncing back and forth with momentum, the NBA is playing mind games. It's anyones game right now, that's all I can say. If this happens, then they stay in Charlotte, if that happens, then they're moving to NOLA, if this one thing happens, they'll be headed somewhere else. It's not gonna end and no one's gonna have any conclusions till the relocation committie comes out and gives its response to the request.

Thread Information