Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue says he'll be ready for camp

Pelicans Jrue says he'll be ready for camp

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Wonder if it will be on a min. count again...and if it is, I am fine with that. Give him 20 min a game, rotate Cole and Reke at the pg spot, for a few weeks or a month.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dell Demps on Jrue Holiday’s health status: “He just went through a workout and is in phenomenal shape. We’re going to be smart and cautious with him. One of the good things about this team is we have depth, so we’re not going to come out and ask Jrue to play 35 to 40 minutes a game. We’re going to be smart not only now, but through training camp and early in the season, to gauge where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Dell Demps on Jrue Holiday’s health status: “He just went through a workout and is in phenomenal shape. We’re going to be smart and cautious with him. One of the good things about this team is we have depth, so we’re not going to come out and ask Jrue to play 35 to 40 minutes a game. We’re going to be smart not only now, but through training camp and early in the season, to gauge where he is.
    Is this part of a bigger article? Please share the link if you have one

SO I think Tyreke starts at pg until January

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Is this part of a bigger article? Please share the link if you have one
    Not really.

Just hoopshype rumours.

http://hoopshype.com/team/new-orleans-pelicans/

Thanks ^

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    SO I think Tyreke starts at pg until January
    Unless Jrue has a setback I think Jrue starts. Just won't play a ton of minutes. JMO

Unless Jrue has a setback I think Jrue starts. Just won't play a ton of minutes. JMO
    I don't see it, having a guy only playing around 25-30 mins a game we will need him in late game critical situations. So wasting early minutes with him starting isn't smart.

9-11-2015

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...l#incart_river

Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said last week that Holiday will be under restrictions that involves practicing just once a day when two-a-day practices are scheduled for their upcoming camp.

There's also the possibility that Holiday could remain on minute restrictions throughout the preseason and regular season.
    Gentry not going to rush it and repeat what happened last season. He will be brought in slllooowly.

I don't see it, having a guy only playing around 25-30 mins a game we will need him in late game critical situations. So wasting early minutes with him starting isn't smart.
    I don't think the end of game rotation changes no matter if Jrue starts or not. He could easily be subbed out after the first 4 minutes of play and not come back in until 8 min into the 2nd and play til the half and repeat that for the 2nd half which would add up to 24 mins a game. It will all go based off of situations and matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    I don't think the end of game rotation changes no matter if Jrue starts or not. He could easily be subbed out after the first 4 minutes of play and not come back in until 8 min into the 2nd and play til the half and repeat that for the 2nd half which would add up to 24 mins a game. It will all go based off of situations and matchups.
    Pretty much. And you want Jrue to play as many minutes as possible with the same guys he will be logging minutes with when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Pretty much. And you want Jrue to play as many minutes as possible with the same guys he will be logging minutes with when healthy.
    Exactly. Which is why he is probably on the court at the start and end of the game in my opinion so he can gel in the new system with the rest of the starters and finishers (If Anderson finishes).

First 7-8 minutes of 1st Quarter. Last 6-7 minutes of 2nd Quarter.
    First 7-8 minutes of 3rd Quarter. Last 6-7 minutes of Game (if needed).
    Total = 26-30 minutes

I would also go with no back to back games as long as our other alternatives are injury free.

Check out @BDawsonWrites's Tweet:
    You still think that?
    https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/st...399359488?s=09

Wow 15 mins?

Wow 15 mins?
    They don't want him to get hurt again

Check out @BDawsonWrites's Tweet:
    You still think that?
    https://twitter.com/BDawsonWrites/st...399359488?s=09
    Never herd of bdawson. Is he a part of the organization or just a reporter. Where did he get this info from and how does he know ot will be until January. With that said I wad thinking that playing more than 5 min at a time might be pushing it if you are teying to evaluate a player. 5 NBA minutes can be tough in a fast paced offense. I think we will see players subbed out quicker than usual anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

They don't want him to get hurt again
    I get that, but 15 mins is about (less than) 4 min per quarter. I guess that's enough if he's playing at the break-neck pace that AG wants.

Never herd of bdawson. Is he a part of the organization or just a reporter. Where did he get this info from and how does he know ot will be until January. With that said I wad thinking that playing more than 5 min at a time might be pushing it if you are teying to evaluate a player. 5 NBA minutes can be tough in a fast paced offense. I think we will see players subbed out quicker than usual anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    He just started with the advocate to cover the pels 2 weeks ago

I get that, but 15 mins is about (less than) 4 min per quarter. I guess that's enough if he's playing at the break-neck pace that AG wants.
    It sounds like he will be used as back up pg during the first half and be let loose the second half.

Some good tweets on that feed.

He just started with the advocate to cover the pels 2 weeks ago
    What's his previous credibility? I would think with Gentry doing an interview with Joel and Dell doing a short conference in the last week or so they sould have given specifics themselves if they wanted it to be known to the press/public. What's your thoughts on it? Think that it's trustworthy or a possible reach?

Thread Information