Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD up to 253 Pounds

AD up to 253 Pounds

Entering his fourth pro season, the 22-year-old has worked to add more muscle and bulk to his frame. As a result, with training camp one month away, the 6-foot-10 Davis is 12 pounds heavier than he was last season, up to 253, while maintaining 10 percent body fat.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/ant...athletic-frame

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's not even 6'10" anymore.

I could literally die of excitement right now. I type this like anyone who types that sentence types, in bed with a poker face. But srsly though, his main problem was still shying away from contact. Taking that away, I would estimate, would lead to an extra 2-3 points a game alone

Btw, is 10 percent body fat good? I always thought the 7-8% range was better, reports said Dwight was at 3-6%, though it was probably a lie

Edit: I just saw this
    "He’s going to be stronger, faster, quicker and more explosive this year,” said Sumerlin, who has also emphasized core strength. “He talks about it all the time. He feels it. His trunk stability is a huge thing. Whenever he has been down low with the big guys, he kind of collapses (at his midsection). He’s starting to understand how to use his body more efficiently now.”

Oh, and btw, Tim Duncan is 256 pounds, Kevin love is 240 pounds, Blake is 251 pounds, etc.
    I want him to get to 260, might be too much, but it would basically mean he could guard anyone, one problem with this is that we have to look at weight per mass. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 6ft 10 and 240 pounds is stronger than a 7ft 240 pounds
    Last edited by DanceWithDavis; 08-27-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Under 9% is where you start to get unhealthy and just plain dangerous if you are active.

Aint he like 7'1 now?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

He is basically the same size as Alonzo, who was a legit center in the golden age of centers
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is basically the same size as Alonzo, who was a legit center in the golden age of centers
    In height?
    Alonzo mourning is listed as 6ft 10 and looks like it. Davis towers over 6ft 9.5 cousins
    Last edited by DanceWithDavis; 08-27-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    In height?
    Alonzo mourning is listed as 6ft 10 and looks like it. Davis towers over 6ft 9.5 cousins
    Alonzo Mourning
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

In my weight analysis of big men in the league 250 was the magical weight that seemed to separate PFs from Centers. Hope he is still as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    In my weight analysis of big men in the league 250 was the magical weight that seemed to separate PFs from Centers. Hope he is still as fast.
    He was also quoted to be quicker, more explosive,and faster
    Last edited by DanceWithDavis; 08-27-2015 at 02:26 PM.

(...)new Pelicans head strength and conditioning coach Jason Sumerlin(...)

another new member of the 'coaching' staff

Stay right at 253... no more than 255. That's perfect for him.

The beauty of it is he is still lean, even with the extra weight. There was a debate a few months back about his weight, and I pretty much nailed it in a post, but I'm too lazy to dig it up.

255-260 .. as long as he still feels quick and light on his feet.

He is at least 7' tall now. He should own it. His coach isn't going to switch him to center just because they update his stats on paper.

Let the fans know the truth!

It's much more fun to have a 7 footer going coast to coast than a 6'10" guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It still doesn't matter as much what his weight is, but where it is. They are smart to strengthen his core. The more strength in his legs, butt, and abs the better.

I still wouldn't want him banging against the likes of a Bogut, Hibbert, Lopez Bros., Gortat. Not even at 253. Players are generally bigger, stronger, faster than they were 20 years ago across all sports.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I think the appropriate question is:

Will he lose mass/weight during the season as he seemed to last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    I think the appropriate question is:

Will he lose mass/weight during the season as he seemed to last year?
    most likely, but other players will too - it's all relative. more concerned with his core strength than his weight

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    most likely, but other players will too - it's all relative. more concerned with his core strength than his weight
    Indeed. Core strength will allow him to absorb the contact and play through it.

The parade is on Canal st right?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Indeed. Core strength will allow him to absorb the contact and play through it.
    Any stay healthier

It's the offseason and he's bulking, he won't stay 253 throughout the whole season.

Anyways this is awesome news. If he is at 9% body fat, he's still lean. He'll be even stronger and more explosive, blake griffin like.

plus look at AD's shoulder width and arm length, he has the frame and length to put on weight in a good way and still stay extremely explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    plus look at AD's shoulder width and arm length, he has the frame and length to put on weight in a good way and still stay extremely explosive.
    Let's just be honest here, the guy is a genetic freak with a word class work ethic, two things which combine together maybe once or twice a generation and we hit the friggin lottery of lotteries getting this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Let's just be honest here, the guy is a genetic freak with a word class work ethic, two things which combine together maybe once or twice a generation and we hit the friggin lottery of lotteries getting this kid.
    We hit the lottery of lotteries... Very well said. Seems too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Any stay healthier
    This. So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    And we have him until he's at least 29.

With his generational talent and work ethic, he has a real chance at being the GOAT

Thread Information