Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Holiday update

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Holiday update

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Fletcher burned.

Fletcher Mackel is so ****ing annoying. Pretty much everyone is advocating for minutes restrictions and general caution with Jrue. But when it comes out that that is the Pelicans' plan, his reaction is "very very bad news!"

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    Fletcher Mackel is so ****ing annoying. Pretty much everyone is advocating for minutes restrictions and general caution with Jrue. But when it comes out that that is the Pelicans' plan, his reaction is "very very bad new!"
    Follow Fletch for teh Lolz and nothing more.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    In other news, Anthony Davis is 253lbs on just 10% body fat.

NBA, be warned.

It's pathetic when the fans take the news better than a sports writer who should know better.

This is the reason I don't even waste my time with local sports coverage. The internet is just plan better.

Not to side with Fletcher, but if Jrue were 100% he wouldn't have a minutes restriction, right? And it's not good news if he's not 100% after 4ish months of rest. That said, if he's 100% by the middle or end of the season, I couldn't care less about early season minutes restrictions.

I agree with ML wave. Call it want you want, but 14 other players on the roster will not be on a minutes restriction this year. This does not MEAN anything at this point. We are being cautious, which makes sense.

HOWEVER, the fact that we are still at a point where we need to be cautious is concerning. Very concerning.

To state otherwise is simply lying to the man in the mirror.

At this point, we HOPE that restricting his minutes and bringing him along slowly will prevent a re-occurrence of the injury.

Only time will give us this answer. Here to wishing for the best.

P.S. - Does this revelation mean that Reke will be starting? Normally when I think of minutes restriction I think of coming off the bench, not starting. I know it could play out either way, but I believe bench would be the norm.
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 08-27-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Banned
    I agree with Fletcher. If the injury isn't a lingering issue, there is no need for him to be limited. If he's limited, the injury is a lingering issue. If the injury is a lingering issues, that is very very bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's pathetic when the fans take the news better than a sports writer who should know better.

This is the reason I don't even waste my time with local sports coverage. The internet is just plan better.
    A guy limited over a year out from what was a minor issue isn't concerning? It's not the writer reacting wrong, it appears to be fans in denial. This is not good. Hopefully he pulls out, but this is not good news.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    A guy limited over a year out from what was a minor issue isn't concerning? It's not the writer reacting wrong, it appears to be fans in denial. This is not good. Hopefully he pulls out, but this is not good news.
    Pulls through. Hopefully he pulls *through*.

Unless...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by -jlam- View Post

Unless...
    Lmao. Good catch. My bad.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -jlam- View Post

Unless...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I agree with Fletcher. If the injury isn't a lingering issue, there is no need for him to be limited. If he's limited, the injury is a lingering issue. If the injury is a lingering issues, that is very very bad.
    The bad news is that Jrue has a stress injury that could potentially effect him long term. But we've know that for quite some time now. To me, the good news is that they're being cautious with it. Even if we assume he is 100%, I would want them to be very cautious. Because its about keeping him at 100%. The question isn't whether Jrue can be 100% to start the season. The question is whether or not he can stay at full strength for 82 games. In my opinion (and, from the sound of it, the organizations opinion) the best way to accomplish that is to be cautious and not immediately throw him back into playing 30+ minutes per night.

And then Fletcher starts talking about the draft picks they gave up. Again, things we already know and are over and done (and have been for a long time). Its just irrelevant to the situation. He's not even reacting to the news. He's just taking it as an opportunity to push his opinion that the trade was bad.
    Last edited by PhilJFry; 08-27-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Think about it this way, if PG13 can recover to 100% then so can jrue with the right patience, medical staff and rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Think about it this way, if PG13 can recover to 100% then so can jrue with the right patience, medical staff and rehab
    A full break is better than a stress fracture because it fully heals and makes the bone stronger. Jrue on the hand is structural damage and may cause long term issues.

1-6

He had surgery this offseason to remove one of the screws. It should have been expected he would be limited and slowly eased in.

it looks like this is nothing new for Gentry. based on his quotes Evans was mentioned much more times than Holiday. He was planning this from the beginning.
    So my gut feeling is that Reke will be our starting PG this season and Jrue will be some kind of the 6th guy (see Oleh article on TBW).

Then after some time it will change.
    We have a deep roster so it may not cause such a big problems.

Of course when we assume that Jrue will take part and not sit out the training camp...

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    A full break is better than a stress fracture because it fully heals and makes the bone stronger. Jrue on the hand is structural damage and may cause long term issues.
    if that was so, then why dont we just break his bone and let it heal

Jrue has been one big injury nightmare for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    if that was so, then why dont we just break his bone and let it heal
    that is exactly what i thought

I wonder if there would be this much optimism if this were an Eric Gordon thread. Jrue being on minutes restriction and the news that he was damaged goods in Philly really concerns me. I hope the Pels have a back-up plan when this dude gets hurt again.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I wonder if there would be this much optimism if this were an Eric Gordon thread. Jrue being on minutes restriction and the news that he was damaged goods in Philly really concerns me. I hope the Pels have a back-up plan when this dude gets hurt again.
    Ding ding ding. Winner.

It is odd the unbelievable PASS that Jrue gets with the fan base, versus EG. It is truly amazing.

Are that many people still holding on to the "heart in Phoenix" issues?

At this point, EG has ALREADY played more games since Jrue has been a pelican, and he is no longer "restricted"

Yet the unyielding general consensus is that EG is injury prone and Jrue will be back better than ever!!

My questino is.... why? How ?

Seriously, we find out earlier this year that he had this issue BEFORE joining us, making for THREE STRAIGHT years he has been injured in the EXACT SAME SPOT. Last year's great FIX -- put the screw in --- that's the ticket.... This year -- yeah, taking the screw OUT will fix the issue.. Trust us, we are doctors..........

So the guy just had surgery, is still restricted, ---- but once again EG - injury prone and JH - better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    Ding ding ding. Winner.

It is odd the unbelievable PASS that Jrue gets with the fan base, versus EG. It is truly amazing.

Are that many people still holding on to the "heart in Phoenix" issues?

At this point, EG has ALREADY played more games since Jrue has been a pelican, and he is no longer "restricted"

Yet the unyielding general consensus is that EG is injury prone and Jrue will be back better than ever!!

My questino is.... why? How ?

Seriously, we find out earlier this year that he had this issue BEFORE joining us, making for THREE STRAIGHT years he has been injured in the EXACT SAME SPOT. Last year's great FIX -- put the screw in --- that's the ticket.... This year -- yeah, taking the screw OUT will fix the issue.. Trust us, we are doctors..........

So the guy just had surgery, is still restricted, ---- but once again EG - injury prone and JH - better than ever.
    I mean Jrue didn't run his mouth like Gordon did. You can say people are "still holding on to it." But from a fans view; missing games, acting like you don't want to be here, and being on a max contract is way worse than just missing games.

Secondly, I don't think there are many people who aren't concerned about Jrue's injury. And I don't see many people that are claiming he'll magically better. Its just a hell of a lot easier pulling for a guy who seems to be doing all the right things.
    Last edited by PhilJFry; 08-28-2015 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information