Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pels sign Jeff Adrien

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar

Pels sign Jeff Adrien

@DanielVeuleman

That makes 14 right, only a spot for Cole left. How strange, we usually leave a little wiggle room. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CMS1717 View Post
    That makes 14 right, only a spot for Cole left. How strange, we usually leave a little wiggle room. Any thoughts?
    I don't think BD Jones' contract is guaranteed so there is still wiggle room there. Not sure the details of this deal yet, but it could be unguaranteed as well

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Bench filler.

I doubt he makes the final roster.

I dont know why anyone ever signs Jeff Adrien.

let's talk about him again if (when) he will be on our roster on the opening day of new season

The Jeff is dead.

Long live the Jeff.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I can't even pretend I know who this is..

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    I don't think BD Jones' contract is guaranteed so there is still wiggle room there. Not sure the details of this deal yet, but it could be unguaranteed as well
    Both are unguaranteed.

Tbh, a decent signing imo
    Looks like a decent defender. He doesn't have a very good def box plus, thpugh generally, in the past few years it has been positive enough

L, but his on off numbers ar very good. Other than a few bad seasons, it seems he usually is around -5 offensive rating for the opponents while he is on the floor, despite being massively undersized (he played pf and center, while being 6ft 7)
    Inept offensively, especially considering his position.
    Judging from the fact that his worst season, (though in raw stats it was his best season)
    Was with milwakew, where he averaged 25 minutes a game, it seems that he thrives
    And is primarily effective in seasons where he plays around 5-13

minutes a game.
    He is a very good rebounder for his size. He averages 12 per 36 minutes. Also, he can do this consistently enough,
    As he averages 7.8 rebounds in 25 minutes with milwakee, good for 11 per 36.
    12 per 36 is a very good sign
    Inept offensively, but according to on-off, not as much as his stats show

He has improved in the pas few years, and imo he seems like a passable bench player, especially considering his spot in the rotation.
    Decent defender and very good rebounding pf. Inept offebsively, but hey, he probably will play like, 13 minutes a game at max, so defense would be much more important. A good hustle guy from his rebounding numbers.

Draymond Green was not available
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

The missing piece. I smell Champeenship!!!!!
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

there is a good chance that he doesn't make the roster at all
    but tbh he seems like one of the better options that we can/are willing to afford

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Yo
    still not as good as
    "A"

Looking at the current NBA free agent tracker on NBA.com (IDK how current it is), these are a list of the players I'd rather have than MR. Adrien:

Austin Daye, Robbie Hummel, Vander Blue (he was good at Michigan, and serviceable in the D-League), Landry Fields, Luke Ridnour (in case Cole doesn't sign, sign him after), and Ben Gordon. These are in no particular order. Just makes me wonder what plan the FO is building. We're not really short on 4's and 5's. But we are on 1's (if drew is healthy we have 1.5 ((I count tyreke as a .5 since he's ball dominant and will amend numbers when/if we sign Cole))), 2's (EG is always a huge ? with his injury history, no need for specifics, Tyreke can play 1 or 2 depending on situations, and Pondexter can play the 2 if Reke has to play 1, but that leaves your bench PG slot empty.)

So, please fill me in....What would the rotation look like?
    To me it seems:
    PG- HOliday/[I]Cole[I]/Evans
    SG- Gordon/Evans/Fredette
    SF- Pondexter/Gee/Cunningham/Babbit
    PF- Davis/Anderson/Cunningham/Babbit/Adrien
    C- Asik/ Ajinca/ Perkins

Am I far off?

Fredette is gone

Quote Originally Posted by NOSportsFan View Post
    Looking at the current NBA free agent tracker on NBA.com (IDK how current it is), these are a list of the players I'd rather have than MR. Adrien:

Austin Daye, Robbie Hummel, Vander Blue (he was good at Michigan, and serviceable in the D-League), Landry Fields, Luke Ridnour (in case Cole doesn't sign, sign him after), and Ben Gordon. These are in no particular order. Just makes me wonder what plan the FO is building. We're not really short on 4's and 5's. But we are on 1's (if drew is healthy we have 1.5 ((I count tyreke as a .5 since he's ball dominant and will amend numbers when/if we sign Cole))), 2's (EG is always a huge ? with his injury history, no need for specifics, Tyreke can play 1 or 2 depending on situations, and Pondexter can play the 2 if Reke has to play 1, but that leaves your bench PG slot empty.)

So, please fill me in....What would the rotation look like?
    To me it seems:
    PG- HOliday/[I]Cole[I]/Evans
    SG- Gordon/Evans/Fredette
    SF- Pondexter/Gee/Cunningham/Babbit
    PF- Davis/Anderson/Cunningham/Babbit/Adrien
    C- Asik/ Ajinca/ Perkins

Am I far off?
    The 14th man on your roster will hopefully never have an effect on the FOs plan. That's there plan I think. Beyond that they likely see an NBA talent and are giving him an opportunity to prove his worth.

Is Derek James his agent?

I highly doubt his contract is guaranteed.

Austin Daye. The last time I saw him play he was ALL FREAGGING-WORLD

some things just dont make sense. id take him on this roster since he looked like the second coming of KD last time I watched him

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Is Derek James his agent?

I highly doubt his contract is guaranteed.
    Stats can be deceiving, that's was this shows
    But he is a decent defender, and a very good rebounder. That's not a bad addition by any means.
    He won't be a key player or anything, but tbh considering that he can play the sf spot a little bit, it's not a bad buy.
    He seems to be a good defensive rebounder, judging from his rebound rate statistics
    He has a 23.9 rebound rate on defense, and 27.2 in defense in the last 2 years. That's higher than Duncan, and top 15 in the league.
    His number last year, 29.6, is 6th in the league.
    Our rebounding as a team is pretty good, but that's because of how good our team is at offensive rebounding. In terms of defensive rebound rate, we are only marginally above average

Furthermore, our defensive rebounding, coupled with inexperience, is also one possible reason why we got swept. We ranked dead last in defensive rebounding rate in the playoffs, at 69%. In comparison, the celtics, with Kelly olynk and co, had a 71% rebound rate on defense, and they were 2nd worst.

Our offensive rebounding was actually solid. We were 6th in the playoffs in that regard

Will Jeff adrien completely solve this problem? Probably not. Is he a low risk, high reward player that could help us in this area? Yeah
    Last edited by DanceWithDavis; 08-26-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    Stats can be deceiving, that's was this shows
    But he is a decent defender, and a very good rebounder. That's not a bad addition by any means.
    He won't be a key player or anything, but tbh considering that he can play the sf spot a little bit, it's not a bad buy.
    He seems to be a good defensive rebounder, judging from his rebound rate statistics
    He has a 23.9 rebound rate on defense, and 27.2 in defense in the last 2 years. That's higher than Duncan, and top 15 in the league.
    His number last year, 29.6, is 6th in the league.
    Our rebounding as a team is pretty good, but that's because of how good our team is at offensive rebounding. In terms of defensive rebound rate, we are only marginally above average

Furthermore, our defensive rebounding, coupled with inexperience, is also one possible reason why we got swept. We ranked dead last in defensive rebounding rate in the playoffs, at 69%. In comparison, the celtics, with Kelly olynk and co, had a 71% rebound rate on defense, and they were 2nd worst.

Our offensive rebounding was actually solid. We were 6th in the playoffs in that regard

Will Jeff adrien completely solve this problem? Probably not. Is he a low risk, high reward player that could help us in this area? Yeah
    Honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Honestly?
    Honestly what? He put his opinion out there backed up by some evidence. We shouldn't knock that we could honestly use more of it.

Thread Information