Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans send Patric Young care package

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Pelicans send Patric Young care package

http://pelicandebrief.com/2015/08/17...-care-package/

Don't think we've seen the last of Pat Young.

Develop your game overseas, then come pick up a roster spot.

definitely interesting - definitely doesnt hurt to keep a good relationship with a guy who can provide some good muscle & athleticism after his season his greece

Yep. I really like Big Pat. I'm so glad we are still keeping in touch with him and keeping that relationship.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Classy move by a classy organization.

If he comes back I WILL be changing my avi again.

Come back King Kong!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    that was a great idea!

Judging from his stats and some higlights
    He is a decent ft shooter, 60%
    Knows his role, shot 60% and 8.7 ppg, decent.
    And per 40 minutes he was 14th in rebounding
    He is 6ft 9, seems quick, and definitely is well built
    He didn't play in the summer league though. I'm not sure if he'll ever be an nba level player, but it's a low risk medium reward kind of thing. He has a good reputation on defense

He averaged 7.5 and 8 in last years summer league btw in 25 minutes. In Europe his scoring went up bait, his rebounding went down a bit, and most of his other stats stayed the same other than big jumps in fg percentage and ft percentage

In the euro league
    He was 4th in the league in offensive rebounds (2.47), and 5th in offensive rebounds per 40 minutes (4.04)
    He was fifth in offensive rebound per game in top 16 (2.29), which I assume is similar to the playoffs, and 21st in per 40 minutes (3.72), (granted some of it was like, a rebound in 8 minutes or something making it 5 per 40 minutes or something)

His scoring also increased after he got used to the league.
    He averaged 6.125 ppg for his first 8 games, and 11 ppg for the remaining 9 games
    (Both were on around 60% shooting)
    He also showed he potential in 2 of those games, scoring 19 points and getting 8 rebounds on 75% shooting, 1 offensive, and scoring 24 on 70% shooting and getting 9 rebounds, 4 offensive, and he did not exceed 34 minutes for either of these games
    The euro league is weird, so 11 a game would be good for top 30 in the league scoring wise, and his 6.41 rebounds per game was good for 7th in the league overall
    Last edited by DanceWithDavis; 08-18-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    what the hell is per 40

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    what the hell is per 40
    Minutes
    Euro league is wiered lol

I remember people being so upset when we dropped him. He seems like a good dude but sometimes you have to trust the pro talent evaluators.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    Judging from his stats and some higlights
    He is a decent ft shooter, 60%
    Knows his role, shot 60% and 8.7 ppg, decent.
    And per 40 minutes he was 14th in rebounding
    He is 6ft 9, seems quick, and definitely is well built
    He didn't play in the summer league though. I'm not sure if he'll ever be an nba level player, but it's a low risk medium reward kind of thing. He has a good reputation on defense
    I do follow him on twitter... and about the time the Summer League rosters were being made he kept tweeting about a "tough decision"... I wonder if the Pelicans asked him to be on the SL roster and he turned it down
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    I do follow him on twitter... and about the time the Summer League rosters were being made he kept tweeting about a "tough decision"... I wonder if the Pelicans asked him to be on the SL roster and he turned it down
    It wasn't the Pels. Another West team had him on their summer league team but he had a pretty sizable offer to play Euro ball.

He initially chose Summer League for a chance at the NBA but I'm guessing the Euro team increased their offer because maybe a week or two later he announced he was forgoing summer league and had signed with his current team.

I totally get it too. Minimum would have been 500k ish if he made an NBA team. He might have gotten 4-5x that amount for a single year in Euro League.

Make enough money to be set for life then chase your dream.

he would get more in the EL but no something like 2 000 000 $. But about 1 million guaranteed is very possible. No matter about the numbers. He remained in Europe.

the team in which he was to play in the summer League were the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    he would get more in the EL but no something like 2 000 000 $. But about 1 million guaranteed is very possible. No matter about the numbers. He remained in Europe.

the team in which he was to play in the summer League were the Suns.
    Joe Ingles signed a 2yr/6m deal to play in Euro League a contract or two before coming to the NBA. I don't think 2m for Big Pat would be out of question. Especially considering he really wanted to come to the NBA.

At the end of the day, the point is he chose more guaranteed money to forgo the NBA.

Thread Information