Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evans working on adding the teardrop

Evans working on adding the teardrop

https://instagram.com/p/6TOTUFPUTC/?...by=tyrekeevans

He shot 28% from 3-10 feet last year, which is 5 or 6 percent too low imo, so anything would help

He was also blocked 112 times last year, so this could help that part of his game as well

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That is an amazing contraption.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That is an amazing contraption.
    It's called "The Gun"

I don't want to jinx it..... but I expect BIG things from Mr. Reke this year.

There's a teardrop/ball return contraption?

Now I've seen it all.

I want that machine

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    There's a teardrop/ball return contraption?

Now I've seen it all.
    It's not a floater machine, it's basically just a rebounding/passing machine that collects data on your shots. Depending on the machine you get it passes all around the perimeter, up to 16 from corner to corner. It works on the arc on your shot as you can adjust the net. You can program how much time between passes the machine makes, you load the machine up with a bunch of balls so it can spit the ball out at you. Etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    It's not a floater machine, it's basically just a rebounding/passing machine that collects data on your shots. Depending on the machine you get it passes all around the perimeter, up to 16 from corner to corner. It works on the arc on your shot as you can adjust the net. You can program how much time between passes the machine makes, you load the machine up with a bunch of balls so it can spit the ball out at you. Etc etc
    How much would one of those machines cost?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    It's called "The Gun"
    Need one of those shooting alone at the gym. Chasing down balls takes time away from shooting.

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooKnight View Post
    Need one of those shooting alone at the gym. Chasing down balls takes time away from shooting.

Sent from my iPad
    i see it as part of the workout
    Then again, im asian and went 0 for 17 on 3s yesterday so I guess my workout kind of sucks
    And yes, my teammates just stopped passing it to me about 15 minutes into the game (and they stopped defending me too)

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    i see it as part of the workout
    Then again, im asian and went 0 for 17 on 3s yesterday so I guess my workout kind of sucks
    And yes, my teammates just stopped passing it to me about 15 minutes into the game (and they stopped defending me too)
    LOL get your stats up man!

Bad shooting days are the worst

It's a gun. It's used for shooters, helps you to get your shot height up (not just tear drops but 3-pointers as well), and it returns the ball to you. The net catches your misses (most of the time ). I used to easily get up 200 shots per day with that machine, so I can only imagine what an NBA player gets up!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    LOL get your stats up man!

Bad shooting days are the worst
    Sadly, it wasn't neccesarily a bad shooting day (normally it's more like 1 for 4)
    Live in Asia though so it's basically average

Now, the time where I managed to go 4 for 50 on free throws was a bad shooting day
    And yes, yes that was a "record"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    I don't want to jinx it..... but I expect BIG things from Mr. Reke this year.
    I agree.

I've been Tyreke's biggest critic since we signed him, but he's shown what he can do to help this team last year. Honestly, I just want him to watch so much film so he can learn from some of the stupid mistakes he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    Sadly, it wasn't neccesarily a bad shooting day (normally it's more like 1 for 4)
    Live in Asia though so it's basically average

Now, the time where I managed to go 4 for 50 on free throws was a bad shooting day
    And yes, yes that was a "record"
    I thought there was no one worse at free throws than me but i tip my hat to you sir

My three point average is usually higher than my free throw average

I thought you were going to say he's working at not causing so many tear drops from fans in late game situations!

But this is good too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Im just glad he has been working hard all off-season. He lost some weight, he's in the gym alone working on this.

Tyreke is just a hardworking, tough dude. Which is why he is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    How much would one of those machines cost?
    a few grand

i got to use one of those machines with one of the teams I coached cause I was acting like we may buy it lol.

it's awesome.

1st and foremost this machine, and even other less sophisticated ones, all have one pivitol feature.... they make you put way more arc on the ball than one normally does. if only people learned to practice that way without the machines, exaggerating their arc in practice that is; for it will eventually come down during game time.

ever notice how it seems like folks shoot better when someone is coming out at them with their hands up- it's cause it forces the shooter to raise their arc, and let's the shooter rely more on muscle memory as opposed to aiming and thinking about how to shoot it right. hell, the goal fits two balls in it side-by-side

2ndly, you can run all sorts of drills with the thing. heck, it will rotate and rapid fire to several players spread out all over the 3-point line.

I'd simply like to see Tyreke pulling up about 5-6 feet from the basket, going straight up and kissing it off the glass.

I mean, the dude gets inside at will, but then it usually ends in an immensely difficult and contested lay-up

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    i got to use one of those machines with one of the teams I coached cause I was acting like we may buy it lol.

it's awesome.

1st and foremost this machine, and even other less sophisticated ones, all have one pivitol feature.... they make you put way more arc on the ball than one normally does. if only people learned to practice that way without the machines, exaggerating their arc in practice that is; for it will eventually come down during game time.

ever notice how it seems like folks shoot better when someone is coming out at them with their hands up- it's cause it forces the shooter to raise their arc, and let's the shooter rely more on muscle memory as opposed to aiming and thinking about how to shoot it right. hell, the goal fits two balls in it side-by-side

2ndly, you can run all sorts of drills with the thing. heck, it will rotate and rapid fire to several players spread out all over the 3-point line.

I'd simply like to see Tyreke pulling up about 5-6 feet from the basket, going straight up and kissing it off the glass.

I mean, the dude gets inside at will, but then it usually ends in an immensely difficult and contested lay-up

Men's basketballs???

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

Men's basketballs???
    can't tell if this is a serious question but if it is...

Yes, ---- two (2) regulation basketballs will fit through the rim at the same time.

Now if only he can work on making that tear drop from behind the 3pt line!

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    can't tell if this is a serious question but if it is...

Yes, ---- two (2) regulation basketballs will fit through the rim at the same time.
    Nope. You're close though. A regulation basketball is 9.4 inches in diameter. The hoop is 18 inches in diameter.

And no I'm never serious, but serious at the same time.

I have a feeling Evan is going to have an All-Star year. So excited .

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I have a feeling Evan is going to have an All-Star year. So excited .
    With the guard talent in the west I think that will be a very tall order but I would be completely fine if he manages to pull it off.

Thread Information