Pelicans Report

Thread: Javale McGee to Dallas

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar

Javale McGee to Dallas

Yay! We get to see him more often and will be an anchor around their necks.

Dallas just got even worse.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Desperate times ......

I actually like this signing. He's a dumb down version of Chandler. What I don't understand is why they didn't just convince Dirk to spend the last few years on a contender and just started the rebuild this year. This Dallas team most likely won't even make the playoffs and or tapped out on cap space.

Maybe just maybe they can get Javale to act right and get completely focused out there on the court......nah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Maybe just maybe they can get Javale to act right and get completely focused out there on the court......nah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    Just like they did with Rondo...

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I actually like this signing. He's a dumb down version of Chandler. What I don't understand is why they didn't just convince Dirk to spend the last few years on a contender and just started the rebuild this year. This Dallas team most likely won't even make the playoffs and or tapped out on cap space.
    They put all of their eggs into the "Deandre" basket. Had they been able to sign DJ their lineup wouldn't have been too bad.

PG - DWILL
    SG - Wes Matthews
    SF - Parsons
    PF - Dirk
    C - Jordan

Of course Wes and Parsons would probably be out for a month or so because of injuries but that's not too bad of a lineup. DJ screwed them, and by the time they found out that DJ changed his mind, the free agent pool had dried up. They're still ticked about that here in DFW (and I love their misery with a passion).
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 08-13-2015 at 05:16 PM.

PG- DWILL
    SG- Wes Matthews
    SF- Parsons
    PF- Dirk
    C- McGee

Not great, but not bad.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    PG- DWILL
    SG- Wes Matthews
    SF- Parsons
    PF- Dirk
    C- McGee

Not great, but not bad.
    I forgot about DWill. Thanks.

credit: JnR

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    They put all of their eggs into the "Deandre" basket. Had they been able to sign DJ their lineup wouldn't have been too bad.

PG - DWILL
    SG - Wes Matthews
    SF - Parsons
    PF - Dirk
    C - Jordan

Of course Wes and Parsons would probably be out for a month or so because of injuries but that's not too bad of a lineup. DJ screwed them, and by the time they found out that DJ changed his mind, the free agent pool had dried up. They're still ticked about that here in DFW (and I love their misery with a passion).
    Yeah missing out on DJ made all the difference. I thought Cuban said if they missed out on Jordan they would have just rebuilt. He should have followed his first mind.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    PG- DWILL
    SG- Wes Matthews
    SF- Parsons
    PF- Dirk
    C- McGee

Not great, but not bad.
    Two guys way past their prime, one of which was inferior to his backup Jarrett Jack last season. Wes probably won't return to full form until 2016-17. Parsons might not play until January. And McGee isn't starting - he might not even play.

In the East, they might compete for a playoff spot, but for at least the first few months of this season, they will be pretty bad IMO. Don't look at the names, look at their current situations. Only good thing they have going for them is Carlisle IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Just like they did with Rondo...
    That trade cost them a possible ship. They were playing the best basketball outside of the Warriors. Then Rondo came and ruin the team.

I love this signing... because I hate Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Two guys way past their prime, one of which was inferior to his backup Jarrett Jack last season. Wes probably won't return to full form until 2016-17. Parsons might not play until January. And McGee isn't starting - he might not even play.

In the East, they might compete for a playoff spot, but for at least the first few months of this season, they will be pretty bad IMO. Don't look at the names, look at their current situations. Only good thing they have going for them is Carlisle IMO
    Given what Dallas is lacking I can see McGee starting when the season opens. Dirk can't defend neither can Williams, and Matthews and Parsons either will be out or no where close to 100%. JaVale rim protection alone should be enough to get him mins.

Mavericks this year remind me of Lakers last year.

1 aging superstar and a bunch of average spare parts around him.

I could honestly care less about the Mavs, but I think they start towards the top of the bottom of the Western conference, and finish (when Matthews and Parsons come back) towards the middle fighting for the 8th spot. Like has been said, the one redeaming thing about them is their coach, and DWill isn't beyond repair. If Rick can get everyone on the same page before Wes and Chandler get back, they could be a surprise team to finish out the year.

Thread Information