Pelicans Report

Thread: What will the Pelicans do with Jrue?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

What will the Pelicans do with Jrue?

Jrue's injury history is a concern. Will he be healthy and 100% when the season starts? I'm really concerned because he brings a lot to the table and I think he was possibly playing injured the whole season. I think how they handle this problem could have a significant on the success of this season.

I think Evans should start at pg. Holiday should come off the bench at point especially if we don't bring Cole back. I will say holiday should get 25min a game at point or even SG. He's a much better shooter than Evans so I think he might do well at SG to give gordon a rest.

Another thought is we bring Cole back and try to trade Holiday for a starting SF or an expiring. Is that a bad idea? I think REKE is improving and will get better under Gentry and with AD hitting 3s along with Gordon and Anderson he will have more assists. He's a playmaker and he plays hard. With the new system and the speed he could thrive. He's much better than people give him credit for!

Would you trade Jrue? If so, who would you trade for? I think if he plays well and his value goes up he might be worth trading. I love his defense but I'm uncomfortable with his injury problems. Maybe he'll be hard to trade?

If Davis + Erman= Dpoy votes, MVP Candidate, first/second team, first/second all defense...
    Healthy Jrue + Erman = all-star selection/snub, third team, second all defense, in the discussion of elite PG's.
    I'm willing to stick with him because even 70% jrue was still efficient.

Right now he's looking good for the season. http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2015/8/...pelicans-tibia

I don't think his trade value is high enough to trade him for anything good.

I'd rather let the doctors and coaches evaluate his foot and condition rather than a random forum poster

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    I'd rather let the doctors and coaches evaluate his foot and condition rather than a random forum poster
    That's way too logical. Get out of here immediately, we shall not be corrupted by your logic.

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Durant
    Ad
    Asik

Cant wait to see dat lineup

I really hate the offseason, neurotic fans left with nothing to think about but their own thoughts. Is Holiday's injury a concern? Yes, but not only are you worrying about that, you're worrying about Cole not coming back when we hold all the cards with him. The only reason he hasn't signed yet is because he's hoping some backup PG on vacation gets a season ending injury. Cole's probably not hoping that but his agent is. Cole resigning is just a matter of time.

My contact is out to Utah to work with the Jazz (he had his offer from the Suns pulled), but he said Jrue will be fine for the upcoming season. A little dishonesty, and not sticking with the plan is what derailed him last season. This offseason the FO supposedly put the fear of God in him and now he is following what the team doctors say.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    My contact is out to Utah to work with the Jazz (he had his offer from the Suns pulled), but he said Jrue will be fine for the upcoming season. A little dishonesty, and not sticking with the plan is what derailed him last season. This offseason the FO supposedly put the fear of God in him and now he is following what the team doctors say.
    Joking?.....or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Joking?.....or nah?
    True Story.

Did the Suns pull his offer because of your earlier post? Dishonesty?

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    Did the Suns pull his offer because of your earlier post? Dishonesty?
    People cry for insider info then when someone gives it they try and **** all over the person or the insider?

Geez.

So this must of been what Jrue meant when he was saying they have to force me to sit out. He was still feeling pain but lied to the staff about it or he wasn't keeping up with his rehab.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    People cry for insider info then when someone gives it they try and **** all over the person or the insider?

Geez.
    I don't care. It's not like I get much inside info, and this is the last of it because my friend leaves before the season starts.

I don't care. It's not like I get much inside info, and this is the last of it because my friend leaves before the season starts.
    Thanks very much for that info. I've been away from the boards for a little while due to work so I wasn't sure if it was a joke at first. This is awesome news and I'm glad you shared it. Hopefully we see the All-Star Jrue Holiday back in action.

This is both good news and hilarious

Remember when the news leaked that Sacramento was interested in Jrue? I have a feeling that was Dell "leaking" that info as part of the "Fear of God" campaign to get Jrue serious about his rehab and not hiding symptoms.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hope his injury was less than what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Remember when the news leaked that Sacramento was interested in Jrue? I have a feeling that was Dell "leaking" that info as part of the "Fear of God" campaign to get Jrue serious about his rehab and not hiding symptoms.
    Dell turning to religion now? I think it was Gayle that straightened out Jrue.

Thread Information