Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tyreke lost more weight

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Like Guru, I'm wondering if skinny Tyreke has more trouble getting to the rim this season.
    Tyreke with his handles and being faster will only make it easier for him to get to the rim.

Remember, he still avoided contact around the rim. I expect now that he will be faster combined with a fast pace offense that doesn't allow the opponent to get set he will have a much easier time and we will see his FG% go up around the rim. In his first couple years he was near elite scoring around the rim. It seems the extra weight he's put on over the years has made his driving game worse.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Tyreke with his handles and being faster will only make it easier for him to get to the rim.

Remember, he still avoided contact around the rim. I expect now that he will be faster combined with a fast pace offense that doesn't allow the opponent to get set he will have a much easier time and we will see his FG% go up around the rim. In his first couple years he was near elite scoring around the rim. It seems the extra weight he's put on over the years has made his driving game worse.
    I'm hoping for less charges with him being smaller and quicker.

Does anyone know if loosing weight like this can improve his jumpshot? Maybe he gets better life with more consistency, or has increase balance? It'd be interesting to hear a shooting pro's opinion on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    Does anyone know if loosing weight like this can improve his jumpshot? Maybe he gets better life with more consistency, or has increase balance? It'd be interesting to hear a shooting pro's opinion on this.
    Probably as good of a chance as making him better at paying attention while off-ball on defense.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmide234 View Post
    It will definitely improve the "jump" in his jumpshot.

I hope Tyreke getting in better shape fixes his free throws. I could almost guarantee he would go 1-2 at the end of the game because he was gassed.

Thread Information