Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good news! The center hung video board @ SKC has been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by roberthgrove View Post
    Actually the new video board will be installed soon and we will have four video boards in each corner with the new hd center hung board
    Wow thanks for the info. Do you mean there will be four new video boards in each corner of the SKC?

hopefully the stadium has better lighting

How about some better fn speakers

They need to update the soundboard it's been thr same since 07

1-6

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Did we sign Cole yet?
    Nat King Cole is no longer alive.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Happy I'm not the only one who notices how bad they are, lol.

Excited for the new screens and tv cameras, though!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    You should see the ones in the Dome. They look and sound like the 1970's. The Final Four and WWE brought in their own speakers because it was so bad.

I really like this. The lighting to me seems just right, but I enjoy everything being dark but the court. have you guys seen those college games played at the Atlantis resort, where the court is lit, and everything else is dark blue. Something like that is appealing to me.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I really like this. The lighting to me seems just right, but I enjoy everything being dark but the court. have you guys seen those college games played at the Atlantis resort, where the court is lit, and everything else is dark blue. Something like that is appealing to me.
    The Lakers have done that for forever, iirc. I think the Knicks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The Lakers have done that for forever, iirc. I think the Knicks, too.
    Thanks for confirming this. I thought they did, but I couldn't completely remember.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Thanks for confirming this. I thought they did, but I couldn't completely remember.
    Yeah I like the theater lighting like the Lakers and Knicks use too.

Was at the select a seat event today and the salesperson told me that the new video board is HD and the same one that was used for the 2014 All-Star game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14294672-mmmain.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	6037
    He said it extends from foul line to foul line and was custom built for the All-Star game. It will be installed soon.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 08-15-2015 at 02:16 PM.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Was at the select a seat event today and the salesperson told me that the new video board is HD and the same one that was used for the 2014 All-Star game.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14294672-mmmain.jpg 
Views:	801 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	6037
    He said it extends from foul line to foul line and was custom built for the All-Star game. It will be installed soon.
    Good news!!!
    I'm a grinder

I don't get it, can someone explain to me if the HD video screen helps the lighting? To be quite honest that's the only thing I cafes about. The last time the stadium looked HD issincw all star game. But maybe that's was it was on TNT?

Is fox sports unable to provide higher quality of games?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    everything seems like this is what it'll look like

but like the new court from last summer... I want some pics of it as it's being installed... our insiders need to be on alert
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

All Star had theater lighting

I wonder if they will do the theater lighting as well. That new board will be a huge upgrade over what we have currently.

I remember when the ASG was here, we all wanted the video board to be permanent because it was so awesome looking... So if the new video board is close to the same, it'll be awesome!

Pumped that they're getting some really nice upgrades.. Bummed because I know I'm just going to watch the game on the screen instead of the court. Just like when my wife turns on subtitles -- i just end up reading the whole movie. Going to have to pretend it's not up there

This cheap organization doesn't spend any.. Wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Please oh please can they fix the lights and fox sports update to true HD. I'm representing for the out of towners who would enjoy qualify defintion from the coach. Especially if your paying for the Pelicans coverage like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    This cheap organization doesn't spend any.. Wait..

Thread Information