Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Gordon optimistic on Pelicans long term outlook

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pelly View Post
    Call me crazy but I predict a breakout year for Gordon that will vie for the title as the 2nd best player on the team behind AD and a top 5 2-guard in the West. He will become a serious option as a man you want with the ball at the end of the game and contender for most improved player. I think he still has the ability to get 20+ ppg especially in this system.
    Your crazy

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Must of missed it. In that case I really dont see any reason to hold a grudge. Still would prefer not to re-sign but it has nothing to do with comments.
    This is my feeling also I just don't like all the unwarranted praise lately. He's doing something that he hasn't don't since he been here and that be productive and he'said being seen as the guy now and we must keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Guys bit off topic, but why did davis post a photo with him and westbrook playing and darren erman in the background?? What is westbrook doing training with us???
    Is this at the U.S camp maybe?
    A lot of nba guys get together over the summer to train

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    To me with Gordon, it's been the little things he had has done over the last few years that shown he's changed in someway such as certain things he says about NO and the organization in interviews and tweets even and what struck me the most, is when he went to the game party at Tracy's when he was injured. He didn't have to at all and only someone who cares about the fans or atleast is trying to make up for what he has done wrong in the past, would would do that.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Guys bit off topic, but why did davis post a photo with him and westbrook playing and darren erman in the background?? What is westbrook doing training with us???
    Is this at the U.S camp maybe?
    Westbrook to New Orleans confirmed.
    Hey @okcthunder - you guys suck! Our top players are hurt. Some are dead. Some don't even like basketball.And we still kicked y'all's asses!- @TheFakeMonty

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    To me with Gordon, it's been the little things he had has done over the last few years that shown he's changed in someway such as certain things he says about NO and the organization in interviews and tweets even and what struck me the most, is when he went to the game party at Tracy's when he was injured. He didn't have to at all and only someone who cares about the fans or atleast is trying to make up for what he has done wrong in the past, would would do that.
    Frankly for me the most telling sign wasn't what he said but what he did.

With Ryno hurt and Evans doing Evans thing, Gordon could of been hard-headed, he could of been selfish. He could of told Monty he is going to play his game and command the ball and if he doesnt then trade him. But he took last offseason to assess what the team needed out of him, which was the ability to spread the floor and be the quintessential role player, and he spent all summer working on it.

When the season rolled around he didn't complain, he didn't whine, he spot up, he worked his butt off when he was off the ball and he looked towards others before looking toward himself - which led to him having his second best assist numbers of his career despite his much lower usage. He transformed from a ball dominant player to an elite three point shooter who deferred ball handling to Jrue and Evans and aimed to be the best off the ball and secondary facilitator he could be. And it showed.

How does that transformation not speak toward Gordon's maturity and improved character?? That is my real question.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-29-2015 at 11:45 PM.

I have to see another year where he plays at least 60 games. Ideally would be 70 but that might be asking too much. Does anyone think he can play 2 years with relativity good health? I have to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by frankatank109 View Post
    Westbrook to New Orleans confirmed.
    it could happen

And about Gordon...

Honestly, If he has had a change of heart, that's great, if he hasn't, I really don't care. The only thing I care about is him producing. If he is happy to be here, or hates being here but still puts up 16-4-4 a game i could care less.

But to answer the OP, in my eyes it genuinely looks like he is happy to be a part of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    it could happen
    wouldnt want him here. ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithDavis View Post
    wouldnt want him here. ball hog.
    #crazytalk
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    And about Gordon...

Honestly, If he has had a change of heart, that's great, if he hasn't, I really don't care. The only thing I care about is him producing. If he is happy to be here, or hates being here but still puts up 16-4-4 a game i could care less.

But to answer the OP, in my eyes it genuinely looks like he is happy to be a part of this team.
    Then you won't be happy because he has never and will never average those stats.

Also, the term is "I couldn't care less"

Just a public service announcement for everyone. The most improperly used phrase on the planet.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Just a public service announcement for everyone. The most improperly used phrase on the planet.
    ^this

That's a big call.

Big, big, HUGE call.

It is a colloquialism that does not have to follow the usual rules of grammar. Secondly, it does make logical sense. It would mean your level of care cannot go any lower (the implicit indicating your care is low to begin with).

As for Gordon hatred, I give up. It seems when fans decide to hate an athlete, they they go hard and never turn back. It's as if said athlete kicked their puppy. It's a strange phenomenon phsycologists should study.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It is a colloquialism that does not have to follow the usual rules of grammar. Secondly, it does make logical sense. It would mean your level of care cannot go any lower (the implicit indicating your care is low to begin with).

As for Gordon hatred, I give up. It seems when fans decide to hate an athlete, they they go hard and never turn back. It's as if said athlete kicked their puppy. It's a strange phenomenon phsycologists should study.
    Too bad the colloquialism is "I could care less" which doesn't make sense for the intent of the statement.

I agree with you on the sports hatred thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Too bad the colloquialism is "I could care less" which doesn't make sense for the intent of the statement.

I agree with you on the sports hatred thing, though.
    They are both colloquialisms, but according to grammar girl, "couldn't" came first.

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/edu...ldnt-care-less

Now the board is properly edified and MM will no longer have to suffer the phrase's oddly dual style usage by others.
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-30-2015 at 02:50 PM.

Hah, nice find. I just twitch and get momentarily angry when I read/hear "could care less". Definitely one of my biggest pet peeves.

I think I dislike it more than many people on here dislike Gordon + CP3 combined.

Thread Information