Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seth curry to Kings?

Seth curry to Kings?

Thought we'd definitely bring him in...Marc Stein just reported he's in advanced discussions with the kings...
    Hornets fan since day 1.

Now @WojYahooNBA, reports he's signed a 2 year deal with the kings...too bad we missed out

Quote Originally Posted by BLT23 View Post
    Now @WojYahooNBA, reports he's signed a 2 year deal with the kings...too bad we missed out
    He has a bit better path to PT there

Still have Drew II

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    They were giving him 2 guaranteed years... No thanks.

I'll take Drew.

Good for Curry. But, who's minutes he would've taken ? Jimmer's

If people are fretting about this they need a head check.

Not only did they give him 2 guaranteed years they also gave him OVER the veteran minimum.

I like Curry and that might end up being a fine/irrelevant deal but we weren't going to offer him that and we shouldn't have.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    All that hype and... nothing. Oh well, what about the other guys?

Would have been kind of cool to have him. Don't really care that we won't. Not surprised we didn't match the Kings' offer.

From what I saw of Curry I came away disappointed, I thought he was a better 3point shooter. We don't need a dude running Iso and pulling up from mid range.

So much for curry starting over Gordon.

Banned
    Color me surprised.

Question: Could the Pels have offered what the Kings offered even if they wanted to? Seeing as the Kings offered him more than minimum and we're over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    He has a bit better path to PT there

Still have Drew II
    No he doesn't. He had a better path here. Kings have mclemore Marco James Anderson and rondo and collision at point. The 2 yrs sealed the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Well I admit I'm disappointed. But we are talking about the 3rd PG so o well lol. Come on down Drew 2.

Drew ll is better fit. .IMO....we have enough shooters, we need on ball pressure and someone who can breakdown the defense.

Would of liked him , would of enjoyed having Seth and kj mcdaniels as two additions to this team , but instead he goes for gee and Perkins, this is why demps really is a mediocre Gm

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Would of liked him , would of enjoyed having Seth and kj mcdaniels as two additions to this team , but instead he goes for gee and Perkins, this is why demps really is a mediocre Gm
    Because he passed on Seth Curry and KJ McDaniels?

Saying Demps is a mediocre GM bc he didn't sign Seth Curry is a bit extreme... Sure I'm a little bummed bc it would have been fun to have Steph currys bro as the 5th guard but it didn't happen......fortunately for us finding a 5th guard is extremely easy... theres just too much supply of them to warrant being tied down to Currys over the min guaranteed two year contract with a player option... the kings are so desperate for any kind of positive attention

Now that Seth is off the market... Id like to see us get a defensive guard to pair with all these ball handlers we have. I liked what i saw when Cole and toney douglas were hounding the opposing guards together for a couple minutes...so maybe a slightly younger version of TD....

Sure Larry Drew II is an option but don't forget so are all of the other summer league players from every other team that don't have contracts yet...Dell has also been know for plucking someone from europe....many options will be interesting to see how it plays out.

So he is mediocre because he didn't give a summer league player two years guaranteed and didn't pay the "potential" of KJ mcdaniels 10 million dollars. Ok.

I mean I would of liked McDaniels but I don't think this one is really one to hold up as a condemnation of Demps.

Perkins is a good glue guy and locker presence and that type of veteran you want at the end of the bench.

Curry has potential but for us? I mean if Cole is here he gets that fourth guard minutes and Seth is left sitting on the bench. And do we really want to pay him 2 years above the league minimum? I watched most his summer league games and standing back I wasn't blown away. Very high volume, me first player. Not the best shot selection and a little undersized to be a two guard. Not enough of a facilitator to play the one. It would of been nice to get him on a minimum, non-guaranteed contract and try to mold him. But I am actually with Demps on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I mean I would of liked McDaniels but I don't think this one is really one to hold up as a condemnation of Demps.

Perkins is a good glue guy and locker presence and that type of veteran you want at the end of the bench.

Curry has potential but for us? I mean if Cole is here he gets that fourth guard minutes and Seth is left sitting on the bench. And do we really want to pay him 2 years above the league minimum? I watched most his summer league games and standing back I wasn't blown away. Very high volume, me first player. Not the best shot selection and a little undersized to be a two guard. Not enough of a facilitator to play the one. It would of been nice to get him on a minimum, non-guaranteed contract and try to mold him. But I am actually with Demps on this one.
    + LDII is a better spot up shooter who can play off the ball.
    We don't need another guard who has to create his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pardon View Post
    So he is mediocre because he didn't give a summer league player two years guaranteed and didn't pay the "potential" of KJ mcdaniels 10 million dollars. Ok.
    not because he didn't but what he did instead, KJ mcdaniels would be affordable if we didnt sign gee and babbit, now tell me who would you rather?
    WE are 29th in the league at the position, and he has done nothing to improve it over the off season. If we sign cole, im okay with letting seth go, would of loved the attention he would of brought to this franchise and the potential of a patty mills off the bench, but cole would be more effective, but atm it seems like non of this is happening, and gee and perkins were our master plan signing.. sigh..
    I get it we signed AD to a lucrative extension, but anything with half a brain could of pulled off that

Thread Information