Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AD already working w/ Erman

Pelicans AD already working w/ Erman

1 of the league's best defenders is just getting better
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I'm ready for the season to start too

You know it must be a good workout even if the assistant coach is drenched with sweat

I've found someone who sweats more than i do

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Man I'm excited for the season. Heck I'm excited just for SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    if you mean the OP... you're probably not wrong

Dam I love me some AD. He is truly OUR superstar. This FO better do it right. Thats all I know.

Man this is so awesome! Erman and Hanson working with AD together is pretty cool to see. I love Erman so far and I would really like to see him stick around for a while with us paying him as a top assistant with him knowing he is basically next in line. I think he is a smart enough guy to pick up on a lot of what Gentry offers on the offensive side on the ball to become a very well rounded coach. With what we are paying Gentry I think it is very possible we can pay Erman enough $ to keep him a little longer. This all relies on what results he provides for us of course but I think he is too good to just fail. I know leaving for another team would be tough to pass up but quite a few coaches have to stay and learn more before moving on plus he has to take into account that he would be able to coach AD for another 10 years once Gentrys gone instead of taking over a dumpster fire which is most likely the offer he will eventually get. If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure Brian Shaw passed up on quite a few opportunities to stay with the Lakers and Pacers. I know he took the Nuggets job but at the time it looked like a very good opportunity and something that was the right time to do.

Banned
    Hope these picks were 90% of the workout...not 3 point shooting.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    lmao at the overly PC response to such an innocent thread title. I get the deletion of my post, it was tasteless, but we should really have an open discussion on this if the word "flapping" is condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Nah i've got all of you beat.

Was wondering if we kept Hanson. Good to see him there.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    You need to let that go. Alvin Gentry has already told AD to work on corner 3s on top of him clearing wanting to be a distance shooter. I mean, one of the first things AD ever did the moment he was in NBA level competition was take and swish nets on a 3pter during the Olympic exhibition games. Right after it, he turns around and shouts to Coach Cal basically "I told you I could hit 3s!" Then he does it again when he got in the All-Star game and makes it. And when he nails the game winner vs OKC, he was very cognizant of the fact that it was the 1st one he's hit all season.

He's adding it to his game, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Why you no like 3's?

Mo 3's. Mo bettah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You need to let that go. Alvin Gentry has already told AD to work on corner 3s on top of him clearing wanting to be a distance shooter. I mean, one of the first things AD ever did the moment he was in NBA level competition was take and swish nets on a 3pter during the Olympic exhibition games. Right after it, he turns around and shouts to Coach Cal basically "I told you I could hit 3s!" Then he does it again when he got in the All-Star game and makes it. And when he nails the game winner vs OKC, he was very cognizant of the fact that it was the 1st one he's hit all season.

Indeed, for someone who is such a hard worker like Davis, I just can't understand how people don't realize how much time he puts in the gym. He can easily continue to work on that shot along with other aspects of his game. Now I do understand the fear of him settling for long range jumpshots, but I don't share that fear. He's way too smart/talented to fall into that hole.

Umm anyone see the video he just posted?? He was working on post game.. THREES, and defense with erman today

https://fbcdn-video-n-a.akamaihd.net...e6d995ca173138

Sorry to anyone not liking threes
    Last edited by Pantazis76; 07-01-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Umm anyone see the video he just posted?? He was working on post game.. THREES, and defense with erman today

Trade him. We need a true low post player.

I know its practice.. but that 3pt shot is wet

Man that video is awesome.
    DRAININ' 3's!!!

We talking about practice??????? Damn right!!! AD is about to become legendary!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post

Thanks for sharing
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

I agree 100%! I don't see how taking a few 3 pointers a game will hurt him in anyway. Does anybody question if Dirk shooting 3 pointers hurts his game? The guy is one of the best big men scorers in NBA history and led his team as the only star to an NBA championship against a loaded Heat team. Davis has other things Dirk could never imagine doing making him that much more dangerous. Not only does a 3 pointer help our team out spacing the floor but it helps Davis out with guys having to worry about him out there giving him a ton of more space to beat a big man off the dribble. Makes life easier on everyone and does not hurt his game or stop him from developing and working on other parts of his game.

We need to get Ajinca in there with Erman

1-6

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Everyone will get to work with Erman before long.

More than anything im just thrilled that Ajinca will be on the 2k16 roster. He kills for me during online play.

Thread Information