Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alexis Ajinca re-signed {merged}

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    love this - Alexis & his wife are really terrific folks, for anyone who hasn't had the privilege.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ajinca.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	6007
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ajinca2.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	6008

I would have no problem rolling with Ajinca and Smith as our centers and letting Asik walk. Especially if we can get Tobias then it makes having a center much less important with Harris and Anderson both being able to play the 4. Maybe we can work out a 3 team deal with a double sign and trade between Harris and Asik with the Magic getting something from the 3rd team.

Interesting to see What Asik wants now and if we are going to finish games with AD like someone states over and over, Do you pay a backup center 5m for 10-12minutes a game?

Decent deal, happy he is back. A center with an low post game don't grow on tree.

Now you got paid go buy some protein powder, steak and add some weight.

Pels now have a lot more low/high post guys than Gentry even had, let see what he can do next yr.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Decent deal, happy he is back. A center with an low post game don't grow on tree.

Now you got paid go buy some protein powder, steak and add some weight.

Pels now have a lot more low/high post guys than Gentry even had, let see what he can do next yr.
    AD, Ryno and AA all have range too.

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Been on this for a minute! AD + Ajinca front court and also AD+Ryno front court both seem like a better fit for Gentry than having Asik in there.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Been on this for a minute! AD + Ajinca front court and also AD+Ryno front court both seem like a better fit for Gentry than having Asik in there.
    Frenchie has a respectable midrange baseline jumper... that'll pull a defender out

RYNO will space anyone out

that gives AD all the room in the world to operate down below

Now that someone said it I have a strong feeling this contract means Asik won't be back. Paying Ajinca 5m a year does not sound like something you would do for someone playing under 20 mins a game which would be the case with Asik coming back. Let's bring Smith back and roll with that! I love to combo of Smith and Anderson playing together. Smith gives us so many options on lineups to work with by even being able to play PF next to Ajinca. If we can find a 3 who can also play the 4 then we are in business to have very good depth and versatility.

I would like to see Ajinca get stronger and put on some more muscle. He looks like since he got here that he has but a little weight and strength good do a lot for him the way he plays.

Asik will be back.

Who's going to defend the Duncan's of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    AD, Ryno and AA all have range too.
    Mid range.

AD/AA/RA all start from posts excluding RA spot up 3s.

Didn't Ajinca say he was looking for more playing time next season? We must have made a commitment to him in that area.
    SIGN A SF

Nice deal
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Nope. We have Asik's bird. We can go over the cap if need be to resign Asik, but it does mean that we can probably expect Asik to cost more than what we originally thought. We may be looking at closer to $12M per than the 9 or 10 some of us were originally anticipating.
    I would let him walk at 12m per. I don't care if the cap increases but the fact we rescinded Witheys deal makes me believe we will retain Asik with Ajinca.

All-Star
    Only 5M for Ajinça?? YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm sorry but I don't care what the so called going rate is for centers these days but keeping and paying Asik double figures is just plain ridiculous. He does not have the legs or offensive skill to play in the type of offense skill set Gentry claims he wants to set up here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Nope. We have Asik's bird. We can go over the cap if need be to resign Asik, but it does mean that we can probably expect Asik to cost more than what we originally thought. We may be looking at closer to $12M per than the 9 or 10 some of us were originally anticipating.

You're assuming Duncan is returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Asik will be back.

Who's going to defend the Duncan's of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Duncan is returning but it isn't just Duncan you have to worry about. The Cousins, Howard's, Jordan's, Mozgovs, and Gasol's still exist.

I would love for Ajinca to make Asik unnecessary but he still averages near 6 fouls per 36 minutes and hasn't shown he has done away with his tendency to compound fouls and mistakes when they start rolling in.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    If you aren't, then you are misinformed

Love Ajinca. Glad he's back. Hopefully he can continue to improve his game.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Just 5 millions? I'm game

Ajinca reminds me a lot of Hibbert. I think he can turn the corner just like Hibbert did with his fouling problem. He needs to learn how to play within the verticality rule and he can be a very good defender. They are actually very similiar players in a lot of areas of course Hibbert is better but if you ask me he is not $10m better.

The Franchise
    Its also a nice movable contract as well.

Thread Information