Pelicans Report

Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1537

Thread: Free Agency 2015

Rick Bonnell: Can confirm MKG has agreed to a 4-year, $52 million extension that will take him off the free-agent market.
    – via Twitter rick_bonnell

Good deal for Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Rick Bonnell: Can confirm MKG has agreed to a 4-year, $52 million extension that will take him off the free-agent market.
    – via Twitter rick_bonnell

Good deal for Hornets
    That's interesting that in this market he only pulled $13 mil a year. Hornets should be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    I didn't take that guy into account because it was a name I didn't recognize at all. I didn't think he would play over Jeff but then again I never seen him play . Do the Jazz run a tight rotation for their bigs?
    Last year it was a 3-man rotation after the Kanter trade but we didn't have as many capables bigs as we now. This year is Quin's second so he could run things differently now that he has options.

Metta returning to Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    Metta returning to Lakers?

Would he go by "Panda's Friend"?

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Would he go by "Panda's Friend"?
    Pretty sure he'd go by Waste Of Cap Space

I think this is a no harm no foul for the Lakers. World Peace........forget it.....Ron Artest is a very competitive player. It will start to shape the culture back to what it use to be a little bit with both him and Kobe there. They will be the only 2 vets with a voice (Hibbert will be cradled in a corner somewhere). I don't think this hurts the Lakers at all. I don't see them getting anyone else from free agency. He shot well in the Italy league although he didn't "dominate" or score a bunch of points. If he still plays with grit and hustle (the way he reps Queensbridge this will probably happen) then he could be that X factor off the bench not in scoring but doing things that the young guys won't do or know that they are suppose to. As a Lakers fan (and Kobe fan) I'll be watching this.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Artest will be their Perkins.

If he's on the court, they're ALREADY in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Artest will be their Perkins.

If he's on the court, they're ALREADY in trouble.
    Then they will start the season in trouble because they should have several worse players in their rotation. This is their forward depth after their starters Nick Young and Julius Randle:

Ryan Kelly
    Anthony Brown
    Tarik Black
    Brandon Bass
    Larry Nance, Jr.
    Jonathan Holmes

Nick Young? I cant see them starting him does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rm84_ View Post
    Nick Young? I cant see them starting him does not make any sense.
    They really don't have anyone better. They are projected to be one of the very worst teams for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    They really don't have anyone better. They are projected to be one of the very worst teams for a reason.
    They say that Kobe will play more at 3 than he does at 2 so that answers the starting SF question for them. I think Artest sees the floor more than some may think. If it's a close game and you need more hustle than offense then you put kobe at 2 and artest at 3 over Swaggy P because that dude doesn't hustle at all.

They say that Kobe will play more at 3 than he does at 2 so that answers the starting SF question for them. I think Artest sees the floor more than some may think. If it's a close game and you need more hustle than offense then you put kobe at 2 and artest at 3 over Swaggy P because that dude doesn't hustle at all.
    Probably. Young and Kobe will probably play together a lot and they are interchangeable at the 2 and 3 with their size and skill sets. Although, coach Scott has been talking about playing Kobe at PF some this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Probably. Young and Kobe will probably play together a lot and they are interchangeable at the 2 and 3 with their size and skill sets. Although, coach Scott has been talking about playing Kobe at PF some this year...
    Wow! I didn't hear that one. As a fan of Kobe I do not want to see him at 4 at all. They have Randall and B. Bass. I don't see a need for him to play at 4 even for small ball since Randall can handle the ball better than a traditional 4 can. If Scott does that I hope the fans go for his head lol.

Wow! I didn't hear that one. As a fan of Kobe I do not want to see him at 4 at all. They have Randall and B. Bass. I don't see a need for him to play at 4 even for small ball since Randall can handle the ball better than a traditional 4 can. If Scott does that I hope the fans go for his head lol.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...-power-forward

Thanks for the link. That should be interesting.

Darren Wolfson: "Former #Twolves guard Sean Kilpatrick is moving closer to finding a training camp home. The Pelicans are very much in the mix, I hear." – via Twitter DWolfson

Probably next training camp addition - he was mentioned earlier.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Real View Post
    I've been away the past two weeks so I'm just stumbling across this.

But that is way too funny

Jesus the Kings will be my second favorite team this year. Im getting the Jailblazers flashbacks. Cant to see Henderson the GAWD! Kings for 8th seed yeeeeeea boi!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Warriors offer Harrison Barnes four-year $64 million dollars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...ail&soc_trk=ma

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Warriors offer Harrison Barnes four-year $64 million dollars.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...ail&soc_trk=ma
    LOL i hope the Warriors said, "cool story bro, good luck to ya out there on the open market"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...64247600865280

16 mlns a year for BARNES? What the heck has this world come to

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    16 mlns a year for BARNES? What the heck has this world come to
    AND he declined it!

Thread Information