Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1537

Thread: Free Agency 2015

There's been a lot of rumors circulating on Asik's exact contract. First we heard it was 5yr/60m. Then we heard it was 5th year un guaranteed so it was basically 4yr/45m.

Now it appears there's more to it than that. It seems some of the money in the 5th year is guaranteed but every year has un guaranteed money attached to incentives. Here's the tweets giving more details:

@EricPincus: $3 million of Omer Asik's final year at $11.98 mil is guaranteed (19/20), he also has an ETO that year w/ Pelicans @BBallInsiders

@EricPincus: Some more than $3 mil of Omer Asik's $ in 19/20 can be guaranteed based on incentives (TBD) @BBallInsiders New Orleans Pelicans

@EricPincus: Omer Asik has $1 mil each year of incentives to meet (TBD) @BBallInsiders New Orleans Pelicans

Will be interesting to hear exactly what the full details are on this contract. This one sounds like it has Loomis hands all over it. Teaching Demps the ways of contract flexibility.

Not confirmed by Pels yet, but a good source says that most of the 4th year is guaranteed. Also, just my guess here, but I would guess the incentives are tied to games played. They can be tied to all sorts of things, but that is the norm. Rebounds per game might be a part of it too

Years 4 and 5 not being fully guaranteed allow you to stretch Asik in the worst case scenario after year 3. You only have to pay the guaranteed money. Let's say it is 12 mil (9 mil in yr 4, 3 mil in year 5) - then you just have a 2.5 mil cap charge for the next 5 years. In the next cap age, that is nothing. Like 2 percent.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Cuz it looks lame.
    the real question about Babbit is....... do we still make bruce jenner jokes about him?
    Last edited by PeliKhan; 07-10-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Not really free agency but i didn't want to open a thread about it

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...f3&oe=561DD272

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post

That sucks
    I want to see him in action plus he's funny on twitter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedPelican View Post
    That sucks
    I want to see him in action plus he's funny on twitter
    He is the best follow on Twitter.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And that was the end of Joel Embiid.

Man talk about Greg Oden 2.0. That really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post

Yea that sucks to see a player with his talent sitting out another year. I still think he can turn the corner now that he is done growing putting some of these injuries in the past. If I were the Pels I hop all over his all time low value. He is still super young with top talent and given time and the right surgeries he will still be young enough to play college and be fully recovered ready to play for us. I would give up a fiture pick or some other things to grab and stash with with hopes he comes back and plays next to AD. I think he can be a very good center and putting him next to a super star like Davis is the perfect fit for him. Also a perfect fit next to AD is Embid if he pans out. I just think it's the ultimate low risk high reward trade we could make.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Man talk about Greg Oden 2.0. That really sucks.
    It's sad to say but right now Oden looks like AC Green compared to Embiid

Denver's Wilson Chandler agreed to a four-year, $46M extension, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Undrafted Kentucky guard Aaron Harrison has agreed to a two-year deal with Charlotte, league source tells Yahoo. He has impressed so far.

That's a great great deal for Chandler. He's a guy I would have liked to target next summer if we missed on Durant. Probably one of the best contracts of this summer. Plus he still has 1 more year at 7m before this kicks in. Good player getting a good contract. Maybe means Gallo is up for grabs next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's a great great deal for Chandler. He's a guy I would have liked to target next summer if we missed on Durant. Probably one of the best contracts of this summer. Plus he still has 1 more year at 7m before this kicks in. Good player getting a good contract. Maybe means Gallo is up for grabs next summer.
    Yeah I wanted the Pels to get him for a while now. Anyways, good for him and Nuggets both getting a fair deal.

@WojYahooNBA: Austin Rivers has agreed to a two-year, $6.4M deal with Clippers, league source tells Yahoo.

Um. Wut? You want to talk about a guy with no market getting overpaid. . .

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Rockets signing free agent guard Marcus Thornton to a one-year minimum deal, agent Tony Dutt tells Yahoo.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

Wow, and meanwhile the rockets just snagged Marcus Thornton on a one year min. At the risk of being **** on by fellow pelican fans, I must say I'm a bit disappointed we have been able to find a steal like that on such a favorable deal.

Just a clairficarion on Wilson Chandler's new contract. They renigotiated this year of his deal so the 4yr/46m actually starts this upcoming season.

This is important because it means he becomes a FA 1 year earlier than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    Wow, and meanwhile the rockets just snagged Marcus Thornton on a one year min. At the risk of being **** on by fellow pelican fans, I must say I'm a bit disappointed we have been able to find a steal like that on such a favorable deal.
    I think for Thornton specifically we couldn't offer him basically any playing time which is the biggest issue. We have our rotations pretty much set. His goal is to take a small deal, play a good amount of minutes in Houston and then get PAID.

For us he would have just been a towel boy.

The Franchise    Contributor   

MT is a steal on the minimum - but would we really want to listen to the fanboys thinking he is an All Star. I hope he gets his career back on track, but he is probably more likely to do that somewhere else without a ton of folks in his ear telling him he should be playing 35 min a night

Eh figured as much. Gotta go all out to win a championship for Durant and if it all collapses you are likely losing Westbrook too and hitting the reset button. Meaning Kanter's contract isn't that big a deal because by the time your next core comes around to be ing competitive he will be ending his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Eh figured as much. Gotta go all out to win a championship for Durant and if it all collapses you are likely losing Westbrook too and hitting the reset button. Meaning Kanter's contract isn't that big a deal because by the time your next core comes around to be ing competitive he will be ending his contract.
    If only they had decided to push all the chips in with Harden instead. . .

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

LOL! How can they afford that?

Thornton between the two teams last season had his career best and worst 3p % (409 or something with the first team, can't even remember which is that, and 110 or so with the suns)

Thread Information