Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2015

Free Agency 2015

We just assembled an excellent coaching staff. For this to be a complete/ideal offseason for me, we'd go get A-Mo back. But that's probably a pipe dream cause they love him out in OKC. I know it was damn near impossible to resign him last year, but he's the kind of player you find a way to keep.

Dear free agents,

GO EAST IF YOU WANNA WIN!

Sincerely,
    The West.

Free Agency 2015

Maybe barbosa but if we keep Cole I don't see why we would acquire him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Broussard said we had interest in Tobias Harris. I know it's Broussard, but i'm wondering what kinda deal we could swing to get him.
    If his price range is really 12-14m I have no idea. S&T with Orlando for Gordon. They need perimeter shooting.

But is he worth that much? Eh. I'd rather not.

@KBergCBS
    League sources tell @CBSSports that the 2015-16 salary cap could be as much as $2 million higher than projected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What I do know is Dell has surprised us every single offseason with the moves he makes. Ryno for Ayon. Reke S&T. Having zero cap space and using non guaranteed contracts to get Asik.

I fully expect Dell to make a move none of us were really expecting. Maybe it's Acy or Aminu (who's names appeared out of nowhere 1 day ago), maybe it's Rolo who just showed up a couple hours ago, or maybe it's someone completely different. . .

But I do expect Dell to pull some left field moves. This is his time of year.
    Yea I have a feeling he makes something happen also. It's impossible to really know what he is planning. For all we know Tobias Harris will be coming here tonight on a S&T. If we make a big move it will be great of course but I will be perfectly fine with small moves knowing the big picture is next off season. It's tough to be patient wanting that big FA but it's probably what's best.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I'm sure you know. It was reported that both are very interested and right now the Lakers are making a move to land both. Doesn't mean it is going to happen but I don't know how you can say that's false but ok.

I do know. The Spurs are reported to be the favorite for LA. The Clippers followed by the Mavs are reported to be the favorites for DJ.

No one reputable is reporting that the Lakers are the favorite to land either. Only that they are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    We just assembled an excellent coaching staff. For this to be a complete/ideal offseason for me, we'd go get A-Mo back. But that's probably a pipe dream cause they love him out in OKC. I know it was damn near impossible to resign him last year, but he's the kind of player you find a way to keep.
    He's under contract with OKC ain't he?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Broussard said we had interest in Tobias Harris. I know it's Broussard, but i'm wondering what kinda deal we could swing to get him.
    Man I would love Tobis Harris. The guy is so young and has the potential to be a star in his league. He has the size, versatility, and scoring punch to be exactly what we need. He's not the same player as Draymond Green but I believe he gives Gentry a similiar player who can have a impact very closely to what he provided the Warriors.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Barbosa and Tobias Harris.

Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    He's under contract with OKC ain't he?
    Yeah. I meant a pipe dream to trade for him. My bad!

And the only reason it's a pipe dream is cause it'd be hard to match contracts and I don't know we give anything up for him without giving up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If his price range is really 12-14m I have no idea. S&T with Orlando for Gordon. They need perimeter shooting.

But is he worth that much? Eh. I'd rather not.

I think Harris is a steal for 12-14 million especially with the cap going up next season. I could easily see a team offering him the max that's the only problem. If Hayward and Parsons got max contracts I have a feeling someone will gamble on the potential of Harris and go all in but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Hm...
    Stop it! I have to be up early I'm going to have trouble sleeping!

Anybody know what time FA starts for us? Is it 11:00?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Hm...
    I think the only way we get Harris is a S/T. Depending on who we give up we could be dangerous with Harris at the 3 regardless of who plays the 5.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I reeeally wish I was off tomorrow. But NoOoOoOoO, I had to use a vacation day so I could stay up and watch the draft!

Dell will make a move, im not saying it will be a blockbuster, and im not saying it will be for another ayon. What I will say is something will happen. For all I know he is working on a deal as we speak to send someone out. No one is untouchable besides davis and if someone offers something for jrue, tyreke, ryno, and he thinks it will better the team he wont hesitate to pull the trigger.

My money is a ryno trade for abother expiring. Something like ryno for wilson chandler or something of that nature.

LoL I think everyone knows Dell will make a move.

I hope we keep Anderson. I'm not some huge Anderson fan but I think his impact in this system will make arguably make him the 3rd most important player on our team. His impact can be huge just like it was not long ago.

Man I would love Tobis Harris. The guy is so young and has the potential to be a star in his league. He has the size, versatility, and scoring punch to be exactly what we need. He's not the same player as Draymond Green but I believe he gives Gentry a similiar player who can have a impact very closely to what he provided the Warriors.
    I know a bunch of people say he cant defend but I read an article saying he was like top 5 in the nba in contested shots or something. But I agree, he can shoot, rebound, score, put the ball on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post

I do know. The Spurs are reported to be the favorite for LA. The Clippers followed by the Mavs are reported to be the favorites for DJ.

No one reputable is reporting that the Lakers are the favorite to land either. Only that they are trying.
    Woj reported this earlier

I think the only "almost sure thing" is Aldridge going to the Spurs but you just never know.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Woj reported this earlier

I think the only "almost sure thing" is Aldridge going to the Spurs but you just never know.
    Yea this is exactly what I saw and Woj is usually pretty dead on. If the Lakers are clearing room for both you have to think they know something. Jordan and Aldridge have to like the idea of teaming up with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I know a bunch of people say he cant defend but I read an article saying he was like top 5 in the nba in contested shots or something. But I agree, he can shoot, rebound, score, put the ball on the floor.
    Yea the claims of Tobias Harris being a bad defender are completely false. He has the ability to be a great defender and Erman mite just be the guy to get that ability out of him.

Not to mention tobias harris shot 47% from the field this year and over 36% on 3 with 3.6 attempts per game. He could start at sf for us, and we could run small ball with him too

Yea the claims of Tobias Harris being a bad defender are completely false. He has the ability to be a great defender and Erman mite just be the guy to get that ability out of him.
    Agree, I would love him here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Dell will surprise us all....

And do nothing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't know what we're doing. The year I thought we'd wait until all the major free agents were gone to make a move, was the year we went after Tyreke Evans on like day 1. So maybe I wakt up and see we bagged a big player out of the blue. I dunno.

Thread Information