Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2015

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Man how far over the cap has Cleveland gone already? And they haven't even signed LBJ yet. That Lux Tax number should be beastly.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Can we move Asik for a time machine so we can go back and undo the Jerryd Bayles trade and thus keep the first under that could of gotten Harris?

Because I honestly can't see a scenario where we get Harris in this market. The guy could potentially get maxed by someone since the Magic said they won't match a max offer.

But what if the butterfly effect of that is no AD...

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Next year is the year for a star
    Exactly....Or maybe Gentry can make a star out of one of our guys?

I wouldn't dismiss that either just yet. Evans with a better jumper, BBIQ growth and better team D could be pretty incredible. Jrue with a defined role and Erman's help could catapult him up the PG ladder he has fallen down. Gentry's excitement over Gordon and Gordons contract year and health could actually give us a look at what we thought we were getting when we signed him for 15 mil a year.

I know Im falling prisoner to the offseason optimism disease but I do genuinely think we have some guys that could make some nice leaps.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Next year is the year for a star
    ...says every team, every year.

Lol shump gets 10 mil a year and we got jrue for 10 and tyreke for 11. Trade them!!!

the Cavs just went whole Scrooge McDuck w/ that Schumpert contract
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Except that anyone who's paying attention to this team can see that we are actually setting up for that. Yes, that doesn't automatically mean we'll land one, but there's NO point in jumping into this underwhelming market.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

HE GONE

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Maybe I'm being optimistic as opposed to some here.

No need for this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

Trade him! He's overpaid like everyone says on here

Free Agency 2015

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Dealer Dell has one big move left up his sleeve.. Move Asik.... I think he's going to trade Asik and sign a different center. I would do just about anything to get Tobias Harris at this point. He's going to be a big star.
    I agree , I know everyone is saying we won't make moves but we better start doing something because teams are getting better and we're not. Every move and every year is important we can't just say well next year we'll make the big move we have to find a way to make it happen if we want to continue to grow this fan base and send other stars the message that we are serious about winning .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrue and Tyreke are bargains now

Hell even EG isn't looking so bad

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    I agree , I know everyone is saying we won't make moves but we better start doing something because teams are getting better and we're not. Every move and every year is important we can't just say well next year we'll make the big move we have to find a way to make it happen if we want to continue to grow this fan base and send other stars the message that we are serious about winning .

What teams have gotten better? You could argue some are/will get worse.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    gotta hand it to the spurs. one of the few businesses in america that severely underpays their employees & gets praised for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    gotta hand it to the spurs. one of the few businesses in america that severely underpays their employees & gets praised for it.
    Some kinda crazy Popovich brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Why?

Health + a new coaching staff + player growth is our biggest get. A lot of these teams are trying to tread water and some of these teams are poised to drop. San Antonio is about the only team right now that is poised to catapult up the ladder of contenders if they sign Aldridge.

Other then that, Portland may have signed people but they will be worse. Dallas, even if they get Jordan and Wes Matthews, aren't contenders with no real point guard to run that show and Dirk's steady decline. But Jordan is likely staying put and so the Clippers will get slightly better with Pierce over Barnes but they still will lack depth.

Phoenix inked Chandler but he hasn't been the healthiest and unless they pull the coup of FA and get Aldridge they are fringe at best. Frankly Im more worried about Utah then Phoenix.

GS will be running it back. So will Memphis, OKC and Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

I don't like this
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I don't like this
    I mean from what I understand, The suns would have to move Bledsoe or the Morris twins to make it work. To me I still say this is a lateral move. Phoenix becomes the new Portland and Portland becomes last years Phoenix.

I mean from what I understand, The suns would have to move Bledsoe or the Morris twins to make it work. To me I still say this is a lateral move. Phoenix becomes the new Portland and Portland becomes last years Phoenix.
    I don't also trust the legitimacy

He can't be liking EVERYTHING

The Morris twins were charged with felony assault so I'm assuming no team will go near them until that all gets sorted out.

Thread Information