Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pelicans Interested in Quincy Acy

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post

I had NO CLUE he could shoot 3s or that his numbers were so similar to Crowder.
    He has not proven yet that he can. He has only made 23 in 4 years (18 last year).

Hes showing improvement atleast, I take that as a good sign of hard work

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He has not proven yet that he can. He has only made 23 in 4 years (18 last year).
    He's only been in the league 3 years. . .

The biggest reason to hope he can get his shot at least decently is his FT % is pretty darn good. Much better than Dray's. Certainly not proven but there is room to expect improvement.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I just meant I had no clue he was the type of player TO EVEN ATTEMPT 3s.

With the little that I've seen of him, I had him pegged as a Dennis Rodman type. (rebounding banger that only shoots within 2 feet)
    Looks to be a low-risk/high-reward type with expanding skillset and energy/effort.

Or a younger replacement for Dante.

Banned
    A poor man's Reggie Evans.

Never thought we would be looking at Acy when we had Young.

pretty much what you hoped Patric Young would have been last year. I'm in, we could use a tough rebounder

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Never thought we would be looking at Acy when we had Young.
    They aren't anywhere near the same player. I love Young and still follow him on Twitter but he was an undersized 5 who's range extended to within 3ft of the basket. If he makes it in the NBA it will be because of his hustle on the glass and defense.

Acy is a hybrid forward who has shown he can hit the jump shot and has the range to threaten from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Ya I think he could be our Draymond Green.
    Was waiting to see how long before someone said this.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Pretty intriguing. I like it. Low risk, high reward. floor is a bench warmer at bench warmer cost and his ceiling is a poor mans Draymond Green.

And if our competition is a bunch of bottom feeders and us, I think at equal(or near equal) cost we win 10 out of 10 in that bidding war.
    Never know what he's looking for...guy with not a lot of years/earnings in the league may be more interested in minutes than winning. Get the exposure to set up a bigger next contract.

I like Acy a lot but the guy does not have 3 point range. I guarantee Cunningham would shoot better then 20% last year if he took 3s also. Plain and simple Acy is taking terrible shots by taking 3s because he is horrible at them. He can definitely improve but from what we have seen so far he is no 3 point shooter. If people thought Aminu took bad shots by taking 3s then what is Acy doing?

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Was waiting to see how long before someone said this.
    Haha same here. Any player that plays good defense, rebounds, and takes 3s while being an undersized 4 who can also play the 3 is the next Green.

I think he'd be a good guy to have, tries his {edited - veiled cursing not allowed} off, plays within himself, won't see a lot of minutes but aims to make an impact with the minutes he gets anyway he can, won't cost too much
    never assume

Thread Information