Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Interested in Quincy Acy

Rumor Pelicans Interested in Quincy Acy

How would you feel about Quincy Acy?

Pelicans Interested in Quincy Acy

I remember hoping we would have taken a flier on him in the second round. Is he three and D? That's what he was projected to be if i remember correctly.

Na hes an ultra athletic high energy 4

Love his finishing and energy

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jason Maxiell, basically.

Every team needs a Quincy Acy.

Ya I think he could be our Draymond Green.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Every team needs a Quincy Acy.
    Good energy and depth off the bench. I think we could get him for the BAE or less.

He's a dante type 3/4

Excellent energy/very good defender/nice rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Uh...no.

He's a rebounder/dirty work guy. An undersized 4. He's a 29% 3pt shooter on 77 attempts. He'd be brought in to do some dirty work a few minutes a game.

I assume he's a minimum contract guy.

Hes a guy u want on ur team, would love to have him.

Also im sure it doesnt mean ryno is on the move, but hey who knows.

Banned
    I think he is a palooka.

Takes too many shots from the "dumb zone" and not nearly enough from around the rim. He can hit a couple 3s so he has that going for him over Cunningham. Not sure how his defense is but he seems like a slightly bigger Aminu. Actually his numbers compare pretty darn close to Jae Crowder. Maybe that's why we are interested in giving him a look.

But he does have a cool beard so I'd kick the tires.

Anyone know anything about his defense? It looks like he has a large skillset that our staff could utilize but his production would really be effective on the defensive end.

Was 15th out of 79 SFS in Defensive plus minus and everything I've read points to him being at least a solid defender at both spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Takes too many shots from the "dumb zone" and not nearly enough from around the rim. He can hit a couple 3s so he has that going for him over Cunningham. Not sure how his defense is but he seems like a slightly bigger Aminu. Actually his numbers compare pretty darn close to Jae Crowder. Maybe that's why we are interested in giving him a look.

But he does have a cool beard so I'd kick the tires.
    Wow, I had no idea that their numbers were so similar. If we can get Acy for a low price, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that their numbers were so similar. If we can get Acy for a low price, sign me up.
    Couldn't really find a ton about his defense but Crowder wasn't known for his defense either until Erman got a hold of him so there is at least some hope. If he and Cunningham both come at the same price I'd probably pick him because of his awesome beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Couldn't really find a ton about his defense but Crowder wasn't known for his defense either until Erman got a hold of him so there is at least some hope. If he and Cunningham both come at the same price I'd probably pick him because of his awesome beard.
    And I'd rather a guy who might actually put up a 3 instead of the long 2. Plus, I think he's a good dunker which is fun.

I know it's just highlights but this guy in our new uptempo system would electrify the SKC.
    Sheesh
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Pretty intriguing. I like it. Low risk, high reward. floor is a bench warmer at bench warmer cost and his ceiling is a poor mans Draymond Green.

And if our competition is a bunch of bottom feeders and us, I think at equal(or near equal) cost we win 10 out of 10 in that bidding war.

He seems like a slightly upgraded DC with more potential and presumebly the same price range ... it seems pretty hard to disagree considering the risk is pretty low.
    Now he does have suitors it seems and some of those teams are bound to offer more than the BAE.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    This phrase is getting as overused as elite on here.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    High energy BANGER with great hands.

I had NO CLUE he could shoot 3s or that his numbers were so similar to Crowder.

He looks amish, which is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    This phrase is getting as overused as elite on here.
    You're not kidding. It seems everyone is our Draymond Green regardless of whether there is even a similarity.

I had forgotten about Quincy Acy since he was drafted so I've reading up on him more and more since it was said we were looking at him.

I'm not saying he can be our Draymond Green but their physical numbers are extremely close: Quincy is about 2" taller, his arms are about 2" shorter but they have the exact same standing reach. Quincy has a better no step and max vert (by 4" and 7"!). They came into the league within ~10lbs of each other.

When you compare their numbers from this past season they were similar:

Of course the biggest difference being the amout of 3pt shots Dray took. But the more I look - the more it makes perfect sense why we would be looking at Quincy Acy. Of course the hope with any player like this is that he will continue to develop his deep ball since that seems to be his only real weakness.

No idea what will happen but he seems like a cool FA to go after since we don't really have any guys that do the dirty work on our team (outside of maybe Asik).

Thread Information