Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aminu visiting

Aminu visiting

never assume

Think he would be great as a small ball 4 off the bench for a couple mil or so a year. Was always miscast as a 3.

Cool. Wouldn't mind bringing back AFA for the MLE.

Aminu or Dante who would you guys rather?

1-6

I'd rather Aminu

Give me Dante. While AFA played well within himself last season we were all more than happy with the solid work out of DC. Keep the continuity, bring back DC.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Rather Dante

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Dante

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I'm gonna lean toward Dante. He'd be cheaper by a lot anyway wouldn't he?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Aminu or Dante who would you guys rather?
    Dante. At least he can shoot.

I'd rather both if we could afford both. If I had to choose I'd take Dante.

I really like Aminu's defense. Aminu was actually better from the FT line, 2pt range, and 3pt range. Ugh. This is such a hard choice. For a backup I guess I'd pick Aminu because of his defense, rebounding, and actually willing to shoot a 3. But it's close for me. Here's their numbers btw.

All Hail Farouq!! This would be so cool. I understand people have PTSD when they hear his name around here. He could be our Shawn Marion though.

Anyways, I'd rather Aminu than Cunningham; but I am a fan of Cunningham also. I just hate dealing with the developmental years of an Aminu and not getting to enjoy the final product.

Believe it. Al Farouq Aminu will be damn good

DC just brings more intangibles and I'd worry to death about Tyreke+AFA+Asik

EDIT: I think aminu will go for near the MLE while DC will go for the BAE(2.5 mil).

DC+Dudley>>>>Aminu+BAE wing
    Last edited by The Emperor; 06-28-2015 at 03:53 PM.

If Aminu has that many meetings, his price tag is going to be way higher.

If they both could be had for 1 year/2 mil, I could debate either side. If Aminu is going to get a bigger deal, it's not close IMO
    @mcnamara247

Oh God no. Dante over AFA eight days a week.

Well let's see, Dante shoots better, defends better, and has a higher BB IQ.

Aminu is a better rebounder.

I vote Dante

I feel like a inu will be better than Cunningham next year, but that is just a gut feeling

Anyway, I guess I would rather have Cunningham to play it safe, but my dream would be dudleavy

AFA earned 3,7m in his last year in NO. last year it was vet minimum on a discount contract. Probably he wants to be paid, or he might want one year deal with chances of 20-25 playing time.

I will be fine with 2,5 m (1+1 year). especially when he fits in Gentry's system.
    But I prefer Dante (for BAE). I'd rather spend MLE on Brewer or Dudley. Crowder is out of reach.

If Cunningham could extend his game to the corner three it wouldn't even be a question. And part of me is really interested in seeing if an offseason with our shooting coach could do that.

I think Aminu is going to fit Gentry's system better. I know he can't shoot - although apparently he shot better than DC last year.

But AFA was born to run. He is faster than basically anyone his size and is a good finisher at the rim. I think he would surprise in a run n' gun system.

I like DC, but if we can make the numbers work, I would prefer AFA. Plus he is still young and will end up being a really good player before his time is done.

I would love Aminu back here! I don't understand why we let him go in the first place.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Aminu: Better defender, gets more steals, blocks shots, younger, faster, awesome on the fast break, excellent rebounder. Not a good shooter. Can he improve perimeter defense?

Cunningham is a better shooter, good mid range jumper, natural instincts, toughness, good defender, good teammate.

My vote is we get Aminu for a fair price. He's improving and under Gentry's new offense he could be a great piece to add. I would take him over Cunningham because his rebounding and defense alone is much better. Now, if we have to overpay a little bit I would. I think he has a lot of what we need to improve. But he must be utilized well.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Cool. Wouldn't mind bringing back AFA for the MLE.
    If we use the MLE on AFA, Dell needs his head examined. Anything more than the BAE is too much IMO. If he has that many teams interested, I hope he goes elsewhere as the price will likely be above the BAE.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I would consider bringing him back with the new offensive system but DC has brought more too this team than Aminu did his few years wise despite what the numbers might say and to me it's almost like Aminu is Juju reincarnated lol I can't deal with a disappointing yet promising SF anymore.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information