Pelicans Report

Thread: question about asik

question about asik

Is it possible that we can sign and trade asik and take incoming salary that way for another center. I am ignorant to the cap so please advise.
    I'm a grinder

Yes. It is possible.

Highly unlikely however because if a team had a center we would want, why would they trade him for Asik? It would require more players moved.

Thanks man

I just wondered if another team viewed asik more valuable to them then we could swing a 3 way deal some kinda way. Tbh I was just hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Is it possible that we can sign and trade asik and take incoming salary that way for another center. I am ignorant to the cap so please advise.
    Yeah we can sign and trade him but it would be a strange situation where we get the center back that you want for another center for a similar contract.

Edit: slow on the response and Mythrol said the exact same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I just wondered if another team viewed asik more valuable to them then we could swing a 3 way deal some kinda way. Tbh I was just hoping.
    My suggestion is hope Asik plays like he did in Houston in Gentry's system.

I mean, maybe we blow it up and move a couple of pieces and the entire team changes.

maybe sign and trade Asik for a small forward and then sign brandon wright? IDK, just guessing here.

With Erman coming in, a guy that learned under Thibs and worked with Malone, I have to imagine that a guy like Asik has value to him.

If Erman is getting an associate head coach title it has to mean that his needs to craft the defense are going to be a priority almost to the level of Gentry's.

To me Asik is a guy that if we can get him playing like he was in Houston can become a very movable piece on his new contract and likely be at a value. His whole down season may be a blessing in disguise.

Get him on a contract that echoes his season performance of a mismatched piece in a very strong center market before the cap rise and after a season he could very well turn into a bargain contract for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    With Erman coming in, a guy that learned under Thibs and worked with Malone, I have to imagine that a guy like Asik has value to him.

If Erman is getting an associate head coach title it has to mean that his needs to craft the defense are going to be a priority almost to the level of Gentry's.

To me Asik is a guy that if we can get him playing like he was in Houston can become a very movable piece on his new contract and likely be at a value. His whole down season may be a blessing in disguise.

Get him on a contract that echoes his season performance of a mismatched piece in a very strong center market before the cap rise and after a season he could very well turn into a bargain contract for other teams.
    I hope so. He just seemed like a square peg in a round hole last season.

Thread Information