Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One of the best reads on Darren Erman

One of the best reads on Darren Erman

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2015/6/...rriors-jackson

This give an incredible background of Erman from a guy who was extremely skeptical of out Gentry hiring. Read through it because I was absolutely blown away by the things said about Erman. I mean absolutely incredible.

Im so excited!!!

Great article, count me in I'm excited about what the future holds with this team .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great article and thanks for the post!

Excellent article
    I'm a grinder

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Great read! The one issue that MM brought up as soon as Gentry's name was floated was his age. It now seems that Gentry/Ermin hire is not only perfect for now, but potentially for our future as well in that Erman could be considered the front runner as successor to Gentry. First, we have to be successful before we can entertain that conversation, but I like that Demps seems to be employing some wise foresight with the idea that we will be successful.

thanks for sharing, glad to see him helping Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Great read! The one issue that MM brought up as soon as Gentry's name was floated was his age. It now seems that Gentry/Ermin hire is not only perfect for now, but potentially for our future as well in that Erman could be considered the front runner as successor to Gentry. First, we have to be successful before we can entertain that conversation, but I like that Demps seems to be employing some wise foresight with the idea that we will be successful.
    We would have to hold onto Erman that long. I don't think that we'll have that chance.

The writer seems to echo my evolution of thoughts about the Pelicans coaching search. Although I never gave the Gentry hiring a 4 in my mind. Probably more like a 6 to 7.5 whereas I had Thibs pegged more as a likely 7 to 8 hiring and JVG a 7 to 9 type hire.

But with Gentry and my quick education on Erman I think the overall package for me projects to a 7.5 to 9.5 type hire. The ceiling is really high for Erman and it is the sort of pairing where if Gentry isn't the guy in 1-2 seasons you can imagine you might have a quality replacement.

I think guys like Gordon and Jrue(willing defenders that could use some better guidance and coaching) could really thrive.

I honestly haven't been this excited about a New Orleans sports season since the buzz around our Super Bowl year. It was just this weird feeling that everything was coming together. This doesnt quite have that level but it does sort of take on the hope and realistically grounded optimism of the early Payton era.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 06-02-2015 at 09:59 PM.

As for Erman, the guy just has that work ethic, drive, passion and ability to reach people that is rare. His story of great education, tireless work ethic and often head scratching sacrifice to outsiders due to his love of the game - coupled with his unconventional climb into the echelons of the league - reminds me a lot of Bill Belichick's climb into the NFL.

.....But much more likable it seems haha.

Adding Pack and Erman to this staff I really don't think it could get any better. I would love to get Sclaibrine also. We got Pack who was my favorite to get just didn't know it was possible and if I knew more about Erman he would have clearly been my top choice. Just imagine how the players feel having Erman and Pack instead of Ayers and Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Adding Pack and Erman to this staff I really don't think it could get any better. I would love to get Sclaibrine also. We got Pack who was my favorite to get just didn't know it was possible and if I knew more about Erman he would have clearly been my top choice. Just imagine how the players feel having Erman and Pack instead of Ayers and Gates.
    And what is your opinion about Kevin Hanson who is generally credited with tweaking AD's shot to become what it is today?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    And what is your opinion about Kevin Hanson who is generally credited with tweaking AD's shot to become what it is today?
    Jumping in...

Hes a guy I hope we try and retain.

what is an associate head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    what is an associate head coach?
    Without having any inside knowledge, I would hazard a guess that it allows the organisation to pay the staff member more, and recognise their position as more than just any old assistant coach, probably with more value and say.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Give the Supervillain the reigns and suddenly he starts making moves for world domination.

This Ermac dude seems like he's got 10,000 forsaken souls inside of him. And all of them know how to coach defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Give the Supervillain the reigns and suddenly he starts making moves for world domination.

This Ermac dude seems like he's got 10,000 forsaken souls inside of him. And all of them know how to coach defense.
    Welp I see why your quoted in sigs now.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

AD to Goro confirmed

I have to said it, the more I read about him, the more I'm excited about his hiring. Seems a great guy and even the perfect guy for this team.

My only fear is to know how many time we will able to retain him ? I mean, associate HC doesn't last forever, especially a high praised like Erman. If we have success next year, we have to fully expect to see him interviewed for head coaching gigs and we won't be able to retain him with the only promess to let Gentry retire in few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    I would like to keep Hanson and Vinson. I think both are very possible to return keeping some continuity here. I don't see why we would want to get rid of someone who works with Davis when he has made this big of a jump over the years. Maybe Davis would have done this with any coach but I don't see how you can ignore what he has become while working with Hanson. I don't see anybody doing much better with him. Add 1 more good guy to this staff and that's one hell of a group.

Will he be the NBA Rob Ryan and buying fans drinks after games at Lucy's?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

like the obscure MK reference. But isn't Erman pretty close to your username Eman?

Something fishy going on confirmed.

But i thought demps was the worst gm since whateverhisnamewas?

Seriously, this read has only got me super excited. I already was but now even more

I'm so ready for next season already , can't wait to see some tweeks on the roster and see the new offense and defense in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Great read. Already shared with numerous friends who have never heard of Erman.

Thread Information